The reason Northern Somalia is more stable than South Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
In Northern Somalia most regions only have 3-2 main clans inhabiting a single region. Were's in south Somalia regions like Lower Shabelle have up to 20 different main clans living there.

rlNWe3s.png

Bohol

VIP
Now lets compare it to south Somalia regions. Lower Shabelle for example each district has 4-6 main clans. Overall the region has over 20 clans competing.

upload_2017-6-1_3-18-52-png.19874

upload_2017-6-1_3-6-25-png.19872

Cityviews

The Prodigy
Maroodi Jeex has Gadabursi too :ulyin: I see how that was conveniently omitted.

Also Biimaal, leeysan,Tunni,Garre etc are all Dir. They attended the Dir conference in ethiopia recently. They made peace with each other.

Bohol

VIP
Maroodi Jeex has Gadabursi too :ulyin: I see how that was conveniently omitted.

Also Biimaal, leeysan,Tunni,Garre etc are all Dir. They attended the Dir conference in ethiopia recently. They made peace with each other.

It does but they are not a main clan there. Tunni being Dir? I am not sure about that. They are a cadcad mixed community who are part of Digil.

That is a big factor, but i think it is not only that. Besides the quantity the differences of the tribes could play a big role. The Clans in Somaliland have a very similar culture, whereas in the south the clans differ in language, culture and many other things. I can't imagine how Hawiye, Biimal, Madow and Sheekal all get along with each other, without a strong government.

Why doesn't it say Habar Awal in Hargeysa and Berbera. Saaxil isnt a gobol. It seems like some child made this shit. Either go in depth with the qabils or be general

Bohol

VIP
Why doesn't it say Habar Awal in Hargeysa and Berbera. Saaxil isnt a gobol. It seems like some child made this shit. Either go in depth with the qabils or be general

Sahil is a recognized region in Somaliland region that is why western agencies always cite Sahil. I agree though it should be only the 5 former regions.

Sahil is a recognized region in Somaliland region that is why. I agree though it should be only the 5 former regions.
If that is the case then also include Haylaan and Cayn???
My point was actually with going in depth with Habar Awal tribes. Or is habar awal only Ciise and Sacad only

Bohol

VIP
If that is the case then also include Haylaan and Cayn???
My point was actually with going in depth with Habar Awal tribes. Or is habar awal only Ciise and Sacad only

All those new regions were never approved in parliament that is why. Yes HA is only Sacad & Cisse for the most part. The rest don't make up 1%.

Sure bro :lolbron:

Don't they have the Gabiley District?:lolbron:

I hope they make a clan based census in the next few years with international observers, because it is the only way that people stop claiming land (im not referring to you saaxib, but every Northern tribe does that). Some people will never take part in FKD again.

Personally i think many will be disappointed, but i am not of them though
:mybusiness:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Sure bro :lolbron:

Don't they have the Gabiley District?:lolbron:

Gabiley district is Jibril Abokor stronghold and everybody knows this. Habar Awal live in Awdal too and they are found in Baki district and Lughaya district but you don't see them claiming the whole districts for themselves.

Also, Tunni and Leeysan are Rahanweyn. Only a sub-clan of Garre (Quranyow) have Dir origins.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Now lets compare it to south Somalia regions. Lower Shabelle for example each district has 4-6 main clans. Overall the region has over 20 clans competing.

By the Somali clan method: the Madow themselves belong to like 40 different clans. They were slaves captured from different regions of Africa and therefore won't all have the same forefather.

Also, Benadiris are not a true clan. They consist of numerous unlinked South-Central Asian paternal lines.

The Sheikhal are also a confederacy of ~5 different unlinked clans.

Now I get why they were all dumped into 0.5.. too confusing to figure out where the hell they came from.

Bohol

VIP
Since the secessionists love talking about referendums. This is how it might pan out.

Sanaag - Unionist due to the HY and Warsangeli majority

Togdheer - Unionist due to the HY majority and the large Dhulo population of Buhoodle district

Sool - Unionist due to the Dhulo majority

Awdal - Unionist due to the Gadabursi majority

Waqooyi galbeed - is the only region that might return secessionist majority votes. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending