The need to merge Islam and Somalinimo into ethnoreligious identity

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Yes we do follow the teachings of shiekh yusuf ibn all kawneyn he gave us the wadad writing script

Did you know he spreaded Islam to Maldives and Sri Lanka their is even a shrine in Somalia for him

Their is a mosque built by him in Sri Lanka and

His shrine in somalia protected by the cidagala tribe
View attachment 70585

This is the mosque he built in Sri Lanka
View attachment 70586

He is a figure that should be known by all Somalis. We need to tell his story to the world

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
We take the necessities without attributing it to Arabs. Instead of saying Sahih bukhari for instance,we could attribute it to a Somali figure and we as a nation will no longer idolise foreigners but only Somali figures and be proud of our Identity.

So you think we'd somehow be better off as a people plagarizing off others and denying their influence? Why? How would we benefit from isolation? Without those authentic hadiths that a foreigner collected, we wouldn't have access to the narratives of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and his companions (RA). Also, this would make Somali culture hostile to any outside influence which would stunt our growth as a culture.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
It basically is. That's the one thing that always made me super uncomfortable about Sufism is the intense cultural influence it has over Islam; it always came across as culture>religion instead of religion>culture.
you are confusing cultural influence for the scholars who have helped spread the knowledge of islam and contributed to the teachings of the prophet the hadiths and the sunnah

the scholars who have contributed to islam even yusuf al kawnenyn are highly respected and we take the guidance offerd by the noble scholars may allah reward them

i am a sahfici sunni , sufi is a way of practising Islam it's not a branch nor a school of thought.
get that through youre head we dont deviate from the teachings of the prophet nor Islam

you're sick wahabi agenda is nothing but saudi arab nationalism not islam you are the one who combines culture with islam forcing us to fight for a nationalist invention like palestine

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
So you think we'd somehow be better off as a people plagarizing off others and denying their influence? Why? How would we benefit from isolation? Without those authentic hadiths that a foreigner collected, we wouldn't have access to the narratives of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and his companions (RA). Also, this would make Somali culture hostile to any outside influence which would stunt our growth as a culture.

How much culture do we have left as we speak sxb?
We are merely an extension of Arabs and nothing more.
We need to be an independant nation that can be beacon for the world and a nation of kings and wadaads. In order to achieve that, we must have our own school of thought that has no foreign meddling

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
What qabil would this guy belong to? :shookgabre:

On a more serious note, This how you know Somali's value Somalinimo over deen, they willing to flirt with shirk
The Wadaad is Dir if im not wrong. Im Hawiye HG and I dont care what his qabil is as long as he is Muslim and Somali

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
How much culture do we have left as we speak sxb?
We are merely an extension of Arabs and nothing more.
We need to be an independant nation that can be beacon for the world and a nation of kings and wadaads. In order to achieve that, we must have our own school thought that has no foreign meddling
thats the damage done by salafi kuffars but we still have a chance to save islam and our people we need to ban the salafiyah and send any salafi clerics in somalia

we will only allow sunnni shafici scholars, this way we eliminate the arab filth and anationalism that came with salafism the fake arab filth

you are on the right track sahib but the root cause of the collapse of islam and our people is this british wahabi invention salafiyah bullshit

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
you are confusing cultural influence for the scholars who have helped spread the knowledge of islam and contributed to the teachings of the prophet the hadiths and the sunnah

the scholars who have contributed to islam even yusuf al kawnenyn are highly respected and we take the guidance offerd by the noble scholars may allah reward them

i am a sahfici sunni , sufi is a way of practising Islam it's not a branch nor a school of thought.
get that through youre head we dont deviate from the teachings of the prophet nor Islam

you're sick wahabi agenda is nothing but saudi arab nationalism not islam you are the one who combines culture with islam forcing us to fight for a nationalist invention like palestine

I'm of the mindset that Islam should be your culture, saaxiib; I detest the idea of conflating any human culture with my diin. The only reason I'd describe myself as a Pan-Arabist personally is because I'm also a Pan-Islamist and in order for the Muslim world to eventually unite like it's destined to be, the Arab world must first unite. Also, I'm not entirely sure what "Sahfici" is but looking it up, the only results that come up is Shafi'i, which is in fact a school of Islamic law.

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again
The problem is simple, all you have to do is look at any converts actions, when they convert all of a sudden they forget there indigenous culture and they are now officially Arab. The only thing they keep is there indigenous language since you can’t get rid of that.

Instead of following the Quran and holding it as the principle over everything, Most people hold the Hadith and what the Sahaba and or what the imams say and do over the Quran. If you don’t believe me look at the Muslim world and somalia, If our people back home we’re really following what God has said then would we be in the situation we are in now? Wars, rape, corruption? Sounds like we lost our way, and Allah has said in the Quran that he doesn’t change the condition of a people until they change what’s in there hearts.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
thats the damage done by salafi kuffars but we still have a chance to save islam and our people we need to ban the salafiyah and send any salafi clerics in somalia

we will only allow sunnni shafici scholars, this way we eliminate the arab filth and anationalism that came with salafism the fake arab filth

you are on the right track sahib but the root cause of the collapse of islam and our people is this british wahabi invention salafiyah bullshit

Whats shocking is the speed of its spread. These Salafis use deen either for Arabism or in the West, to pursue their lust .Time is not on our side.

It basically is. That's the one thing that always made me super uncomfortable about Sufism is the intense cultural influence it has over Islam; it always came across as culture>religion instead of religion>culture.

Somali muslims should thank sufism imo because I don't think islam would have attracted many followers in Somalia if it didn't exist harmoniously within the cultural context. It would've been seen an un-relatable foreign ideology rooted in an Arabian context and discarded for something that made a bit more practical sense in Somalia.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
The problem is simple, all you have to do is look at any converts actions, when they convert all of a sudden they forget there indigenous culture and they are now officially Arab. The only thing they keep is there indigenous language since you can’t get rid of that.

Instead of following the Quran and holding it as the principle over everything, Most people hold the Hadith and what the Sahaba and or what the imams say and do over the Quran. If you don’t believe me look at the Muslim world and somalia, If our people back home we’re really following what God has said then would we be in the situation we are in now? Wars, rape, corruption? Sounds like we lost our way, and Allah has said in the Quran that he doesn’t change the condition of a people until they change what’s in there hearts.

Thats exactly the problem sxb. We have so many Xafids but theres no sanctity for blood,wealth and honor of a Muslim. Rapists and other criminals are bailed out by their clans and "scholars" are silent about it

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
I'm of the mindset that Islam should be your culture, saaxiib; I detest the idea of conflating any human culture with my diin. The only reason I'd describe myself as a Pan-Arabist personally is because I'm also a Pan-Islamist and in order for the Muslim world to eventually unite like it's destined to be, the Arab world must first unite. Also, I'm not entirely sure what "Sahfici" is but looking it up, the only results that come up is Shafi'i, which is in fact a school of Islamic law.
you are a naive little kid you call yourself a pan arab then talk hopelessly about uniting the ummah

:siilaanyolaugh:you salalfis are retarded idiots somaha

let me tell you something you brainwashed patient we where united under the ottoman khilafa untill arab nationalist wahabis supported by Britain destroyed it
and helped the zionists take palestine that you so much despise and aid in the colonialist european division and oppression of muslims

you are completly unaware of youre ignorance and false salafist beliefs that you cant comprehend
that
you are supporting the very thing that destroyed and divided the ummah in the first place,

If your national identity is so fragile and loose that you feel like you need to fabricate and lie about Islamic history, isn't it time to call it quits?

I've noticed that a lot of Somalis, guys in particular see Islam as merely a means to achieve an end. We don't preach conservatism out of piety, but to selectively enforce culture.

This is just the other side of the ulra liberal xalimo Muslim coin

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
If your national identity is so fragile and loose that you feel like you need to fabricate and lie about Islamic history, isn't it time to call it quits?

I've noticed that a lot of Somalis, guys in particular see Islam as merely a means to achieve an end. We don't preach conservatism out of piety, but to selectively enforce culture.

No, Islam as revealed by Allah swt, does not assimilate people to become Arabs. Current Somalis, through teaching Arab history and total neglect of their own history, are obsessed with a satanic people aka Arabs.

We are Muslims and Somalis and we must ensure we preserve both at any cost

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
you are a naive little kid you call yourself a pan arab then talk hopelessly about uniting the ummah

:siilaanyolaugh:you salalfis are retarded idiots somaha

let me tell you something you brainwashed patient we where united under the ottoman khilafa untill arab nationalist wahabis supported by Britain destroyed it
and helped the zionists take palestine that you so much despise and aid in the colonialist european division and oppression of muslims

you are completly unaware of youre ignorance and false salafist beliefs that you cant comprehend
that
you are supporting the very thing that destroyed and divided the ummah in the first place,

Pan-Arabism originally started as secularist movement amongst the Arabic-speaking people, I'm not denying that, but inshallah as the Arabs tune in more with their Islamic roots, they will unite and we as an ummah will eventually follow in line and unite and inshallah we can take over the world and the whole world will inshallah become Muslim :fittytousand: This is my humble dream as a Muslim, brother. I believe we can one day accomplish this as Christianity dies down internationally and Islam rises in return, but it will struggle to gain momentum if every man values his own culture over his religion.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP

you misunderstood him he means to get rid of the salafi kuffar virus infecting us
and return to the sunnah

also we need to bring back the noble teachings of the somali muslim scholars may allah have mercy on them or the teachings of the imam shafici

thats what he means somali contribution to the sunnah, and that is support islam itself is not changed sahib astagfirullah

Pan-Arabism originally started as secularist movement amongst the Arabic-speaking people, I'm not denying that, but inshallah as the Arabs tune in more with their Islamic roots, they will unite and we as an ummah will eventually follow in line and unite and inshallah we can take over the world and the whole world will inshallah become Muslim :fittytousand: This is my humble dream as a Muslim, brother. I believe we can one day accomplish this as Christianity dies down internationally and Islam rises in return, but it will struggle to gain momentum if every man values his own culture over his religion.

Why don't you promote Pan-Arabism to Arab people. Somalis aren't Arab so what use do we have for it?

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Why don't you promote Pan-Arabism to Arab people. Somalis aren't Arab so what use do we have for it?

I do encourage Pan-Arabism amongst Arabs as it's the essentially the stepping stone nto Pan-Islamism. I also promote Pan-Islamism, regardless of ethnic or cultural background. Somalis are Muslim, therefore we are obliged to unite with our Muslim brothers under Pan-Islamism.

Trending

Latest posts