The Rendille

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not Bantu. They are mostly of Cushitic origin with minor Omotic & Nilotic admixture.

And you have a lot in common with them. Genetically, the average Somali is closer to them than to any Arab population.*

Caveat: this does not make them the same as Somalis though.
Dont you mean to say 'we' have alot on common?:farmajoyaab:

@Ferrari

Yo I'm shocked, I listened and heard 2 specific words that are definitely Somali.

1. inan = boy (This is used more by Waqooyi Somalis instead of wiil).

2. Noqo = return.
I heard many words including, warso(ask), noqo, maleh etc.
here's some of the ones I caught.

Dhiso=guur/aroos
0:21-0:23 she says halagu dhiso baa la'i dhahay, dhiso being marriage aka guur. Like if I say gabadh halguu dhiso

0:25 she says ana diide as in waan diiday

0:26 school rabne

0:40 habartay my hooyo or my mom, habartay is used in the south.

0:43 gargaaran(gargaar) support, he parents support her

0:58 maantaas

1:05 ha ia qabanina don't hold me

1:21 halugu dhiso baa la'i dhahay

1:26 lama meaning two, labo. lama is raxanwayn dialect.

1:29 angagan, dry

1:54 qaade maleh=midaan qaaday malaha, she was told to choose a stick.

2:48 ciyaal

3:02 aniga

3:04 micno maleh, it has no value

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Bro at 1:38:26 - I swear he said "Dad baan soo qabanay" and points at the captured man.

At 1:38:34 - i heard the word "Maanta"

At 1:39:00 - I heard "inta yimi"

At 1:39:54 - I heard the words "wixii" and "Badhan".

I'm shocked at all these Somali words they use in their language.

:gucciwhat::dwill::damnmusic:
why are you shocked. we are neighbors we borrow words from each other. bro its like saying somalis are italian because they say fargeto(fork) qaato(spoon) Gelato(ice cream)

why are you shocked. we are neighbors we borrow words from each other. bro its like saying somalis are italian because they say fargeto(fork) qaato(spoon) Gelato(ice cream)

We neighbour Oromos and I've heard them speak their language, and I didn't have the same experience.

When Oromos speak, I don't even hear many Somali words. So this doesn't have anything to do with neighbours.

We neighbour Oromos and I've heard them speak their language, and I didn't have the same experience.

When Oromos speak, I don't even hear many Somali words.
Oromos and us might have the same ancestors, but these rendille people are probably somali before they drifted away.

If they were proto somalis, their language wouldnt be this similar. I'd say, they might have been outcasted or something.

Oromos and us might have the same ancestors, but these rendille people are probably somali before they drifted away.

If they were proto somalis, their language wouldnt be this similar. I'd say, they might have been outcasted or something.

Bring them back into the fold I say.

I seen a Rendille wedding video on here, and the ass the women had was huuuuuge.

I'd be willing to be the first geeljire to marry from them and reintroduce the diin of Allah to them. Id be called the reformer, Nuur ibn As Somali Al Ishaaqiya Al Haashimiya. I'd have a Bah called Bah Reer diinle.

:trumpsmirk:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ha la baashaalo.

Last edited:
Bring them back into the fold I say.

I seen a Rendille wedding video on here, and the ass the women had was huuuuuge.

I'd be willing to be the first geeljire to marry from them and reintroduce the diin of Allah to them. Id be called the reformer, Nuur ibn As Somali Al Ishaaqiya Al Haashimiya. I'd have a Bah called Bah Reer diinle.

:trumpsmirk:

Watch from 03:07 onwards. Their women even look Somali, I would have no guilt in marrying them and thinking I'm commuting Cushitic genocide.

Ha la baashaalo.

for a fat ass, I'll marry jin.:gucciwhat::manny::heh:

sxb now that I think of it, maybe they are called reer diin la'a, as in reer no diin?:hmm:

maybe we ostracized them after they've refused to convert?:jaynerd: @Apollo @Nilotufian what ya'll think about this theory?

All I could hear was waaq this waaq that there.

for a fat ass, I'll marry jin.:gucciwhat::manny::heh:

For a fat ass, them big soft ones that I could Ku saaxo on and use as a pillow, I wouldn't even entertain secessionism (I don't now, but you know stereotypes, Isaaq = secessionist :zhqjlmx:)

Secessionism, what's that!?!!!

Soulja-Boy-The-Breakfast-Club-2019.jpg

For a fat ass, them big soft ones that I could Ku saaxo on and use as a pillow, I wouldn't even entertain secessionism (I don't now, but you know stereotypes, Isaaq = secessionist :zhqjlmx:)

Secessionism, what's that!?!!!

View attachment 66272
:drakelaugh:
Luckily for you, every xaliimo has a fat ass.

Just make sure to marry 4 sxb, enjoy xalaal seal.

But while we are on the subject, maybe we need to import young gashaantis to bribe the most adamant secessionists like biixi, waraabe and others.

:drakelaugh:
Luckily for you, every xaliimo has a fat ass.

Just make sure to marry 4 sxb, enjoy xalaal seal.

But while we are on the subject, maybe we need to import young gashaantis to bribe the most adamant secessionists like biixi, waraabe and others.

You niggas are 30 years too late. Should've been throwing siil at these niggas in 91.

"Hoo walaal, Naga raali noqo, mar labaad ma dhici doonte" *Throws all types of women at these niggas*.

:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:

They say siil rules the world loooool, have you seen how MJs on here ain't big fans of Faroole because of his Isaaq wife, and how he didn't go hard on SL and lost land to SL because they believed he was hypnotized by siil.
:pachah1:the shits a pantomine.

:russ:

Is Madoobe married to a mareexaan?
:gaasdrink::farmajoyaab:

You niggas are 30 years too late. Should've been throwing siil at these niggas in 91.

"Hoo walaal, Naga raali noqo, mar labaad ma dhici doonte" *Throws all types of women at these niggas*.

:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:

They say siil rules the world loooool, have you seen how MJs on here ain't big fans of Faroole because of his Isaaq wife, and how he didn't go hard on SL and lost land to SL because they believed he was hypnotized by siil.
:pachah1:the shits a pantomine.

:russ:

Is Madoobe married to a mareexaan?
:gaasdrink::farmajoyaab:

seal rules sxb. when you taste sweet malab, politics and war will take a backseat. :camby:

who wants to die when you can be devouring a young xaliimo every night?:childplease:

no, madoobe is married to women from his subclan.

he has a lot of boys.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
:gucciwhat:

They are speaking Somali. Is this what we sounded like before we imported ugly Arabic words?:susp:

I understood a lot of what the girl was saying.

I know they have probably mixed with others but they look very somali still.

We should give Kenya the Madows in the south and resettle these guys there. They can keep their pagan religion if they want.:manny:

I think before Islam, this was us.

They sound literally nothing Somalis. Afars definitely sound like us, but not these folks. I swear I could understand Hebrew easier than I could understand these guys :ileycry:

seal rules sxb. when you taste sweet malab, politics and war will take a backseat. :camby:

who wants to die when you can be devouring a young xaliimo every night?:childplease:

no, madoobe is married to women from his subclan.

he has a lot of boys.

I swear that's what Geeljire's used to do to strengthen clan ties between 2 different Qabiils. And would also do this to bring peace between the clans.

Your not gonna go as hard on your clan's opps if your wife's from them.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Just want to ask this question: why does the Somali word for I/me (aniga) and the Hebrew word for I ( אני: ani) sound so similar? Is it a mere concidence or has contact with Hebrew-speaking tribes (like the Jews in Ethiopia) altered our language?

@Samaalic Era Asking you, since you seem pretty educated on historical topics.

Just want to ask this question: why do the Somali word for I (aniga) and the Hebrew word for I ( אני ani) sound so similar? Is it a mere concidence or has contact with Hebrew-speaking tribes altered our language?
It's an Afro-Asiatic cognate, you'll find similarities in Arabic, berber languages for that word. Not a loan-word from Somali to Hebrew or vice-versa.

The word "Bahal" is also another Afro-Asiatic cognate that we share with Hebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending