The Bet is ON. Ethiopia - disintegration vs stable democracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: for those who complain that this is a Somali forum and not xabashi, I say shut up and move on! This is not for you! :) End of warning.

I have read so many Somalis comment on this forum who believe in and bet on the eminent disintegration of Ethiopia. They say Tigray will soon declare independence, then follows Somali State, Oromia etc. Every State soon will become independent and Ethiopia will be no more. When Abid Iley was removed few days back, many were saying that the Liyu police will transform itself into a rebel guerrilla force and an insurgency will begin soon.

I have been replying and trying to explain that the disintegration is not coming soon but rather a very strong, stable and fully democratic Ethiopia is on the horizon. Many here think that my view is naive and they claim that Ethiopia will never become a true democracy.

Now this thread is me betting on a stable, strong, prosperous and fully democratic Ethiopia in a very few years time. No disintegration and no human rights abuses. This is what I believe Ethiopia will become soon. A real democratic country and an economic powerhouse in the region.

If what many Somalis here are saying becomes a reality and Ethiopia indeed will be disintegrated, then I promise to come back, apologize and give credit for those who bet on the disintegration of Ethiopia.

The Bet is ON.

Girl I been meaning to do this for awhile but thank you! You are out here representing through and through. I see your mini dissertation on this site all the time and I am in awe of your dedication. You make feel inadequate beethiopiawenete:mjcry:. Kudos for patiently explaining the complexity of our people and country to our neighbors.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending