Tall men

poverty is the answer. my dad is 175 cm and i am 198cm.
Yeah poverty and underdeveloped countries lead to malnourished men and women, even south koreans were incredibly short a view decades ago before their economy bloom. Many Korean men in the comments were saying that their father and grandfather's generations were 165-170cm while they are 180+ cm, probaly goes the same for somali diaspora men with somali aabos who were raised during the civil war (extremely famine) area.

They probably measured a bunch of Bantus in Xamar for a study since thereโ€™s a lot of them. Most Somali men are average or tall.
I have heared that certain clans like ogedan and isaaqs are tall? I don't if that's true or if its some qabiil bs but yeah the Mogadishu is not really good representation for ethnic-somalis since it has other citizens with mixed hertiage.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Allow the experimental chinese voodoo chemicals sxb, as long as you get the golden number (5โ€™10) from proper posture youโ€™re good. Focus on other areas
Im at the worst cross road i am at 182cm i am 1cm from 6ft. However if i wear casual sneakers i can reach 6ft1. So which number do i use. If i say 6ft i have the guilty conscience of lying about a 1cm. However when i am talking to most people outside irl they rarely ever meet me without my shoes on so to them i am 6ft/6ft1.

The reason Somali men back home are shorter is due to malnutrition and diet, we were actually on average 5-10"-6'2" before the war.

Africans in general have shrunk; it's the only continent that hasn't seen a net gain in height. If we don't wise up, we're going to become shorter than Asians

:mjcry:

I have heared that certain clans like ogedan and isaaqs are tall? I don't if that's true or if its some qabiil bs but yeah the Mogadishu is not really good representation for ethnic-somalis since it has other citizens with mixed hertiage.
Yea but in general anyone whoโ€™s actually Somali Somali like ethnically is usually taller. If you seen Xamar at least a 1/3 is Bantu maybe more. Thereโ€™s also shanshi reer Xamar ppl too in the mix too. I never seen these ppl be over 6ft.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Africans in general have shrunk; it's the only continent that hasn't seen a net gain in height. If we don't wise up, we're going to become shorter than Asians

:mjcry:
Thats physically impossible ๐Ÿ’€

Yea but in general anyone whoโ€™s actually Somali Somali like ethnically is usually taller. If you seen Xamar at least a 1/3 is Bantu maybe more. Thereโ€™s also shanshi reer Xamar ppl too in the mix too. I never seen these ppl be over 6ft.
I think youโ€™re exaggerating. No way thereโ€™s that many bantus in xamar.

Internet Nomad

VIP
Whatโ€™s with the constant ๐Ÿ’€ nowadays? I keep mistaking you for @Javelin
The ๐Ÿ’€ is such a versatile emoji. It could mean so many things in different scenarios.

For example
๐Ÿ’€ = Aint no way
๐Ÿ’€ = Im dead(as in this is too funny)
๐Ÿ’€= death(literal meaning)

Back home, I think most of the men I saw were 5'6-5'10. I'm 5'8, and would rarely encounter a man that towered over me. All diaspora born Somali males I see are 5'10 and up. I think it's the malnutrition in Somalia. Locals would even make jokes about how tall diaspora kids are.

As for South Korea, those stats are probably true. Masha-Allah. Tall Korean oppas. :rejoice:
Where are you from? Iโ€™m 6ft and I felt like a midget in Burtinle.

Edit: just saw that you already mentioned Hargeisa

Last edited:

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
The Dinaric subspecie of the South slavs are among the tallest on this earth... thats a fact and you guys know it!!!!

Trending

Latest posts