The "Somali Civil War" Industry and who benefited

Yoo

Eel eh?
Woah you can’t just say Puntland, “Lives off of aid money” that flies in the face of reality. Puntland was build from a ground up approach. Puntlanders at home and those abroad are constantly collaborating to build hospitals, roads, airports, seaports, schools and finding ambitious solutions to everyday problems.

Can’t you see what’s going on in Garacad now ? Can’t you see how the Puntland government, local citizenry and the diaspora are pouring in money and resources to make Garacad Port a reality ?
That happens yes and we commend the citizens for taking things into their own hands, but there's PL politicians and buisness men that thrive under the current status qou. The former minister of fisheries was sacked shortly after an incident where thai trawlers were apprehended in thailand , the thai government then contacted the somali fishing ministry about this asking them if they had permission from the FEDs to fish in somali water which ofc they didnt. Long story short the thieves were held up in thailand and were in cohoots with PL politicians and buisness men alike, with a lot of pressure the minister was fired a little while after. Show you how politicians and dirty buisness men benefit from this lawlessness and this isn't just PL btw

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth

tumblr_o864nq0sTt1rhmne4o2_500.gifv

I also want to add, regions with limited resources, benefit from the "civil war aid" and "un aid" the most, and would probably prefer that, then actually utilizing what they have and investing in their current area.

I would add secessionists/separatists movements as well.

The reason why Somalia is in the position that is because the GOVERNMENT missed placed priorities in regards to national security. But, instead allocated a sufficient amount of time and energy to fight with regional states of Somalia.

you HAD 19 years to create a FEDERAL GOVERNMENT and to be quite frank it's falling a part.

Somaliland alhamdullah it safe, A child can play outside In Hargeysa, Burco, Erigavo, Boroma, Saylac, Lughaya, Gabiley, Brebera, Canayba, or oodweyne without fearing his safety.

The question is how Somaliland contributed towards the instability of Somalia ?

Last edited:
I would advise reer Konfur, to build their nation and elect a president that can get on with regional state municipality. in addition, it is able to priorities on national security instead of infighting within Somalia's government establishment .

all i'm saying Somalia had it conducted clan reconciliation like in Somaliland in the 90s to resolve conflict between clans and subclans. it may not be in the position that it is in today.

I sympathise with the average Dhega and Farax on the streets in Xamar and the rest of reer Konfur who are ordinary people who want what's best for their country, family and friends.

Last edited:
That happens yes and we commend the citizens for taking things into their own hands, but there's PL politicians and buisness men that thrive under the current status qou. The former minister of fisheries was sacked shortly after an incident where thai trawlers were apprehended in thailand , the thai government then contacted the somali fishing ministry about this asking them if they had permission from the FEDs to fish in somali water which ofc they didnt. Long story short the thieves were held up in thailand and were in cohoots with PL politicians and buisness men alike, with a lot of pressure the minister was fired a little while after. Show you how politicians and dirty buisness men benefit from this lawlessness and this isn't just PL btw

I see your point. We need to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. Puntland has come a long way, we can fight corruption while improving governance. We need a living evolving Puntland that can serve and safeguard the needs of our people.

I have no faith in a unitary Somali state. Unitary regimes in Africa enable corruption and incompetence. Resources go towards the capital city and some areas, while the rest of the country remain in abject poverty.

Trending

Latest posts