"The Salman Rushdie" of Somalis

Do you consider this bloke is an Apostate?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • I don't know and don't care (I'm still in the closet)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • fok off Aussie

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If you believe in the quran and the prophets scw sunnah and follow the asxaaba you are pretty much salafi to. Calling someone salafi is not an insult. Its saying you are following the truth without comprimise

Jay

u strike me as someone hysterical to know in real life. If i did not read your comment wrong in another thread about Madow, u said at least they are consistent. Do people WHO are not consistent drive u crazy?

Jay

u strike me as someone hysterical to know in real life. If i did not read your comment wrong in another thread about Madow, u said at least they are consistent. Do people WHO are not consistent drive u crazy?

Yes....would you say you are consistent basra

Jay

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Consistent is my middle name. I have been trolling for over 20 years, yet i remain exactly the same. Mashalaah. no....Inshalaaah change? I am confused.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Then you should love salafis....they love consistency

Salafi, Sufi, Suni, Shiah, shuun, really i dont care for all these labels. I am a muslim.

Amaantu bilaahi, waa malaaikatihi, Waa Ruusulihi, Waa Khutubihi, waal Yomul Akhiri......

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
I vote for a secular prosperous Somalia , where ignorance and illiteracy are confronted .

I heavily disagree that people would regard him as the Salman Rushdie of Somalia , there's not a single evidence of him badmouthing the religion itself.
Somalis must acknowledge that state and religion intertwined together can stir up disastrous recipe.
The irony though , it's always the usual salafists that want to see him dead and indoctrinate millions of followers to view him as an apostate despite he hasn't stated anything that can prove his infidelity .
It's all stupid talk and badmouthing intellectuals that are ambitiously motivated to change the backwards perspectives of Somalis

Siad barre was no angel but had similar ideals and plans to separate religion from the state , but was met with fierce resistance.

We are stubborn and reluctant we do not even realise we have the same mentality as Al Shabaab always dismiss the posivites as we grew up in a world to believe we are righteous devout muslims therefore man made law is intolerable.

I recently noticed some SSPOTers dwelling in the west are in favour of Sharia Law and not laws of their host nations.
They have a preference that sharia should exist in Somalia but they wouldn't set a foot there,
Meanwhile if you conduct an interview in rural villages , towns and baadiyo the people prefer state law due to those territories recently liberated from terrorists.
Blasphemy is a blatant tool a weapon used to project angst and fear into the people like this scholar deemed as apostate.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

there's no real political system that Islam forces you to adhere, Ottoman empire was secular for years, no one revolted against them heck Jews were allowed to be in the Suldaan's administration, kingdom, dictators, and caliphs all ruled and was prophesized by the Nabi SAW. Takfiris and wahabists are all fighting for political and spilling muslim blood.

there's no real political system that Islam forces you to adhere, Ottoman empire was secular for years, no one revolted against them heck Jews were allowed to be in the Suldaan's administration, kingdom, dictators, and caliphs all ruled and was prophesized by the Nabi SAW. Takfiris and wahabists are all fighting for political and spilling muslim blood.

I have two questions.

Should a Muslim ruler of a state rule by the book of Allah and the Sunnah of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم? Or man made law?

Does he have a choice in deciding whether he wants to follow the Law of Allah or not?

TekNiKo

VIP
I have two questions.

Should a Muslim ruler of a state rule by the book of Allah and the Sunnah of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم? Or man made law?

Does he have a choice in deciding whether he wants to follow the Law of Allah or not?
There's a difference between sharci law in an Islamic court and civi law. Scholars state that the xuduud implemention of law is at the discretion of the ruler. As long as he establishes the prayer and is not a gaal no one should overthrow him. Islam is very tolerant religion and does not want to force people to do things, Islam is easy but you so called salafists make it hard. Did you know Umar bin Khattab (RA) suspended xuduud punishment for theft due to economic hardship and drought? He said NO WERE NOT CUTTING HANDS, people are stealing cause they are poor, suspend it! This is ijtihaad and the aqli to use it.

People were hungry and he made that his jurisdiction but if you were to say that terror groups today funded by Saudi they would declare you a murtad and chop off your neck. This is the utter ignorance rampant upon our ummah that has caused a great deal of bloodshed and is a cancer worst than the plague

Get away from Islam and Somali IQ sky rockets to 100 easy. If most Somali's abandoned Islam and focused on education, then we would prosper. Instead of focusing on an outdated book of "principles" that one man made, we should be teaching the next generation the importance of having a STEM educated field. Religion(Particularly Islam) is ruining Somalis.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
Is it very odd to be an apostate and appear in a show speaking luqha Arabia & also not being fully muslim or not muslim at all? very odd i think.

Anyway, i did not watch the interview, just a few seconds. If he is advocating for separation of govt and religion, well i dont disagree with that, but also religion should not be dismissed. The problem is humans are a problem. not religion. Humans interpret religion according to their whims.

Honestly, i hope Islamic Shariah law does not rule any land, because human will mis-interpret it.

I have a problem with humans and their short comings not the religion itself.

The true religion of prophet muhammad pbuh was perfect and balanced.

Followed by Khalifah Umar ibn khataab who was legendary in his secular governing style. He literally wrote a written contract for Jews to be frree to worship, that document still exists today!

You can also argue secularism is an Islam invention. (minus the moral issue such as homosexuality of course--but tolerance is a major Islamic point of view)

Today fake muslims like Isis just want to wave their testicles up in the air
How is secularism an invention of Islam? That’s false.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
There's a difference between sharci law in an Islamic court and civi law. Scholars state that the xuduud implemention of law is at the discretion of the ruler. As long as he establishes the prayer and is not a gaal no one should overthrow him. Islam is very tolerant religion and does not want to force people to do things, Islam is easy but you so called salafists make it hard. Did you know Umar bin Khattab (RA) suspended xuduud punishment for theft due to economic hardship and drought? He said NO WERE NOT CUTTING HANDS, people are stealing cause they are poor, suspend it! This is ijtihaad and the aqli to use it.

People were hungry and he made that his jurisdiction but if you were to say that terror groups today funded by Saudi they would declare you a murtad and chop off your neck. This is the utter ignorance rampant upon our ummah that has caused a great deal of bloodshed and is a cancer worst than the plague
May Allah(Subhana wa Ta’ala) guide and me. Salafiyyah is the right path.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
Get away from Islam and Somali IQ sky rockets to 100 easy. If most Somali's abandoned Islam and focused on education, then we would prosper. Instead of focusing on an outdated book of "principles" that one man made, we should be teaching the next generation the importance of having a STEM educated field. Religion(Particularly Islam) is ruining Somalis.
This wrong. The Ummah will only prosper when are upon the same as the three early generations of muslims were upon.

TekNiKo

VIP
May Allah(Subhana wa Ta’ala) guide and me. Salafiyyah is the right path.
You hijacked the real Salaf the as7aaba and portrayed this religion as merciless and bloodthirsty. you support isqarxis and other insane acts. You sully the name Salaf stop using it.

This wrong. The Ummah will only prosper when are upon the same as the three early generations of muslims were upon.
No. Those are just baseless writings written by one man. Education should always be first especially towards integrating in the west.

Focusing on god(an eternal being regardless if he's Jesus Allah or anyone else) and being a good person and treating everyone equally should be the new religion that everyone should follow, not outdated backwards principles. Being tolerate towards others regardless of who they are is how we should move forward.

I vote for a secular prosperous Somalia , where ignorance and illiteracy are confronted .

I heavily disagree that people would regard him as the Salman Rushdie of Somalia , there's not a single evidence of him badmouthing the religion itself.
Somalis must acknowledge that state and religion intertwined together can stir up disastrous recipe.
The irony though , it's always the usual salafists that want to see him dead and indoctrinate millions of followers to view him as an apostate despite he hasn't stated anything that can prove his infidelity .
It's all stupid talk and badmouthing intellectuals that are ambitiously motivated to change the backwards perspectives of Somalis

Siad barre was no angel but had similar ideals and plans to separate religion from the state , but was met with fierce resistance.

We are stubborn and reluctant we do not even realise we have the same mentality as Al Shabaab always dismiss the posivites as we grew up in a world to believe we are righteous devout muslims therefore man made law is intolerable.

I recently noticed some SSPOTers dwelling in the west are in favour of Sharia Law and not laws of their host nations.
They have a preference that sharia should exist in Somalia but they wouldn't set a foot there,
Meanwhile if you conduct an interview in rural villages , towns and baadiyo the people prefer state law due to those territories recently liberated from terrorists.
Blasphemy is a blatant tool a weapon used to project angst and fear into the people like this scholar deemed as apostate

The hypocrisy is real with these morons. There's a reason why we are seen as "68 low IQ" individuals and it's because of these tribal overly religious idiots.

What an intelligent man!!! If only Somalis were led by people like him, we wouldn't be in this quagmire today. The irony is that this academic is a graduate of Umm Al-Qura University in Saudi Arabia and is advocating for a secular Somalia.

This Somali intellectual wrote a book called, “The Rule of Apostasy In Islam: Is it True?” and all the crazy Somali Salafi Sheikhs called him an apostate including one Sheikh who called the TFG of Abdulahi Yusuf an apostate regime and later visited his cousin Abdi Ileey in Ethiopia and praised his rule.

Book on apostasy in Islam earns writer the moniker ‘Somalia’s Salman Rushdie’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...c3eda0-66b1-11e4-ab86-46000e1d0035_story.html

Read his arguments and do you consider him an apostate?

I plan on purchasing his books. What an intelligent man. We need more Somali men like him as role models

Trending

Latest posts