The first time a somali character will be a lead for a major hollwood film.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
wallahi everytime you post i wanna beat ur fucking face

hey brother, lets remember to not hurt people :)

Bruh first ever @Jiron L never thought I would see the day that his positivity would fail him
Ded Teletubbie GIF by MOODMAN

Letitia Wright is one of my fav actresses. Ramla Ali, our dear sister is also one of my fav athletes. When I read this topic, I got so happy :)

hey brother, lets remember to not hurt people :)

Letitia Wright is one of my fav actresses. Ramla Ali, our dear sister is also one of my fav athletes. When I read this topic, I got so happy :)
I don't have an issue with the actress or the athlete. I have an issue with the possible narrative Hollywood will push and always tends to do with these kinds of stories. Basically look at the potential bigger picture. Hopefully it doesn't turn out as terrible as I think it will :wow1:

Last edited:

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
Why wouldnโ€™t you want an experienced actress from blockbuster films to portray you. You think she wants a recent drama school grad xalimo to play her when Shuri from BP is willing to do it?

:russ:

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
why r u guys angry? u see a Somali woman do something extraordinary u guys show up out nowhere and start hating on her. if she was a guy i can bet my life none of you would have hated on him, in fact u would be praising him.

You lot have some mad inferiority complex towards white man, even going as far as spreading fake news to protect your non-existing pride. There is literally no source about her being allegedly "groomed" not to mention them being similar ages, also if Ramla ali herself has no problem with the actress that is portraying her about a movie that is based on her life story why should we? Ramla is a proud somali and has brought great joy and achievements to her community something that most of you on here can't say, so please spare yourself the lies and jealousy.
Sheโ€™s a benadiri who married her cadaan coach when she was 16.
Screenshot_20230513-215657_Chrome.jpg

why r u guys angry? u see a Somali woman do something extraordinary u guys show up out nowhere and start hating on her. if she was a guy i can bet my life none of you would have hated on him, in fact u would be praising him.
Bruh we were all hating on the pirate movie aswell and you all saw how that set us back.

Plus it simply wouldn't be the same if a guy was casted because they wouldn't be hyper focusing on the same matters which is why they would never make a guy version of this. I hope it sticks more to the dynamic after fleeing and the boxing but Holywood ain't like that it's gonna come along with a whole deal of portraying somalia and somalis as terrible. Why should we be ok with how these guys portay us if we know its gonna be terrible based off the current track record.

Last edited:

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
You lot have some mad inferiority complex towards white man, even going as far as spreading fake news to protect your non-existing pride. There is literally no source about her being allegedly "groomed" not to mention them being similar ages, also if Ramla ali herself has no problem with the actress that is portraying her about a movie that is based on her life story why should we? Ramla is a proud somali and has brought great joy and achievements to her community something that most of you on here can't say, so please spare yourself the lies and jealousy.

View attachment 272688
She still married a gaalo so shut the f*ck up women

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Bruh we were all hating on the pirate movie aswell and it simply wouldn't be the same because they wouldn't be focusing on the same matters which is why they would never make a guy version of this. I hope it sticks more to the dynamic after fleeing and the boxing but Holywood ain't like that it's gonna come along with a whole deal of portraying somalia as terrible. Why should we be ok with how these guys portay us if we know its gonna be terrible based off the current track record.
this is based of a real story, there is nothing bad about this

imagine hating on the girl that represented your country

1684012312374.png

this is based of a real story, there is nothing bad about this

imagine hating on the girl that represented your country

View attachment 272693
When did I hate on her or the actress I'm talking about the possible narrative Hollywood is gonna push. They change details in true stories all the time so it fits with there narrative or to make the story more appealing cinematically and some times just the premises is based on a true story and the rest based on whatever they want it to be.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
What has Ramla achieved by the way. Has she won gold medals, awards?
she did go to the Olympics but unfortunately she went up against a girl that takes testosterones
As an amateur, Ramla Ali won the 2015 Novice national championships in England, the 2016 England Boxing Elite National Championships, the 2016 Great British Championships, and the 2019 African Zone featherweight title.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Itโ€™s not that I have anything against Ramla or Shuri. I just expect the worst from the writers. 80-20 chance that it will include shitting on Somalia and a cadaan savior in the plot.

Trending