The impending ethiopian collapse?

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
originally somali land, that was forcefully taken by oromos.

There is nothing disputed about the territory. A quarter of the Oromo region is rightfully Somalis. :kanyeshrug:you get my drift. Oromos can never unite. They never cared for a greater cause. An Oromo christian won't for an Oromo muslim.

I'm not talking about disputed territories in Oromo region, I'm talking about the disputed territories that still reside in the Somali region. We are not regaining land, expect to lose more land.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
I think Oromos would mostly run towards the fertile arable lands in the west. They are already present in those areas of Ethiopia. I expect karbashing to be mostly in the west.

Dude you really need to update on the situation of the Somali region in Ethiopia or better ask an ONLF official. I think they know the situation better. I am only talking about the last 2 years since PM Abiy came to power. Before that, we all agree all Ethiopia and especially the Somali region went under harsh oppression and human rights abuses by TPLF. That has completely changed now. Ask ONLF if you don't believe me. Having said that I think Somali Ethiopians have still the right to be part of any political entity of their choice. If they want to join Somalia, good luck. I hope Somalia also respects the rights of Somaliland and others if they want to leave Somalia. Let everybody decide about their fate and let us respect their democratic rights.

First of all Somalia is not like Ethiopia, Ethiopia is home to over 80 different ethnic group while in Somalia it is only consist of Somalis and few minorities that is less than 10%, but they are seen as Somali citizens. Seconly there is nothing called Somaliland, it is called woqooyi/Northern Somalia and it is currently an autonomous region like Puntland and Jubbaland. If we allowed Woqooyi to become independent then the same should be giving to Puntland and Jubbaland, if we did that it would just be another Djibouti with 1 clan dictatorship, it is all tribal interest not Somali peoples interest. Thirdly NFD/ woqooyi bari and Galbeed/Ogaden region was granted by Britain to Kenya and Ethiopia. After all the genocides, oppression and mistreatment do you really think you can integrate that region? or any other ethnic region like Oromia? The Somali region is more connected with Somalia than Ethiopia even despite the region being part of Ethiopia.

The ethnic tension has only gotten worse since Abiy Ahmed, nothing have changed for the better only for the worse.

"The number of people internally displaced by conflict remained high; according to the International Organization for Migration, 1.6 million people were internally displaced as of July, 66.4 percent due to conflict. The Internal Displacement Monitoring Center reported that ethnic clashes in Oromia, Amhara, Somali, and SNNPR regions led to 522,000 new displacements in the first half of 2019. "

“We are Like the Dead”
Torture and other Human Rights Abuses in Jail Ogaden, Somali Regional State, Ethiopia
Read this Article: https://www.hrw.org/report/2018/07/...man-rights-abuses-jail-ogaden-somali-regional

Also as Muslims it is Haram to have a non muslim ruler, so even our faith is forbidding us to even be under non Islamic rule. We will never be part of Ethiopia. Put that in to your thick skull.

Trending