Tall men

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
poverty is the answer. my dad is 175 cm and i am 198cm.

Back in Somalia they're not actually very tall. I could swear the average is about 170-175cm. But this is clearly nutrition related cos you can also see they have lots of malocclusion, long, overly narrow, overly gracile faces that don't look like natural gracility but clearly due to poor development. In the diaspora like the Khaleej where I live it's fairly regular for guys to be at least 180cm. All the Somali guys I grew up with are 5'11 or above and we're all noticeably taller than our fathers. I'm about 184cm (6ft) and my dad's seemingly about 170-175cm (5'7-5'9). Once their nutrition's better the average height back home should increase quite a bit. Our pre-historic and ancient nomadic ancestors and close relatives, based on the archaeology, were quite tall all around, especially those Southern-Cushites. Giants...

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Is there a reason as to why they're taller, perhaps spefic certain diet ?
Over 50% of the population is still geeljire and eats geel,haruur,galay,digir and drink caano but of course they been slowly influenced by reer magaalo with their paasto

Last edited:
Back in Somalia they're not actually very tall. I could swear the average is about 170-175cm. But this is clearly nutrition related cos you can also see they have lots of malocclusion, long, overly narrow, overly gracile faces that don't look like natural gracility but clearly due to poor development. In the diaspora like the Khaleej where I live it's fairly regular for guys to be at least 180cm. All the Somali guys I grew up with are 5'11 or above and we're all noticeably taller than our fathers. I'm about 184cm (6ft) and my dad's seemingly about 170-175cm (5'7-5'9). Once their nutrition's better the average height back home should increase quite a bit. Our pre-historic and ancient nomadic ancestors and close relatives, based on the archaeology, were quite tall all around, especially those Southern-Cushites. Giants...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Im at the worst cross road i am at 182cm i am 1cm from 6ft. However if i wear casual sneakers i can reach 6ft1. So which number do i use. If i say 6ft i have the guilty conscience of lying about a 1cm. However when i am talking to most people outside irl they rarely ever meet me without my shoes on so to them i am 6ft/6ft1.
Bro 6ft is 182.88 cm, it's not even 1 full cm ur from 6ft.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Bro 6ft is 182.88 cm, it's not even 1 full cm ur from 6ft.
Kl im just gonna say 6’1 as 6’0 title has been claimed by 5’11s and 5’10s but then again why leave it on a odd number i should round it up to 6’2.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Somalis being tall in the West is a psyop. Most of the Somalis are of average height. A slim build can give the illusion of height

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Somalis being tall in the West is a psyop. Most of the Somalis are of average height. A slim build can give the illusion of height
How tall is the average Eritrean in the west?

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
nahhh, even swedes complain how tall every abdi are, most somali i've met were 6ft+ we deff not average

Last edited:
Environmental terrains also contribute to height. For instance, people who live or grow up in mountainous regions are usually shorter due to gravity. People who are usually on flat lands and who walk long distances are taller. So environment, food, and genes contribute to people's height and growth.

Trending