The Rendille

Status
Not open for further replies.
:gucciwhat:

They are speaking Somali. Is this what we sounded like before we imported ugly Arabic words?:susp:

I understood a lot of what the girl was saying.

I know they have probably mixed with others but they look very somali still.

We should give Kenya the Madows in the south and resettle these guys there. They can keep their pagan religion if they want.:manny:

I think before Islam, this was us.

Apollo

VIP
They are laangaab. Only a few 10,000s.

Also, they are not culturally like Somalis before Islam. They adopted Nilotic culture from the Samburu. This is a different cultural tradition.

Kenya is their homeland.. people forget that Kenya was Cushitic before Bantu.

They are laangaab. Only a few 10,000s.

Also, they are not culturally like Somalis before Islam. They adopted Nilotic culture from the Samburu. This is a different cultural tradition.

Kenya is their homeland.. people forget that Kenya was Cushitic before Bantu.

50k? That is it? Damn. What happened to them? I am guessing they were bigger than that?

We can somalize them. We will keep them in one region and tell them to reproduce.

How much admixture do they have from non cushtic peo?

Apollo

VIP
50k? That is it? Damn. What happened to them? I am guessing they were bigger than that?

We can somalize them. We will keep them in one region and tell them to reproduce.

Nah, keep them in Kenya. We already have enough Somalis, no need to Somalize foreigners. The main issue is not population size.

How much admixture do they have from non cushtic peo?

Their admixture is mostly Nilotic and Omotic. It's somewhere in the low double digits 10-20%. They don't have much if any Bantu admixture. Also, depends on the subpopulation of Rendille. There is a low-caste among them called the Ariaal who are more Nilotic than most Rendille.

Nah, keep them in Kenya. We already have enough Somalis, no need to Somalize foreigners. The main issue not population size.

Their admixture is mostly Nilotic and Omotic. It's somewhere in the low double digits 10-20%. They don't have much if any Bantu admixture. Also, depends on the subpopulation of Rendille. There is a low-caste among them called the Ariaal who are more Nilotic than most Rendille.

Population is an issue. We are laangaab.

Ok explain this to me.

Why does their language mirror ours?:hmm:

Did they use to live inside Somalia and it not wassup with the language similarity?

I like these things that the Masaai and Rendille wear. Very nice and colorful.

uD1ZfFN.jpg

KIATN.jpg

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Population is an issue. We are laangaab.

Ok explain this to me.

Why does their language mirror ours?:hmm:

Did they use to live inside Somalia and it not wassup with the language similarity?
I heard the Rendile are descendants of Maqare Samaale and apostated in the 1100s. We should integrate them into Somali society

Apollo

VIP
I heard the Rendile are descendants of Maqare Samaale and apostated in the middle 1100s. We should integrate them into Somali society

They never converted to Islam.

Also, not all of them carry the most common Somali paternal lineage. Some of them have Omotic or non-Somali Ethiopian Cushitic paternal lineages.

They are mostly a mixture of proto-Somalis (not to be confused with actual Somalis), South Ethiopian Cushites, Omotics, and Nilotes. They aren't of full proto-Somali origin.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
They never converted to Islam.

Also, not all of them carry the most common Somali paternal lineage. Some of them have Omotic or non-Somali Ethiopian Cushitic paternal lineages.

They are mostly a mixture of proto-Somalis (not to be confused with actual Somalis), South Ethiopian Cushites, Omotics, and Nilotes. They aren't of full proto-Somali origin.

They definitely have mixed with the locals. The strange thing is that many Somali clans call them Reer Diinle and say they are Somalis:cosbyhmm:

You're basically proposing we kick out one Madow group & import a different one.

How about we just keep them in kenya where they belong instead of trying to fake a connection with a people that we have nothing to do with.

I saw a video on BBC Africa once of a group of people in Kenya that looked like Somalis dancing and singing in praise of their cows. I’m guessing it was them? Are they muslim?

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
You're basically proposing we kick out one Madow group & import a different one.

How about we just keep them in kenya where they belong instead of trying to fake a connection with a people that we have nothing to do with.

The thing is, there is a abtirsi for them and many Somali elders who know them and say that at one point, they were Somali. There is one Somali scholar who even points at the place were they apostated

Apollo

VIP

They are not Bantu. They are mostly of Cushitic origin with minor Omotic & Nilotic admixture.

And you have a lot in common with them. Genetically, the average Somali is closer to them than to any Arab population.*

Caveat: this does not make them the same as Somalis though.

The thing is, there is a abtirsi for them and many Somali elders who know them and say that at one point, they were Somali. There is one Somali scholar who even points at the place were they apostated
It's a myth sxb. They never converted to Islam.

They've always been a separate ethnic group with their own unique language that developed separately from other Cushitic languages. Plus, they've been heavily Nilotised and mixed with nilote Madows.

Apollo

VIP
I saw a video on BBC Africa once of a group of people in Kenya that looked like Somalis dancing and singing in praise of their cows. I’m guessing it was them? Are they muslim?

Kenya and North Tanzania was Cushitic (like Somalis) for thousands of years before turning Nilotic and Bantu.

Most Kenyans, even the Nilotic and Bantu ones, have some level of admixture from the native Kenyans who were Cushitic.

See the following:

news article: https://phys.org/news/2017-09-ancient-human-dna-sub-saharan-africa.html

study: http://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(17)31008-5

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
It's a myth sxb. They never converted to Islam.

They've always been a separate ethnic group with their own unique language that developed separately from other Cushitic languages. Plus, they've been heavily Nilotised and mixed with nilote Madows.

They have mixed heavily no doubt, but at one point they were regular Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.