The first time a somali character will be a lead for a major hollwood film.

It’s not that I have anything against Ramla or Shuri. I just expect the worst from the writers. 80-20 chance that it will include shitting on Somalia and a cadaan savior in the plot.
Exactly It doesnt look like any good will come out of this based on Hollywoods track record. This story looks like the perfect hit piece to basically trash us all along with the usual contrasting between the civilised west against savage backwards somalia with a dash of the usual cadaan savior trope.

Last edited:
this is based of a real story, there is nothing bad about this

imagine hating on the girl that represented your country

View attachment 272693

Ramla doesn't like Somalis, she never did, all this is just a shtick, kudos to her though, she's playing it off well no thanks to gullible Somalis.

Interestingly enough, it was actually her partner who pushed her into representing Somalia, since she'd be the first Somali female boxer, something they would both capitalise on.

Ramla didn't do this out of wadanimo, she did this for the opportunity to get her name out, if any Somali actually believes this girl even gives an iota of a f**k about us, you're an actual imbecile or gender war merchant.

And I've always defended Ilhan Omar and Sabrina, see the difference is their love for us is genuine and from the heart, Ramla's is a manufactured PR stunt.

Ramla doesn't like Somalis, she never did, all this is just a shtick, kudos to her though, she's playing it off well no thanks to gullible Somalis.

Interestingly enough, it was actually her partner who pushed her into representing Somalia, since she'd be the first Somali female boxer, something they would both capitalise on.

Ramla didn't do this out of wadanimo, she did this for the opportunity to get her name out, if any Somali actually believes this girl even gives an iota of a f**k about us, you're an actual imbecile or gender war merchant.

And I've always defended Ilhan Omar and Sabrina, see the difference is their love for us is genuine and from the heart, Ramla's is a manufactured PR stunt.
How do you know that tho do you have any proof of that?
Or is that all just a bunch of assumptions?

You guys a have problem with Ramla for having a gaal spouse but at the same time you are mad that a gaal non Somali woman is playing her in a movie instead of muslim Somali woman? You would rather want a Muslim somali woman to play her in the movie which requires her to show her awrah 😂

Imagine they made a movie on queen qawan and they had a non Somali playing her but you wanted a Somali to play her in the movie instead. That’s how ridiculous you sound lol

You guys a have problem with Ramla for having a gaal spouse but at the same time you are mad that a gaal non Somali woman is playing her in a movie instead of muslim Somali woman? You would rather want a Muslim somali woman to play her in the movie which requires her to show her awrah 😂

Imagine they made a movie on queen qawan and they had a non Somali playing her but you want a Somali to play her in the movie instead. That’s how ridiculous you sound lol
ngl some of us just don’t want this movie aired. i couldnt care less who plays the character.

Last edited:

Yes I agree with you! Ramla started attacking Somalis yesterday on twitter who asked her a simple question about the casting. She now made her twitter private after saying Letitia is black like her and should play her character. Lol

Mozart

You need people like me
Believing a random Somali represents you is insane. You guys need to let the groupthink go.

She’s an average boxer who would have never been able to box for team GB. Leticia Wright will get more eyes on her and she’ll fight on bigger cards. Somali guys who fight also leverage being Somali because it sells ticket. The more tickets you sell, the bigger the cards you fight on, and the more ££ you make.

She’s great at marketing herself and she’s not doing anything wrong.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
well well well...... wht the f*ck is this shit. lacanutallah. i will be review bombing this shit.

usually its women and POC people crying about "representation". the third wave of somalis in hollywood is upon us. black hawk down was critically acclaimed and so was captain Phillips. where does this put this jereer women taking over somali stories? somalis are at the peak of their social integration we will boycott this slander that hollywood is trying to Madowify somalis. inshallah we must organize protests at this blasphemy we must make change.
The girl shes portraying is a Barawani and she kinda look like her except darker skinned

hey brother, lets remember to not hurt people :)

Letitia Wright is one of my fav actresses. Ramla Ali, our dear sister is also one of my fav athletes. When I read this topic, I got so happy :)
get your lawyers ready naya. im gonna sue you

Imagine they made a movie on queen qawan and they had a non Somali playing her but you wanted a Somali to play her in the movie instead. That’s how ridiculous you sound lol
If you married malab we could confine doqonnimo to a single household.

Believing a random Somali represents you is insane. You guys need to let the groupthink go.

She’s an average boxer who would have never been able to box for team GB. Leticia Wright will get more eyes on her and she’ll fight on bigger cards. Somali guys who fight also leverage being Somali because it sells ticket. The more tickets you sell, the bigger the cards you fight on, and the more ££ you make.

She’s great at marketing herself and she’s not doing anything wrong.
No Somali person cares about her though, unlike the Barawini wadani dude who actually reps Somalis. She’s an ajanebi married to an ajanebi.

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
I can see how this already going to go. FGM, civil war, breaking cultural boundaries. Basically paint Somalis as the most savage people then make the west the saviour of our lives. Nacala ku taal Hollywood and their representation

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
To be expected. How many Somali actors are there? We are not pushing our kids in to the arts like that.

Trending