The origin of the name Somali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawiye is the grandson of Samaale and Somalia is derived from Samaale the same way Israel is derived from Israa'il. Also Ahmed Gurey was Karanle Hawiye and they still live in the Galbeed region
No way he was karanle.
Karanle is a small brother of muursade.
Ahmed Gurey was Darood.

I think "Somali" was originally not a tribal name but an early word for of "Geeljire", and only rural pastoral tribes were called Somali, urban Somali clans are not referred to as such historically as that was not their occupation. Later on it took on a more general meaning.

I think "Somali" was originally not a tribal name but an early word for of "Geeljire", and only rural pastoral tribes were called Somali, urban Somali clans are not referred to as such historically as that was not their occupation. Later on it took on a more general meaning.

I also think "Somali" ("Samaale") is is an occupational name and I agree with your main point, but I think it is older than "geeljire". "Sac maal" meams to milk a cow, and cow milking long preceded camel milking. Look at Laas Geel.

Apollo

VIP
I know the vast majority of Darods carry the native E1b1b paternal lineage.

Are the Eritrean Jebertis frauds as well?

I have never seen genetic results of Eritrean Jebertis. However, I sincerely doubt they are paternally related to Somali Darods. The whole Yemeni / al-Jabarti connection was made up wholesale recently to link up and bootyclap for the Banu Hashim.

when these religious scholars came(jeberti,,isak etc) they started an islamic school and gave the children arab names and told thm they were the muslim fathers.so everyone start the lineage right there.
DNA contradicts that arab BS and rightfully so, why dont we have J.

Apollo

VIP
when these religious scholars came(jeberti,,isak etc) they started an islamic school and gave the children arab names and told thm they were the muslim fathers.so everyone start the lineage right there.
DNA contradicts that arab BS and rightfully so, why dont we have J.

There are some Arabian tribes with E1b1b, but it's not even their variants, Darods have the exact same subclade as all other Somalis. This Banu Hashim nonsense is one giant hoax.

There are some Arabian tribes with E1b1b, but it's not even their variants, Darods have the exact same subclade as all other Somalis. This Banu Hashim nonsense is one giant hoax.

yes true somali lineage hijacked last 1500yrs. Big up cushites:nvjpqts:

If there was a Daarood he lived at least 40 generations ago, the length of the longest lineages, which places him between 1200 to 1300 years ago, or between 700 and 800 CE.

However the first Tanade Boqor is supposedly his grandson, which isn't likely in my opinion since how on earth can you have a kingdom when the entire clan population would have only been maybe a dozen people by that point.

Personally I think the clans are quite ancient, and that Daarood and the Sagaalka Samaale were all established already as clans by 700 CE, but there were no lineages yet, so the lineages started around the arrival of Islam starting with the leaders of the clans, with subject clans over time being adopted into the main branches.

The process of "lineageization" didn't happen at the same time but was slowly established so not all lineages are the same length, those that began later are shorter, not only because of lineage skipping but because of later starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts