Tbh I’m really Dutch

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Excluding the weird G sound it is kinda similar to English in sound.

It is the closest language to English of the main languages of Europe (excluding tiny ones like Frisian).

What is your name?
Wat is jouw naam? (NL)
Wie ist dein Name? (DE)
Vad heter du? (SE)
Yes it sounds like English, but that G feels like it is everywhere in the speech, it reminds me of Hebrew

Xoxoxo

VIP
Belgian ones don't have it as badly, see this meme video, from 0:20 it becomes hilarious:

Here in the south neither! We’re similar to the Belgians and use a soft “G” in a speaking matter. It has to do with t he fact that we were supposed to be a part of Belgium lmao

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
You‘re dutch? Miskiina, you‘re laangaab, forever in the shadow of germany:francis:

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
The Dutch also don't wash their hands, after going to the toilet.

washing-hands-source.jpg

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
How Dutch of you. You and @Qeelbax make me proud. It's nice to know young ladies approaching my mom's height (176cm) as well as my auntie Iman's height (175cm) still exist. Mashallah.
What’s with xaalimos in Minnesota being like 5’3
:kanyehmm:
I’m a product of baris and basto but I’m not a fat midget

Xoxoxo

VIP
@Nilotic @Shimbiris @Xoxoxo @Arma

Interesting little history: Brussels used to speak Dutch, but they completely language shifted to French in as little as a century.

The whole reason why Belgium exists is because Flemish coons thought that Dutch was not sophisticated enough to be used in academia and bureaucracy, so they revolted in the 1830s. :hmm:

I worked in Brussels for a year, so that's why I know this. :silanyosmile:
Brussels is such an interesting city.

for context:

Belgium used to be a part of something called “The Southern Netherlands”. It was mainly the only part of the Netherlands (alongside where I live) that had a catholic major population. This led to a major war where the Belgians felt they were treated badly for being catholics (I mean I can understand why they were treated badly once you learn about the history of this country), eventually the Brabants splitted up and the province I currently reside in was supposed to join Belgium (hence why it’s called Northern Brabant, and the region Brussels lays in Southern Brabant) but it failed and it’s now stuck being called a North province while it actually is a southern province

Xoxoxo

VIP
"Ohh, you speak dutch? That‘s like german innit?“ naayaa sheeg, how many times have you heard that? :ufdup:
no that’s something Americans say and I don’t take anything by heart whenever those folk say something about a language I speak cause it wouldn’t matter anyway. How can I expect from a country that doesn’t even know Europe is a continent to think I’m speaking Dutch?

Trending