The first time a somali character will be a lead for a major hollwood film.

Barawanis have Bantu DNA, as well as Asian DNA, and they speak a Swahili language. They are from Barawa and their ancestors lived in insular communities. They are only 'Somali' due to geography, let's keep it real. At most they have minimal Somali DNA.

We need minorities like this to tell the truth about their heritage because many of them come from insular communities that have a love-hate relationship with ethnic Somalis.
It reminds me of the CadCad Somali girl married to the Nigerian guy in the Uk who made fun of her for claiming Yemeni even though CadCads have Yemeni + Hindi DNA. He made it seem like all ethnic Somalis claim Yemeni.

I really do not like how some minorities from Somalia do not explain their heritage to the world and instead gaslight and embarrass Somalis and Somalia.

Last edited:
Ramla doesn't like Somalis, she never did, all this is just a shtick, kudos to her though, she's playing it off well no thanks to gullible Somalis.

Interestingly enough, it was actually her partner who pushed her into representing Somalia, since she'd be the first Somali female boxer, something they would both capitalise on.

Ramla didn't do this out of wadanimo, she did this for the opportunity to get her name out, if any Somali actually believes this girl even gives an iota of a f**k about us, you're an actual imbecile or gender war merchant.

And I've always defended Ilhan Omar and Sabrina, see the difference is their love for us is genuine and from the heart, Ramla's is a manufactured PR stunt.

I am not surprised at all that Asian-admixed minorities from Somalia (CadCads, Barawanis) do not like Somalis. Just put yourself in their shoes for a moment. Their families had it good in Somalia and then in 1991, they were raped, robbed and their houses were stolen. Many of them had their daughters forcefully "married" by thugs (USC thugs). So. Tell me, would YOU love Somalis and Somalia after that?

Guess who occupies Marka and Barawe today? The children of the USC thugs that chased them out.

The only reason ethnic Somalis love Somalia and being Somalia, is because we are actually Somali by heritage and do not descend from migrants who came from Asia.

That said, I don't think people who hate Somalis, should profit from the Somali brand.

But I don't blame them, not one bit.

Ramla agreed for her to play her so why are Somali guys angry about this? Stop embarrassing us with your cunsiri.

Last edited:
I don't think it will be a good movie
I heard the director is a kik-i mean jew
1684012186416.png

Ramla agreed for her to play her so why are Somali guys angry about this? Stop embarrassing us with your cunsiri.
No one is angry about whether a somali plays this role or not infact that's probably the best part of this that a non somali is playing this role. we just don't want Holywood to trash somalia like they probably will with the narratives they tend to push.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Barawanis have Bantu DNA, as well as Asian DNA, and they speak a Swahili language. They are from Barawa and their ancestors lived in insular communities. They are only 'Somali' due to geography, let's keep it real. At most they have minimal Somali DNA.

We need minorities like this to tell the truth about their heritage because many of them come from insular communities that have a love-hate relationship with ethnic Somalis.
It reminds me of the CadCad Somali girl married to the Nigerian guy in the Uk who made fun of her for claiming Yemeni even though CadCads have Yemeni + Hindi DNA. He made it seem like all ethnic Somalis claim Yemeni.

I really do not like how some minorities from Somalia do not explain their heritage to the world and instead gaslight and embarrass Somalis and Somalia.

It depends. I've got family members who are only Barawaani by name. They've been assimilated into Ogaden Somalis and look like us/only speak Somali and have very little foreign blood. Though, that's over generations.

Latest posts