'The Somali Stare'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
That's goood :nvjpqts: Not many somalis have the guts to walk up to another somali person after staring at them and start a convo :ftw9nwa: So kudos to you.

You don’t know me! I converse with Somalis. Especially when I’m traveling and I run into Somalis :lolbron: I straight up put on a show, I make a comment relevant to the situation “Waar maxaa diyaaradan ka siya “:mjlol::mjlol:

I love making a conversation whenever I’m traveling to Africa and the plane is full Diaspora cause I be like “qaaradu habaar bey qabtaa...wax kasta Ma shaqeynayaan”:chrisfreshhah: some lady would be like “Waar hanaga ceyn dhulkayaga” and I refute that with “maan ceyn waan sii habaaray”:damn::deadrose:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Naah, we spent our holiday in Dubai for 2 months walaal, I'm not even from Hargeisa :ftw9nwa: But I would love to visit there one day inshAllah.

For freaking 2 months ! Are you out of your cottamn mind ! Did your family rent a home there

Disclaimer: call me “adeer” :mjpls::mjpls:

A lot of the times i'm in a car with other Somalis/my family, habaryars are changing lanes and re-adjusting their mirrors just to get a glimpse of our faces.
:draketf:

For freaking 2 months ! Are you out of your cottamn mind ! Did your family rent a home there

Disclaimer: call me “adeer” :mjpls::mjpls:

My abti is a doctor there and owns a small mansion :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: But he no longer lives there and sold it. It gets boring after awhile.. Cause I missed seeing my people:frdfvsb: especially at the mall full with arab faces and east asians uff.

I've seen Ethiopians/Eritreans do it too but its not as common. Somali's do it a loooot.
I've noticed a lot of the younger generation of girls (15-18) are quite rude about it too. They have aome weird cuqdad and are very paranoid. They stare pre-emptively. Staring before you stare :ftw9nwa:

The guys are very strange and stare like they've never seen a Somali girl before :chrisfreshhah:
This isn't as common as a few years ago though.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
My abti is a doctor there and owns a small mansion :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: But he no longer lives there and sold it. It gets boring after awhile.. Cause I missed seeing my people:frdfvsb: especially at the mall full with arab faces and east asians uff.

Are you married now?

tumal

hyde
i love the judging look they give you, it's funny. I was partying with some of my white friends and some somali clerk was starring me when my friend was buying some vodka

I think I used to do it quite a bit. Stopped because it is rude and also because I live in London and Somalis are everywhere. Hardly a rarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts