The Bet is ON. Ethiopia - disintegration vs stable democracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AfranQallo I see you liked my post, what are your thoughts?

Like you, we have also been trapped in this imposed “Ethiopia(an)” notion. The only Oromos who have enjoyed the existence of Ethiopia are those who’ve intermarried with the Amhara and converted to Christianity. Culturally, religiously etc we are different to those of highland Ethiopia.

Me being an Oromo from eastern Oromia, have never felt Ethiopian a day in my life. We are treated worse then any other Oromos for the fact we are all Muslim. The TPLF played a well played game and orchestrated a sickening conflict between us and our only friend neighboring us. All we have is ourselves now.

I have been raised on the concept of a free Oromia with Finfinne as our capital. The true goal of all Oromos is Bilisooma meaning freedom. Freedom from Abissinyan colonialism, Habesha culture, language and rule. Why live in a nation with the people who have for hundreds of years killed our people, banned the use of our language and raped our resources. Why on earth will I ever claim Ethiopian?

I fully support every region or ethnicity who wants full autonomy rule over their own land and people and to succeed into a successful nation of its own. I am Oromo and that is it. I will gladly take my sweet time explaining who the Oromos are and where we are located over claiming to come from Ethiopia.

Like you, we have also been trapped in this imposed “Ethiopia(an)” notion. The only Oromos who have enjoyed the existence of Ethiopia are those who’ve intermarried with the Amhara and converted to Christianity. Culturally, religiously etc we are different to those of highland Ethiopia.

Me being an Oromo from eastern Oromia, have never felt Ethiopian a day in my life. We are treated worse then any other Oromos for the fact we are all Muslim. The TPLF played a well played game and orchestrated a sickening conflict between us and our only friend neighboring us. All we have is ourselves now.

I have been raised on the concept of a free Oromia with Finfinne as our capital. The true goal of all Oromos is Bilisooma meaning freedom. Freedom from Abissinyan colonialism, Habesha culture, language and rule. Why live in a nation with the people who have for hundreds of years killed our people, banned the use of our language and raped our resources. Why on earth will I ever claim Ethiopian?

I fully support every region or ethnicity who wants full autonomy rule over their own land and people and to succeed into a successful nation of its own. I am Oromo and that is it. I will gladly take my sweet time explaining who the Oromos are and where we are located over claiming to come from Ethiopia.
:salute::salute::salute:

Fahad Yasin

Duqbilow Nation

@xabashi My cute little Xabasha munchkin with smooth silky long hair:lawd:, flawless skin:lawd:, and an hourglass figure :lawd:

your egregious claim of Oromos being patriotic Ethiopians has been debunked:comeon:, straight from the horses mouth:sass2:

@xabashi My cute little Xabasha munchkin with smooth silky long hair:lawd:, flawless skin:lawd:, and an hourglass figure :lawd:

your egregious claim of Oromos being patriotic Ethiopians has been debunked:comeon:, straight from the horses mouth:sass2:

Oromos are diverse of course and the AfranQallo guy has every right to feel how he feels. Listen Oromos are now in power and they can declare independence if they wish but from Jawar, to OFC to Abiy and Lemma, all I see is working towards a democratic Ethiopia. I see currently no organized effort from any Oromo organization inside or outside the country working or demanding for secession. I am just stating the hard facts.

That doesn't mean there are no Oromos who don't feel Ethiopian and want secession. There are many who want secession but it seems they are not the driving force and must be a minority. Honestly, the only time Oromos are really united are now when almost all organizations realized that leading Ethiopia is better than secession for the Oromo.

In previous years when there was a secession movement, the Oromo society was so divided even among the secessions groups. There was no unity but division everywhere. Even OLF was divided into 4 or so pieces. Oromos are currently for the first time united behind the idea of a truly democratic Ethiopia. That alone tells you that the secession idea is not easy to sell among majority Oromos. It has been tried for the last 50 years but still it is a hard sell for the majority.

Fahad Yasin

Duqbilow Nation
Oromos are diverse of course and the AfranQallo guy has every right to feel how he feels. Listen Oromos are now in power and they can declare independence if they wish but from Jawar, to OFC to Abiy and Lemma, all I see is working towards a democratic Ethiopia. I see currently no organized effort from any Oromo organization inside or outside the country working or demanding for secession. I am just stating the hard facts.

That doesn't mean there are no Oromos who don't feel Ethiopian and want secession. There are many who want secession but it seems they are not the driving force and must be a minority. Honestly, the only time Oromos are really united are now when almost all organizations realized that leading Ethiopia is better than secession for the Oromo.

In previous years when there was a secession movement, the Oromo society was so divided even among the secessions groups. There was no unity but division everywhere. Even OLF was divided into 4 or so pieces. Oromos are currently for the first time united behind the idea of a truly democratic Ethiopia. That alone tells you that the secession idea is not easy to sell among majority Oromos. It has been tried for the last 50 years but still it is a hard sell for the majority.

Lemma?:kodaksmiley: If Iley and all the other old guards from the TPLF era are being sacked from their positions, why is Lemma still the vice President of the OPDO and in the inner circle of the "reformist" PM? The man is a criminal and no better than those who suffered the same fate.
Selective justice:umwhat:

But at any rate I love your enthusiasm and optimistic nature. Your husband will be one lucky man.:mjcry:

Fahad Yasin

Duqbilow Nation

This guy has a such punchable face, his smugness and cockiness irritates the f*ck out of me. :birdman:

Earlier this year this guy was calcaaling for Oromo secession and now he's a nationalist since the simp Abiy brought him into the fold:drakelaugh:

The man was causing chaos from his home in MN and now he's stepped foot into Ethiopia recently for the 1st time in years, expect more chaos from this Shrek looking motherfucker:bell:

This guy has a such punchable face, his smugness and cockiness irritates the f*ck out of me. :birdman:

Earlier this year this guy was calcaaling for Oromo secession and now he's a nationalist since the simp Abiy brought him into the fold:drakelaugh:
Yea the guy is a sellout , he just went to hajj for free now watch him get a high ranking position in the government.

I heard he started a fund for charity with his wife then stole much of the funds for personal use. Have you heard of this?
I haven't heard of it but I'm not shocked. The guy is bashaaling in Addis getting driven around in a land cruiser no more qaxootinimo and rafaad in Minnesota :mjlol:

Yea the guy is a sellout , he just went to hajj for free now watch him get a high ranking position in the government.
He said in an interview in Addis that he will not take any official office but want to establish a professional media outlet in Ethiopia. So, I don't think he will be taking office soon.

Lemma?:kodaksmiley: If Iley and all the other old guards from the TPLF era are being sacked from their positions, why is Lemma still the vice President of the OPDO and in the inner circle of the "reformist" PM? The man is a criminal and no better than those who suffered the same fate.
Selective justice:umwhat:

But at any rate I love your enthusiasm and optimistic nature. Your husband will be one lucky man.:mjcry:

Lemma is not old guard. He is considered to be one of the initiators of reforms in Ethiopia. He executed so many reforms in Oromia that he is considered the father and architect of reforms in Ethiopia. He was the one people knew before PM Abiy for his honest and straight talk. PM Abiy, the two Amhara region leaders and the south leaders all are part of what is called "team Lemma". Team Lemma is credited for coordinating a "coup" with the Amhara regional leaders and sending TPLF to Tigray. He freed over 40 thousand prisoners, refused the looting of Oromia lands by TPLF old guards, opened up Oromia for exiled opposition groups to operate freely, free media etc. He even recently went to Eritrea and convinced the last OLF faction to return home. The Amhara leaders also did the same thing recently.

That is a hell lot of contrast to Mr. thug Abdi Iley who refused to allow any dissent. Instead he even sends his hooligans to Addis to intimidate any dissent. Comparing Lemma with Abdi is a bit stretch.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
I think somaloa should work with Ethiopia making more jobs and opportunities for both of us.we have ports we could give them aceee to our ports that would build roads more ports and more jobs for both of us. Instead of think on how to destroy Ethiopia use leverage on it when it's completely dependent on our ports for trade we can make them do what we wanna do. We could make a deal on giving back ogadenia
:tacky: Astagfirulah how many years will it take somalis like you to realise us and Ethiopians can never and have never both been prosperous and not fighting the only time we aren't fighting is when we ruled over them. Stop bending your ass for them you man bitxh
bfe7178b0eb2d79fb08aa9c4f4a04e4b.jpg

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
I always pray for the downfall for Ethiopia :rejoice:
Ya Allah inshallah the Ethiopian nation collapses and never comes back up again just like the good times:mjswag:

I always pray for the downfall for Ethiopia :rejoice:
Ya Allah inshallah the Ethiopian nation collapses and never comes back up again just like the good times:mjswag:
How about praying for the prosperity of Somalia instead of wishing ill for your neighbour? I don't know in Islam but in Christianity you can't wish ill to others in prayer. Jesus teaches that you should pray for the wellbeing of your enemies. So praying and wishing ill to others doesn't go hand in hand. Try something else.

Matthew 5:44–45
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
How about praying for the prosperity of Somalia instead of wishing ill for your neighbour? I don't know in Islam but in Christianity you can't wish ill to others in prayer. Jesus teaches that you should pray for the wellbeing of your enemies. So praying and wishing ill to others doesn't go hand in hand. Try something else.

Matthew 5:44–45
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Blah blah :dabcasar::dabcasar:
When were Ethiopians considered human, until you guys stop eating raw meat and speaking in that click clock language you don't qualify :ayaanswag:

@xabashi basically tigrey oppressed you somalis before that it was amharas and now its oromos turn. This is what we hear despite the feel good comments made by your prime minister. Look what you have failed to do in hundreds of years you will not do today. We intend on leaving ethiopia in most humiliating and savage way possible. Our time will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts