The Digital Sisterhood officially CANCELLED #filthysisterhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, you've not answered if you'd think it was appropriate for me to invite a known pr8stitute who is known to spread crazh views on tiktok and publicly interview her. I think we both know how I will be perceived in the Muslim community.
You have skipped over the points about the fact that Muslim men are refuted and held to account all the time, it is a well known refutation culture amongst Muslims and it is never turned into victimhood. I have even mentioned how you never have taken issue with my posts about similar issues involving men.

Questions:

1. Are these men's content being lied about?

2. Are these men being referred to as fasiq, undercover kufr and wh0res or Zani encouraging?

3. Is that an acceptable way to critique in Islam or even basic manners and priniciples?

You have also assumed I have not listened to the episode myself and come to my own conclusions and agreed with the contents of what I have shared.

Just like the said trolls you have also turned it into a gender war distracting from the actual issue with the contents of the podcast.
I have said time and time again, I have no issues with criticism based on actually listening and not twisting which isn't what happened here. We both know this.

A lot of it has become gender based as a lot of the post you have posted also talk about how women will be the majority in hell and they use this podcast as an example. A lot of the posts YOU posted were indeed gendered as was littered with the idea that these podcasters are Zani encouragers ect Authobillahi. I've never seen a man being critiqued with that level of vitriol.

IF you have, show me and take a screenshot. That may make me look at it from a different perspective.
I noticed you also never responded to whether you would let your little sister or daughter listen to that episode. It's not like watching a mainstream TV show it is cloaked in being Islamic and can confuse young girls about deen.
What is confusing about the deen? I'd have no issue with my over 16 + daughter listening to it as it is a stark reminder of never putting yourself in a vulnerable position as a woman. I found it rather heavy and very cautionary and above all sad.
I am not interested in a back and forth so I will stop here.

Questions:

1. Are these men's content being lied about?

2. Are these men being referred to as fasiq, undercover kufr and wh0res or Zani encouraging?

3. Is that an acceptable way to critique in Islam or even basic manners and priniciples?

I have said time and time again, I have no issues with criticism based on actually listening and not twisting which isn't what happened here. We both know this.

A lot of it has become gender based as a lot of the post you have posted also talk about how women will be the majority in hell and they use this podcast as an example. A lot of the posts YOU posted were indeed gendered as was littered with the idea that these podcasters are Zani encouragers ect Authobillahi. I've never seen a man being critiqued with that level of vitriol.

IF you have, show me and take a screenshot. That may make me look at it from a different perspective.

What is confusing about the deen? I'd have no issue with my over 16 + daughter listening to it as it is a stark reminder of never putting yourself in a vulnerable position as a woman. I found it rather heavy and very cautionary and above all sad.
Ur not finding many Muslim men with a large following speak fondly of haram relationships and excuse as self love and development this is in episode 23.

That’s why the comparison your asking for is unrealistic I have never heard a brother who wants to advise and warn and has a large influence speak of zina and expose their sins like this and not admit their wrongs if you have send me one.

Also you can’t expect a perfect fair response to this podcast especially from twitter this is ridiculous anonymous people can say whatever they want without punishment and shame you think some idiots arnt gonna take it too far.

Last edited:

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
You got a point walaal but her not accepting her mistakes and shifting the blame to other reasons is what has allowed the exaggerated statements and slander to occur.

If she said i should've not come close to the boy and stayed away from zina there wouldn't be as much outrage apart from her exposing her sins.

Also my issue why make this story public on a platform which has large influence she isnt aware where she went wrong and even after the traumatic experience she still maintained male friends.

This is not a beneficial podcast and removes accountability if this is to create awareness it was done horribly. This story is more emphasized on the impacts of community slander rather than what leads to zina

The sister made a mistake and still is unable to call it out why even record a podcast to warn others lol.

Its like I tell a story on how my business failed and I don't tell the listeners where I went wrong (and they want to not copy my mistakes ) and I do not acknowledge the mistakes that I made. What is the viewer learning apart from my emotions after a failed project and how i became broke and depressed.

Also i dont believe theres much distorting too what she endured is sad she accepted a relationship then kept going cause of fear .Consent is bs when you seeked a haram relationship is the relation meant to be blessed and good lol she made a mistake that's all and is unable to acknowledge it and the male took advantage of her.
She explicitly states that she should’ve kept her distance laakin to due her shortcoming & infatuation with the guy being her crush she went ahead & pursued a relationship with him. It’s even in the post of arian tweet see part in red in pic below

7B6397B5-BB0E-4338-8582-9B6B102BAB3D.jpeg

The above tweet is another good example where he distorts what she says. If you listen to the story she makes that admission ( red part) in the beginning not after the kissing incident & most importantly she never once stated that this was the reason why she escalates the relationship from that of a “friend” to that of a “boyfriend” as the guy is implying in that tweet.

The guy is clearly trying make her look guilty as much as possible, since he claims that she wanted all of that ie from kissing to sexual activity. This nothing but slander & he wouldn’t get away with it in an a shariah court sxb.

Even as she tells her story you can still tell the trauma of that experience is still there with her 4 yrs later. The level of guilt, disgust & remorse that she felt throughout that ordeal isn’t something to make light off sxb, you don’t know the reality of her heart.

It’s part of diinta to show naxaaris & make excuses for your fellow muslim when they make mistakes. So it’s better to think the best of her & not condemn her for actions that she clearly regrets without a doubt.

This is not a story of a sister who clear cut endorses haram actions & takes proud in that but a story of young girl that was taken advantage off by an individual who had more life experience than her. She didn’t consent to the actions that this guy forced her to do & from the looks of things this wasn’t his first time of doing such things.

Having said that I do agree that not adhering to Islamic principles regarding free mixing, dating, having boy/girlfriend etc made it possible for other actions to take place. This was something that should’ve been most certainly discussed by the host laakin it wasn’t.

Islamic limits are set in place for a reason and when it’s bypassed then all manner of haram becomes easy. The story itself is a good example why it’s important to follow what diinta says in such situations & everyone is accountable for their action as long as they’re done freely

The above is a good example of a valid critique about the podcast in general as this lack of highlighting the importance of following Islamic rules is a common trend. Any constructive criticism of the podcast is lost when people are only interested in discrediting them for their own agendas.

We’ve to be just in how we deal even those we don’t agree with. So when people engage with others with no other intent other than to bring them down there’s nothing to benefit sxb

Do we want good for our fellow muslims when we debate with them or just to belittle them ? This is a question that we need to ponder about first.

AdoonkaAlle

Ameen

My intention in sharing this and participating in this thread at all is not about the sister in particular.

It is about the harms of these types of podcasts.

Would anyone here allow their young sister or daughter to listen to this type of *islamic* podcast? That is who it is geared towards. It is important to bring attention to issues like these so people are made aware.

I understand where you’re coming from & I do share your concerns about issues affecting our bulshada collectively

Laakin we need to look at issues for what they’re & not what we want them to be. Correct if I’m wrong laakin the people behind the podcast never claimed that this was an Islamic podcast so to hold them on account solely on such basis isn’t correct

Secondly even if they’re not an Islamic podcast this doesn’t absolve them from acting in accordance with limits set by diinta. Do they need to change their approach in how they handle sensitive issues that not only affect individuals but bulshada dhaan? Yes without a doubt but are they the ONLY podcast who’s lacking here ? Of course not so why the selective outrage then ?

I’ve seen multiple podcasts by men that casually talk about linking with girls, haram relationships, some even boast about it as well . Laakin they’re hardly held accountable to this extent why is this ?

The criticisms has to be done with hikmah not malice otherwise it’s not going to be of benefit. Our sisters unfortunately due to their gender are targeted differently by gaalada under the guise of feminism & women’s rights. This has a huge impact in their outlook towards society, men & diinta in general, as men we’ve to be tactful in how we deal with this not every sister that displays questionable actions has a hatred of diinta and wants to misguide other women etc

Both men & women need to stop treating each other as mortal enemies as this only worsens the situation that we find ourselves in.

AdoonkaAlle

Thank you brother. None of these men actually care for what happened, they just love to make women look like wh0res.

I hope they wouldn’t treat their daughter, sister or mother like this if that happened to them.
Waa ruunta this lack of having empathy & rushing to make negative judgements about gabdhaha in general isn’t befitting for ragga.

It’s one thing to care & protect diinta laakin this doesn’t mean that each & every approach to do so is the right one, especially when it leads to ostracising half of the muslim population.

This goes for both ragga iyo dumarka, we need to take away the focus from a gender centric conversation to an encompassing conversation that’s if we’re truly interested in solving our issues. If not then the result is what see, today is men attacking dumarka tomorrow waa vice- versa.

@Angelina Ada mudan walaal

May Allah purify our intentions & guide us to that which is khayr

Ameen thumma Ameen

Honestly sums up how I feel and why it is infuriating being a woman in modern Muslim spaces:

View attachment 241032
Also, this is one of the guys who started this witch hunt. Look at how irrational here is:

View attachment 241034
He is literally accusing her of Zina authobillah for just talking about how some women during their hormones whilst on their menses feel immense depression.

This is the man all the 'brothers' are rallying behind.
Wow this is so true. How many stories of Muslim men have we heard about how they use to live in a life of sin and jahiliya only for them to ultimately learn their lesson and return to Allah? The girl shares her experience and it teaches young girls a valuable lesson on how men can act and how coercion can take place to protect them and they slander her?? Insane

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Wow this is so true. How many stories of Muslim men have we heard about how they use to live in a life of sin and jahiliya only for them to ultimately learn their lesson and return to Allah? The girl shares her experience and it teaches young girls a valuable lesson on how men can act and how coercion can take place to protect them and they slander her?? Insane
A lot of these young “dawah” dudes they follow are “former” roadmen too
:mjpls:

A lot of these young “dawah” dudes they follow are “former” roadmen too
:mjpls:

Yep

That's why they act like being a Muslim is the only thing they have going on in life. They also like to act like they are the best Muslims to ever Muslim. They need to go to the job centre and actually study Islam, maybe then they'll learn that they are not supposed to stare at, gossip or stalk women.

I find it very funny that Muslim men think they have the right to police strange women 24/7, whilst neglecting their own duties in life. If every man and woman focused on their own family, most people would be normal. Instead they spend most of their time online or screaming in their little cult gatherings.

Which sane person, who has a 9-5 or their own business, a family, friends, has the time or energy to focus on other people's transgressions. Gossiping chatty patty dhoocilo.

I find it very funny that Muslim men think they have the right to police strange women 24/7, whilst neglecting their own duties in life. If every man and woman focused on their own family, most people would be normal. Instead they spend most of their time online or screaming in their little cult gatherings.

Which sane person, who has a 9-5 or their own business, a family, friends, has the time or energy to focus on other people's transgressions. Gossiping chatty patty dhoocilo.
I agree. But it doesn’t take much time or effort to post something on Twitter while you are doing everyday life. People have become so detached from reality when they are on the internet that they forget they are dealing with human beings who has feelings. They just scroll through and just say anything and move on with their lives. That’s the scary part, you go to that person and tell them do you know what you said to that person a week ago and they don’t know.

I find it very funny that Muslim men
You didn't generalize all Muslim men and grouped as one unity based on some twitter trolls you disagree with :noneck::noneck:
think they have the right to police strange women 24/7, whilst neglecting their own duties in life. If every man and woman focused on their own family, most people would be normal. Instead they spend most of their time online or screaming in their little cult gatherings.

reer

VIP
Waa ruunta this lack of having empathy & rushing to make negative judgements about gabdhaha in general isn’t befitting for ragga.

It’s one thing to care & protect diinta laakin this doesn’t mean that each & every approach to do so is the right one, especially when it leads to ostracising half of the muslim population.

This goes for both ragga iyo dumarka, we need to take away the focus from a gender centric conversation to an encompassing conversation that’s if we’re truly interested in solving our issues. If not then the result is what see, today is men attacking dumarka tomorrow waa vice- versa.

Ameen thumma Ameen
i had no idea about the podcast and never heard of it. after the crapton of profanities on twitter and twitter spaces i see both sides as labo kala daran.

What a world we live in. Here is a Muslim man bragging about his experiences of Zina, yet you’re bashing a podcast you haven’t listened to that has been twisted out of context. This is a perfect example of the moral decay that we are finding with a few of the Muslim male youth.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I actually listened to the full podcast, the girl gave herself to a selfish loser. Who was only focused on his own self pleasure, she went along with it willingly. Until the end of the honey moon period, where she woke up to the truth, that she was being used. By an idiot who cared only for himself.

when she ended it rightfully, he put her name in the street. Now she was not only used but also humiliated, by this clown she freely allowed into her life. ( She didn’t deserve that) but it’s what she got for giving herself to a classless bottom feeder.

Her ego was shattered and her reputation was destroyed, which caused a severe depression and thoughts of suwie.

After recovering from this sad and terrible ordeal, instead of moving on with her life. She chose to follow her ego, by back rationalizing, rewriting the script. If the S.A was real why share it in a podcast, where both relatives and strangers will hear of your transgressions, and will do nothing for you. Why not go to the police?

I have met real victims before and I find girls like this shameful, for using something so painful and so serious as S.A. To try and wash themselves of any responsibility. After willingly being used by a clown.

this ain’t a case of S.A it’s a case of a bruised ego.

Last edited:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
i had no idea about the podcast and never heard of it. after the crapton of profanities on twitter and twitter spaces i see both sides as labo kala daran.
So you’re insulting the podcast based on some unhinged trolls?

AdoonkaAlle

Deh waa natijaada of modern day gender dynamics were insult & ridicule is the norm. Every issue relating to individuals & society in general is weaponised to attack the opposite gender. You don't need to look far just look at the countless threads in here that were started for that reason.

If you dish out cay iyo aflagaado don't be surprised when others respond in kind.

You didn't generalize all Muslim men and grouped as one unity based on some twitter trolls you disagree with :noneck::noneck:
We shouldn’t generalize because greatly enough a lot of Somali men with big platforms went out of their way to defend digital sisterhood. This ajnabi sister even noted:

E9C29323-4CF5-42A6-A8A0-B43D8E7E22E7.jpeg

Screenshot_20221022_120341.jpg

However, there is a growing amount of young sexist Somali boys who are becoming increasingly resentful towards the success of Somali women. This type of misogyny has always been a problem in other Muslim communities so this is a Muslim community issue, but what is worrying me is that some younger generation Abdis are adopting this this weird attitudes to women we didn't have.

Last edited:
That is the norm for a lot of Eastern cultures and what is crazy is how these incels and so called 'brothers' influenced by them are trying to bring that into the deen. That is why Muslim women need to be extra vigilant. From looking at the UK dawah scene which is mostly spearheaded by mere Islamic speakers who don't have any more Islamic knowledge than the women they critique and the constant twisting and distortion, is concering.

BTW, i have no issues with critism and constructive feedback. But its important for someone to listen to it themselves and verify. If you had criticism against them which you felt was valid and voiced in a respectful manner, I don't think most will have an issue as it is clearly coming from a place of honesty. Constantly calling women Fasiq, Kufr and wh0res for doing and having opinions they personally disagree with creates the narrative that men are the owners of the deen and that women are simply on the fringe which is why it’s so easy for them to quickly make takfir on us for any tiny perceived wrong doing. Hence why they have recently started targeting Practicing sisters now as a way to mock and question their commitment to Islam . These men can talk about their roadman and playboy Jahiliya days with no pushback and suspiciousness because in their eyes they’re the ‘owners’ of Islam whilst women need to be constantly watched.

Ameen thumma Ameen
You're not going to agree with me but gender has always been at the forefront and sexism is/has always been a massive issue. There is a reason why the Prophet s.a.w in his last sermon emphasized on treating women well for he knew that his Ummah struggles with that due to most people's previous jahiiya cultures that some time seeps in. I'm not saying women are angels, they can be just as terrible or worse but obviously we live in a male dominate society and in Islam and most cultures men are the leaders, hence as the leaders we expect protection and understanding rather than what we're seeing in the overall Muslim community as a lack of this from one’s leaders can have devastating consequences as obviously those that are being led are in a more vulnerable position.

Every society has some form of sexism, Somalis included but what I find concerning
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
[/SPOILER]

Last edited:

Mozart

You need people like me
You guys who take personal offence to the opinions/lives of women only because you come from the same country, need serious help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending