'The Somali Stare'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Why do Somalis stare at other Somali strangers? It's creepy as hell. Only Somalis do this, other ethnic minorities won't stare.

That's because other ethnic minorities are a lot harder to point out. Everyone can spot a fellow Somali. Try spotting a Norwegian, Congolese or Mexican on the street. It's nearly impossible, because there's so many other ethnicities that looks like them

Why do Somalis stare at other Somali strangers? It's creepy as hell. Only Somalis do this, other ethnic minorities won't stare.

Loool I've been experiencing that for sooooo long now. Especially in the UK, you'll see girls and guys just staring at you, even though I don't know them they will still stare at me. It would be nice of them just to come up to me and say 'seetahay... or something' Its so creepy for them to just stare... I feel like its either they are hating what you have on, OR, they are amazed and like your outfit.

Somalis are tribal people,meeting someone from a family they know or same tribe is important,they are trying to see if they know you or get your attention to ask you the usual questions your family your qabil
Its creepy but back then in somalia maybe it was important for survival

Social fobia like not making eye contact is new to somalis,its for sensitive fairy cadans

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
How many times I’ve fought with my mother over this !:damedamn:

We’re sittig at a doctor’s office and someone comes in and my mother would follow that poor soul to the counter with her eyes. Then I’d say “hooyo dadka saas looma eego, waa jaahilnimo” and then she’ll let me have it “Ma indhaheyga bey ila leeyihiin....”:jcoleno::jcoleno:

Apollo

VIP
How many times I’ve fought with my mother over this !:damedamn:

We’re sittig at a doctor’s office and someone comes in and my mother would follow that poor soul to the counter with her eyes. Then I’d say “hooyo dadka saas looma eego, waa jaahilnimo” and then she’ll let me have it “Ma indhaheyga bey ila leeyihiin....”:jcoleno::jcoleno:

In Somalia they also stare at people.

I think this is a weird and negative Somali cultural trait.

I was once at the airport with my baby cousins, and they themselves said why are they staring at us, they felt so uncomfortable... Okaay you can stare at us for 10-15 mins maximum, however, this Somali family stared at us throughout the whole trip from Dubai to the UK.
:draketf:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
In Somalia they also stare at people.

I think this is a weird and negative Somali cultural trait.

The first week back in Somalia back in March was weird because of how they would stare but manne I quickly got use to them

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Loool I've been experiencing that for sooooo long now. Especially in the UK, you'll see girls and guys just staring at you, even though I don't know them they will still stare at me. It would be nice of them just to come up to me and say 'seetahay... or something' Its so creepy for them to just stare... I feel like its either they are hating what you have on, OR, they are amazed and like your outfit.

A lot of the times it’s just an innocent stare because there are times that someone was staring, like at an airport and we eventually would get to talk due to our proximity as we are on transit or something and almost always these people are just nice people. They just like staring.

A lot of the times it’s just an innocent stare because there are times that someone was staring, like at an airport and we eventually would get to talk due to our proximity as we are on transit or something and almost always these people are just nice people. They just like staring.

Yes, I like the ones that are open for a conversation, however, the ones that we were dealing with were just staring and not smiling, they were actually muttering something under their breath, I don't like them immature ones with a smirk on their faces, it just shows they are actually talking about you.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Yes, I like the ones that are open for a conversation, however, the ones that we were dealing with were just staring and not smiling, they were actually muttering something under their breath, I don't like them immature ones with a smirk on their faces, it just shows they are actually talking about you.

What were you wearing ? Was it too tight ? We’re your boobs showing ? And how old were you then ? :cosbyhmm:

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Somalis are tribal people,meeting someone from a family they know or same tribe is important,they are trying to see if they know you or get your attention to ask you the usual questions your family your qabil
Its creepy but back then in somalia maybe it was important for survival

Social fobia like not making eye contact is new to somalis,its for sensitive fairy cadans
True. It's just a natural instinct that Somalis have developed for survival.

What were you wearing ? Was it too tight ? We’re your boobs showing ? And how old were you then ? :cosbyhmm:

:yloezpe::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: Back then I turned 18, I was wearing a long summery dress (which wasn't tight at all), with my hair down and a kimono, my baby cousins were just 5 year olds and 8, very innocent.

:yloezpe::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: Back then I turned 18, I was wearing a long summery dress (which wasn't tight at all), with my hair down and a kimono, my baby cousins were just 5 year olds and 8, very innocent.

I'm guessing they were staring at because you weren't wearing a hijab, and they were wondering if you were Somali because of that
they were actually muttering something under their breath, I don't like them immature ones with a smirk on their faces, it just shows they are actually talking about you.
These were possibly talking bad about you, because of that as well

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
It's creepy as hell, especially when older men or FOB refugees do it.

200w.gif

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

No hijab? :gucciwhat:

And what the heck!

Why were you accompanying your little cousins all the way from Dubai. How can your parents trust you with such a mayhem

I'm guessing it's because you weren't wearing a hijab, and they were wondering if you were Somali

Loool :ftw9nwa: They knew we were Somali, even when we were on the plane they were still staring at us and what movie we were watching, I could hear them say 'audhubillah, they watched someone kiss' even though we weren't expecting it, it was a split second :yloezpe: You know how them Hollywood movies be like, very unpredictable.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
I go to Uni in an cadaan city so whenever I see a Somali, which is a rarity, I stare first and then approach them.

No hijab? :gucciwhat:

And what the heck!

Why were you accompanying your little cousins all the way from Dubai. How can your parents trust you with such a mayhem

Loool my parents trust me, just cause you don't wear the hijab doesn't mean your up to something bad walaal, and plus my habaryaar was with us, but she was busy talking to another somali lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.