The Rendille

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to ask this question: why does the Somali word for I/me (aniga) and the Hebrew word for I ( אני: ani) sound so similar? Is it a mere concidence or has contact with Hebrew-speaking tribes altered our language?

@Samaalic Era Asking you, since you seem pretty educated on historical topics.
Hebrew is a semetic language like arabic, Aramaic and others.

All these languages branched off from the afroasiatic languages aka their language is based on cushtic languages.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
It's an Afro-Asiatic cognate, you'll find similarities in Arabic, berber languages for that word. Not a loan-word from Somali to Hebrew or vice-versa.

The word "Bahal" is also another Afro-Asiatic cognate that we share with Hebrew.

I tried looking it up---bahal doesn't seem to be in the Hebrew language. Also, the ani pronoun doesn't exist in Arabic.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
We neighbour Oromos and I've heard them speak their language, and I didn't have the same experience.

When Oromos speak, I don't even hear many Somali words. So this doesn't have anything to do with neighbours.
actually oromos count up to ten the same as us

Reer-Bari

darood is a confederacy qabiil, much like all other qabiils.
bring your proof. i can tell you that hawiya is a tiny tribe no offence. they stole a lot of darood and non hawiya tribes for example, haawadle, sheekhaal, gaaljecel, harti abgaaal, ajuran are all not reall hawiya but apart of a hawiya conferation. i dont see the same with darood

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Just want to ask this question: why does the Somali word for I/me (aniga) and the Hebrew word for I ( אני: ani) sound so similar? Is it a mere concidence or has contact with Hebrew-speaking tribes (like the Jews in Ethiopia) altered our language?

Interraction of some sort did happen. Some scholars wonder were the use of the 7 day week and 12 month calendar came from as only Hebrews,Arabs and Somalis used it, which is an Abrahamic Tradition as well as male circumsion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somali_calendar

Theres words are either cognates like @SOMALI GENERAL said or it was Somali originally and hebrews borrowed it or vice versa.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Bring them back into the fold I say.

I seen a Rendille wedding video on here, and the ass the women had was huuuuuge.

I'd be willing to be the first geeljire to marry from them and reintroduce the diin of Allah to them. Id be called the reformer, Nuur ibn As Somali Al Ishaaqiya Al Haashimiya. I'd have a Bah called Bah Reer diinle.

:trumpsmirk:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ha la baashaalo.

If only Bantus taught the Rendiile niiko!:damn:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
bring your proof. i can tell you that hawiya is a tiny tribe no offence. they stole a lot of darood and non hawiya tribes for example, haawadle, sheekhaal, gaaljecel, harti abgaaal, ajuran are all not reall hawiya but apart of a hawiya conferation. i dont see the same with darood

Abgaal are Hawiya, they are Hiraab along with HG and Duduble and some sheekhaal. The Galbeed Sheekhaal dont claim Hawiya

Reer-Bari

Abgaal are Hawiya, they are Hiraab along with HG and Duduble and some sheekhaal. The Galbeed Sheekhaal dont claim Hawiya
i said harti abgaal not abgaal. have you ever heard of warsangeli abgaal and issa abgaal. sheihk sharif the ex president was harti-abgaal

Just want to ask this question: why does the Somali word for I/me (aniga) and the Hebrew word for I ( אני: ani) sound so similar? Is it a mere concidence or has contact with Hebrew-speaking tribes (like the Jews in Ethiopia) altered our language?

Not just that. The Hebrew god of Israel is YHWH, pronounced 'Yahweh'. It comes from the Hebrew phrase אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה, ’ehyeh ’ăšer ’ehyeh which means "I am what I am". This is a cognate of the Somali "ahay waxaan ahay".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending