The Somali founder of Harar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
My understanding of the Harla folks was they were 100 percent wiped out, can you imagine if Oromos started claiming Proto-Somali/Harari clan. Yall are already disappearing that would put salt on the injury :ohlord:

They claim Minnesota as an ancient oromo settlement :dead:

He doesn't look Somali :kanyeshrug:
IMG_4790.JPG

The only reason I mentioned that he is my ancestor is to dispel the theory that he was an Arab. His history is documented. He was a Somali man who brought Islam to Harar.
If you don't believe me, take a look at this.
http://www.abtirsi.com/view.php?person=344
Abadir Musa Mahamed Warwaajecel Radimiir Amaanreer.

@GeKo
Check the references at the bottom of the article I copied. The info is there if you choose to believe he was an Arab, then I don't know what to tell you. I almost feel as if you don't believe Somali's coyld achieve greatness.

Luna,

I hate to disillusion you, but Harar has three mosques that date from the tenth century. The northern Somali clans form in the 12th-13th centuries and the wall around Harar was built in the 13th -16th centuries, not at one go. Ethiopia, today, has both Somali and Harari regional states. Harari is Ethio/Semitic; it is not Cushitic and not Somali. Have you done your DNA testing? Wasn't Jaberti an Arab?

This is interesting, except for the fact that the Portuguese didn't enter East Africa until 1498. (Note the quote marks; the author is probably referring to the Christian Ethiopian state.) :

https://somaliswisstv.com/2009/06/28/first-emir-of-harar-sheikh-abadir-musa-warwaje’le/

"Abadir with a group of companions entered Harar in the mid-13th century with the primary purpose of proselytizing the local inhabitants. After marrying a Harari woman, he subsequently built the famous mosque, known as the Jamia site, which until this day stands tall albeit renovated."
"In 1234/35, Abadir and several of his companions left Harar for a pilgrimage to Mecca, where they stayed until 1279. Prior to his departure, Abadir handed the emirate over to his brother Abdurahim Musa WarWaje’le (Somali: Cabdiraxiin Muuse Warwaajecle) and some of his companions to govern the region in his absence.

Upon his return, he found the region devastated by the Portuguese and its inhabitants engulfed and weakened by internal strives. Some of his companions including his brother fell in the wars against the “Portuguese” or died in other ways. Abadir re-united and re-organized the demoralised Harari troops and pushed the Portuguese back beyond the boundaries of Zayla."

Ahmad Gurey wasn't until 1506-1543.

1. Abadir
  2. Son of Muse
  3. Son of Mahamed
  4. Son of Warwajele
  5. Son of Radimir
  6. Son of Amanreir
  7. Son of Isaq
  8. Son of Galshiredle
  9. Son of Hodenbari
  10. Son of Balyiri
  11. Son of Awsame
  12. Son of Mahamed "Mareihan"
  13. Son of Ahmed "Sade"
  14. Son of Abdirahman "Darod"
  15. Son of Ismaeil
  16. Son of Jaberti
Abadir Muse Mahamed

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1189

"Harar functioned as the capital of the Harari Kingdom from 1520 to 1568, became an independent emirate in the 17th century and was integrated into Ethiopia in 1887. From the late 16th century to the 19th century Harar was an important trade centre between the coast and the interior highlands and a location for Islamic learning.

Today Harar is the administrative capital of the Harari People National Regional State (HPNRS). The historic town has a traditionally functioning community, forming a complex social-environmental whole where each element has its symbolic and practical significance. The Harari people are distinguished by the continued cultural traditions and quality of their handicrafts, including weaving, basket making and book binding. The organization of the communities through traditional systems has preserved its social and physical inheritance and, significantly, the Harari language."

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Don't folks know where he's buried? run his DNA and see the results.

Luna,

I hate to disillusion you, but Harar has three mosques that date from the tenth century. The northern Somali clans form in the 12th-13th centuries and the wall around Harar was built in the 13th -16th centuries, not at one go. Ethiopia, today, has both Somali and Harari regional states. Harari is Ethio/Semitic; it is not Cushitic and not Somali. Have you done your DNA testing? Wasn't Jaberti an Arab?

This is interesting, except for the fact that the Portuguese didn't enter East Africa until 1498. (Note the quote marks; the author is probably referring to the Christian Ethiopian state.) :

https://somaliswisstv.com/2009/06/28/first-emir-of-harar-sheikh-abadir-musa-warwaje’le/

"Abadir with a group of companions entered Harar in the mid-13th century with the primary purpose of proselytizing the local inhabitants. After marrying a Harari woman, he subsequently built the famous mosque, known as the Jamia site, which until this day stands tall albeit renovated."
"In 1234/35, Abadir and several of his companions left Harar for a pilgrimage to Mecca, where they stayed until 1279. Prior to his departure, Abadir handed the emirate over to his brother Abdurahim Musa WarWaje’le (Somali: Cabdiraxiin Muuse Warwaajecle) and some of his companions to govern the region in his absence.

Upon his return, he found the region devastated by the Portuguese and its inhabitants engulfed and weakened by internal strives. Some of his companions including his brother fell in the wars against the “Portuguese” or died in other ways. Abadir re-united and re-organized the demoralised Harari troops and pushed the Portuguese back beyond the boundaries of Zayla."

Ahmad Gurey wasn't until 1506-1543.

1. Abadir
  2. Son of Muse
  3. Son of Mahamed
  4. Son of Warwajele
  5. Son of Radimir
  6. Son of Amanreir
  7. Son of Isaq
  8. Son of Galshiredle
  9. Son of Hodenbari
  10. Son of Balyiri
  11. Son of Awsame
  12. Son of Mahamed "Mareihan"
  13. Son of Ahmed "Sade"
  14. Son of Abdirahman "Darod"
  15. Son of Ismaeil
  16. Son of Jaberti
Abadir Muse Mahamed

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1189

"Harar functioned as the capital of the Harari Kingdom from 1520 to 1568, became an independent emirate in the 17th century and was integrated into Ethiopia in 1887. From the late 16th century to the 19th century Harar was an important trade centre between the coast and the interior highlands and a location for Islamic learning.

Today Harar is the administrative capital of the Harari People National Regional State (HPNRS). The historic town has a traditionally functioning community, forming a complex social-environmental whole where each element has its symbolic and practical significance. The Harari people are distinguished by the continued cultural traditions and quality of their handicrafts, including weaving, basket making and book binding. The organization of the communities through traditional systems has preserved its social and physical inheritance and, significantly, the Harari language."
I can definitely believe that Harar had an Islamic presence prior to Abadir's arrival. I'm not claiming everything in that article is correct as I did not write it. But Abadir regardless of whether he was an arab or a Somali, is known to have turned Harar into what it was.
Another thing, there has been a strong Somali presence in Harar for many centuries and this has nothing rondo with the ethnicity of the Aderi people. They've been there for a long time-even before Abadir came to them. As far as I am concerned, they are Muslim Habesha 's who claim descent from an Arab or Somali saint despite them already being there. Many Muslim groups do this to get closer to the Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) lineage. But God knows best.

The idea that the Somali clans formed in the 12th century is hard to believe though. What makes you think that?

One last thing, both Abadir's lived around the same time, in the same place and supposedly held the same title. This isn't a coincidence. Someone is lying about his heritage here, not sure who. OR, someone confused them as the same person. If you search up Abadir I'm at, Musa Warwaajecel will also come up as his name. I really doubt the Arab story though.
And no, I haven't done a dna test, but many from this same lineage have and come up as regular Somali's.

Von

no we got good company if extinct like the latins or pharaohs fam :trumpsmirk:
Latins and pharaohs made a lasting impact on the world if Hararis die out it will be quiet and lonely. The best you can hope for is some minimal waged paid tour guild mentions you.
If you want to survive, us Somalis are here for you our number starts with +252:westbrookswag:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Latins and pharaohs made a lasting impact on the world if Hararis die out it will be quiet and lonely. The best you can hope for is some minimal waged paid tour guild mentions you.
If you want to survive, us Somalis are here for you our number starts with +252:westbrookswag:

:mindblown: pirates, al shabab. civil wars, secession but u can help harar? bruh:dead: dont worry before we are extinct we shall bring peace to the region. hopefully a union in the region without clan b.s

Von

:mindblown: pirates, al shabab. civil wars, secession but u can help harar? bruh:dead: dont worry before we are extinct we shall bring peace to the region. hopefully a union in the region without clan b.s
Clearly, I meant in the future we have our own issues to fix :drakekidding: but once we solve them, we'll be back to us yall if being part of Somalia as an autonomous region is something you want:mjlaugh:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Clearly, I meant in the future we have our own issues to fix :drakekidding: but once we solve them, we'll be back to us yall if being part of Somalia as an autonomous region is something you want:mjlaugh:

The future is an independent ogaden that tames the oromo and begins a massive invasion into somalia right after it absorbs djbouti. It would thus be too difficult to call for Somali nationalism and thats when Harar comes in :lolbron: The dream of a Somali revival is all fine and dandy but its not realistic when AU, NATO members like turkey is setting up base in Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending