The need to merge Islam and Somalinimo into ethnoreligious identity

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
You're asking for a group of Muslims to NOT learn about Islamic history in order to protect 'Somalinimo' as if being a Muslim impedes on it.

We've been aware the Quran has been written in Arabic over a thousand years, yet somehow you're worried that we might now drop our native language?

I need specifics because I suspect this comes down to what it always comes down to, jilbaabs and niqaabs. Political influence aside, what worrying elements of Arab influence is there on Somali culture?
The key is Tawheed. As we have that, it will suffice

Islam & Nationalism don't mix.

Somali cultural identity literally revolves around authentic Islam, you simply cannot re-write & plagarize Islam by getting rid off the important Arab figures & so on to suit your nationalist beliefs which will get you in trouble.

Plus, the Somali ethnicity is not an ethnoreligous one, you can be Somali ethnically, but not Muslim. The reason being because Islam is not an ethnic or race specific religion that was created only for the Somalis, whereas Judaism is only specifically for the Jewish/Israeli nation.

Last edited:

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Nationalism is one hell of a drug. Stay off it kids.

Memes are gateway drug to radicalizing our children, that's why I am pro Article 13.
I’m Anti Article 13. I hope Brexit can get us out of this mess.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Islam & Nationalism don't mix.

Somali cultural identity literally revolves around authentic Islam, you simply cannot re-write & plagarize Islam by getting rid off the important Arab figures & so on to suit your nationalist beliefs which will get you in trouble.

Plus, the Somali ethnicity is not an ethnoreligous one, you can be Somali ethnically, but not Muslim. The reason being because Islam is not an ethnic or race specific religion that was created only for the Somalis, whereas Judaism is only specifically for the Jewish/Israeli nation.

you are confusing islam for the pro arab salafi islam of 1920s that was created by britian for ibn saud to promote arab nationalism and oust the otttomans

somalis where allways muslim shafici and practised sufism which is more closer to islam then the salafiyah that was a creaton of wahabists
nothing wrong with islam we just need to ban the salafis from preaching in our country we also need to raise awareness of wahabism which is more of a threat then zionism itself

and reutrn to the sunnah, we are not rewriting or plagiarizing islam sahib we are merely returning to the shafici sunnah,

i hope you understand sahib

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Bruh if you propose that plan in Somalia I guarantee you it's not like this forum wallahi waaxid xaywaan will blow you up no joke lmfaoooo

I'm kinda shocked that being pro-Somali is considered a fringe opinion in a Somali forum. I'm not even suggesting we do anything unique or radical. Just going back to our Sufi roots I think would help serve as an antidote to the growing levels extremism, apostasy and Arab jaceyl.

Last edited:
I'm kinda shocked that being pro-Somali is considered a fringe opinion in a Somali forum. I'm not even suggesting we do anything unique or radical. Just going back to our Sufi roots I think would help serve as an antidote to the growing levels extremism, apostasy and Arab jaceyl.
Pro-somali equals lying about our history it's so weird that it's mostly dhaqan celis who are pro somalis while the somalis in Somalia are seen as Arab lovers quite condescending don't you think

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Pro-somali equals lying about our history it's so weird that it's mostly dhaqan celis who are pro somalis while the somalis in Somalia are seen as Arab lovers quite condescending don't you think
There are plenty of fabricated hadiths about armies walking on water, khalid drinking poison and one hadith about Arabic being language of Jannah.:damedamn:

Every nation have invented a part of their history

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
This merger will preserve Somalinimo while routing out the Arab scourge erroding our identity and language. We must even lie and alter early Islamic history and make sure that our conversion story is directly from the Prophet pbuh and not through the Sahaba. We must invent a story about the Somali language and its purity as well as establish,modify and Islamify Xeer to be Second after the Qur'an.
also we must invent Somali saints dating back to the Prophet pbuh and teach about them instead of the Caliphate as the true heirs of the Prophet and thus establish a new school of thought that is separate from Arabia and is Somali and then spread it to the world.

This is the only path left. Every nation has its own dirty secrets that must remain hidden

War sheekadan waa maxay ? Somalinimo will not lead you to jannah but abiding by what Allah has commanded you will, acknowledge your status as the Slave of Allah and humble yourself.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
War sheekadan waa maxay ? Somalinimo will not lead you to jannah but abiding by what Allah has commanded you will, acknowledge your status as the Slave of Allah and humble yourself.
You immediately assumed by following Islam, one must give up their heritage which is nothing but an Arab forgery.

Islam is the religion of our father Adam and our mother Hawa pbut. Did you know Sulayman pbuh had sculptures which Salafis claim is shirk?

Shirk is the same throughout time. Only certain laws are different due to living in different time periods.
Islam makes you strong character and a critical thinker.

Sxb, in Somalia, we claim to have Islam and the majority of the people lack the concept of rahma, loyalty and humbleness. If Islam does not make you into something respectable and a sense of duty and honor, theres something wrong.

To give up who you are because of some interpretation by some so called Arab supremacist aka Arab scholar is pathetic

Last edited:

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
You immediately assumed by following Islam, one must give up their heritage which is nothing but an Arab forgery.

Islam is the religion of our father Adam and our mother Hawa pbut. Did you know Sulayman pbuh had sculptures which Salafis claim is shirk?

Shirk is the same throughout time. Only certain laws are different due to living in different time periods.
Islam makes you strong character and a critical thinker.

Sxb, in Somalia, we claim to have Islam and the majority of the people lack the concept of rahma, loyalty and humbleness. If Islam does not make you into something respectable and a sense of duty and honor, theres something wrong.

To give up who you are because of some interpretation by some so called Arab supremacist aka Arab scholar is pathetic

I never assumed such a thing but reacted to your attempt to redefine diinta based on your limited aql. I don't even think that you realise the ramifications of your proposed "solution". It's through the efforts and actions of the sahaba that the deen was spread and passed down to us from the Prophet. How would we be able to know what the Prophet said and did without the sahaba ?

So now the sahaba were arab supremacists miya ? warya ninkan yaa naga qaabto

You are in desperate need of guidance yet somehow act like you know what's good for the entire somali population ? yaa isku mooda sxb bal noo sheeg ?

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I never assumed such a thing but reacted to your attempt to redefine diinta based on your limited aql. I don't even think that you realise the ramifications of your proposed "solution". It's through the efforts and actions of the sahaba that the deen was spread and passed down to us from the Prophet. How would we be able to know what the Prophet said and did without the sahaba ?

So now the sahaba were arab supremacists miya ? warya ninkan yaa naga qaabto

You are in desperate need of guidance yet somehow act like you know what's good for the entire somali population ? yaa isku mooda sxb bal noo sheeg ?
I am well versed in Deen,contray to what you think sxb. Tell me something ive said which is kufr and ill take it back.
Best of luck :samwelcome: