Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:
"The lifespan for my Ummah is from sixty years to seventy [years]."
Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2331
This argument of lifespan is only used for non-muslims since they donot have any morality except with their own logic
Islamically if scholars come to the decision that its ok then since they have more knowledge than us we should believe them and affirm what they say.
The money system has changed, and so has other stuff, but they are not completely new concepts,
Also women are not new concepts, women have stayed relatively the same, therefore the ruling would be the same

Tanner stage 5 for girls is what? 15 years old?

In this day and age, a girl hasn't even completed school at the age of 15. I assume that's why Saudi Arabia changed the age to 18 years old, because they want to make sure girls are educated and can at least be of an age to be a decent mother to their children with some life experience and at least a high school diploma.
U dont need to have secular education to be a good mother

Agreed, we are a product of our environment. I think most people would be horrified at the thought of their child being married off, even in Somalia. I also think that some Muslims are overly concerned with copying the prophet to the point of not even making sense, that's why I want to see islamic literature on the age of consent to marriage. In Yemen, Adult men even marry 8 year olds.

Forget the fact that for example, a 12 year old girl, still looks and thinks like a child, there is also the fact that big age differences cause massive power imbalance and also that these girls are likely to be widowed early or even become the caretaker of their much older husbands. If Islam stipulates 'mental maturity', how can a child be mentally mature, especially in this day and age?

I saw a Somali couple married when they were both 14, I think it was Somaliland. I didn't even care that much because it's like those young Western boyfriend/girlfriend couples but it was Halal. Personally my issue with it is seeing an Adult man with a child.
The problem is what u "think" isnt wat constitutes as the truth

What kind of education does a little girl have? Let's say 12?

Are you attracted to young girls?
Ur literally saying that the sahaba were wrong to get married at that age
And btw most of them died in their 60s
Y r u bringing me into this, this is an islamic conversatio not a "what do u think"

Ur literally saying that the sahaba were wrong to get married at that age
And btw most of them died in their 60s
Y r u bringing me into this, this is an islamic conversatio not a "what do u think"

I have said on multiple posts that 1400+ years ago cannot be compared to modern times.
I am just wondering why you fail to understand nuance and seem insistent on little girls being eligible for marriage without even mentioning their feelings, needs and rights.

Again, I ask you, are you or are you not attracted to little girls?

Hello @Pwyneth Galtrow, In Islamic law, there isn’t any minimum age of marriage and marriage at any age is permissible and I don’t think there’s any minimum age of most religions. However, we need to distinguish between a mere marriage contract and consummation of the marriage. As for the age of 15 then that’s the maximum age of Adulthood, not the minimum. Islamic law has a different definition of puberty to how biology defines it. For example, if a girl hasn’t menstruated, grew pubic hair or emit any sexual fluid then by age 15 she’s automatically considered to be an Adult.

A simple marriage contract is similar to a betrothal (an arrangement) and it can happen at any age, even if they are babies in the cradle but consummation of the marriage cannot happen until the girl is physically fit and ready for penetration without it causing her any harm. She has to be tall, big and physically developed enough to safely have intercourse and the possibility of harm shouldn’t exist.

One of the key general principles in Islam is that God does not burden people with laws and actions that are beyond their inherent capabilities (cause them harm) or that are exceedingly difficult to their nature,

β€œAllah does not charge a soul except within its capacity...O our Lord, and do not burden us with what we have no power (over).” (Quran, 2:286)

- Ubadah ibn al-Samit رآي Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ ΨΉΩ†Ω‡ reported: The Messenger of Allah ο·Ί issued a decree, β€œDo not cause harm or return harm.” (Sunan Ibn MaΜ„jah 2340)

- Abu Sa’id al-Khudri رآي Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ ΨΉΩ†Ω‡ reported: The Messenger of Allah ο·Ί said, β€œDo not cause harm or return harm. Whoever harms others, Allah will harm him. Whoever is harsh with others, Allah will be harsh with him.” (al-Sunan al-Kubrá 11070)

So Islamic law follows the basic harm principle which is rationally agreeable, and based on this principle harm shouldn’t exist. So if consummation is physically or psychologically harmful then she would not be permitted to consummate her marriage. If consummation isn’t harmful and her body is physically fit for intercourse then it would be permitted.

- Ibn Battal Ψ±ΩŽΨ­ΩΩ…ΩŽΩ‡Ω Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ writes:

β€œThe scholars agreed that it is permissible for fathers to marry off their young daughters even if they are in the cradle, except it is not permissible for their husbands to consummate the marriage with them until they are prepared to safely have intercourse.”

Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari 7/172

As Ibn Battal Ψ±ΩŽΨ­ΩΩ…ΩŽΩ‡Ω Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ stated here, it’s permissible for a father to contract marriages for their minor daughters, even if they are little babies in a cradle, but consummation can only occur once they grow up & they’re physically mature & able enough to have sexual intercourse without harm.

- Imam Nawawi Ψ±ΩŽΨ­ΩΩ…ΩŽΩ‡Ω Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ narrated this is the view of the three Imams of Fiqh; i.e. Abu Hanifah, Shafi’i, and Malik:

β€œMalik, Shafi’i and Abu Hanifah said: The is measured by her capability of the sexual relationship and it varies from individual to individual and it is not limited to a certain age.”

Sharh Sahih Muslim, Vol. 9, p. 206

- In a collective work of contemporary jurist committee, scholars argue if the bride is not capable of sexual relations, the marriage can’t be consummated regardless of her age:

β€œIf she is skinny and feeble, not capable of sexual relation and she may be medically harmed (by doing so), the husband is not permitted to consummate the marriage, even if she is old.”

Al-Fatawa al-Hindiyah, Vol. 1, p. 287

The scholars are unanimously agreed that one who isn’t capable and physically mature enough for intercourse should not be having sex, as it would certainly harm them.

Imam Nawawi Ψ±ΩŽΨ­ΩΩ…ΩŽΩ‡Ω Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ writes:

β€œKnow that Al-Shafi’i Ψ±ΩŽΨ­ΩΩ…ΩŽΩ‡Ω Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ and his companions encouraged a father or grandfather not to marry off a virgin girl until she reaches maturity and he obtains her consent, that she may not be trapped with a husband she dislikes.”

Sharh al-Nawawi β€˜ala Sahih Muslim 1422

The scholars have agreed that contracting marriages on behalf of minors is only permissible in the case that it is within their best interests, otherwise it’s better if the minor reaches puberty (the Islamic definition of puberty) and consents to
marriage. In normal cases, minor marriages are discouraged and only allowed with the condition that it certainly serves her best interests (marrying her into the royal family to create political ties etc), and consummation can only occur when she’s physically able for it. Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks for sharing Tamir.

I thought Islam gave girls and women the right to choose or decline a marriage? Thus, how can a father give away his daughter when she is a baby, doesn't that mean she cannot give consent and therefore this 'marriage' is not compliant with shariah law?

Ibn Battal said fathers can betroth their baby daughters but Imam Nawawi and Shafici are not in agreement here?

Again, I ask you, are you or are you not attracted to little girls?
This conversation hasnt got anything to do with me, its got to do with the facts.
Uno how many ppl got married as children in the past.
Ur literally calling a majority of ppl in the past pedofiles who abused children.
The average lifespan doesnt change the issue of a womans maturity to be married

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Exactly.
So how would u decide what the age is consent is
Its all conjecture
This is why u go back to Islam
And u realise that its when they hit puberty
the problem as Ive stated is that the familys of the girls donot care about them or their wellbeing nor do their husbands, plus a lack of healthcare etc, and u get a recipe for disaster
young age is just a scapegoat for other issues with society
If it really was an issue then Allah would have set a limit on the age, but as we can see loads of sahaba and ppl of the past got married very young

Shit was waaaaaaay different back then. How people moved and thought then is not the same as today.

Just because a girl can bleed and can take dick at a young age, don't mean that we should marry and smash them.
Save them little girls to your little cousins.
It's weird as hell to even entertain this idea.

Stick to your generation is all I'm saying

Shit was waaaaaaay different back then. How people moved and thought then is not the same as today.

Just because a girl can bleed and can take dick at a young age, don't mean that we should marry and smash them.

I don't get it walahi, why would a grown man in this day and age, marry a 12 year old girl when he can marry an 18 year old who is more mature physically, mentally and emotionally and has acquired at least a high school diploma and is of the right mind to consent or decline a proposal?

That doesnt change anything
The implication here is that anyone attracted to young girls is a pedofile
But u would have to then accuse a majority of Muslims in the past of pedofilia and abuse

I don't get it walahi, why would a grown man in this day and age, marry a 12 year old girl when he can marry an 18 year old who is more mature physically, mentally and emotionally and has acquired at least a high school diploma and is of the right mind to consent or decline a proposal?
Its allowedin islam wats the probelm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending