Taliban fire rockets during Eid prayers at Afghan presidential palace (Video)

i'm having a real hard time arguing against to this, but i legit believe that SNA will perform beter against AS then our Afgan counterpart

The FGS isn't filled with child molesting Warlords, we're just filled with 68 IQ ones.

Despite Afganistan being 100x more diverse than somalia there aren't any seperatist groups in the country and you won't believe it, but they can share power among themeselves wit or without foreign meddling
This is what I'm trying to tell people. We're not Afghans and Somalia is not Afghanistan. The sooner we realise this the better clear vision.

We should look at things the way they are and not what they seem to be.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Why has Somalia not bothered to infiltrate AS themselves?

Train spies or former AS fighters to join the group in order to provide the government knowledge on AS.

:mindblown:

reer

VIP
The difference between Assad and Gaddafi is that Assad is still loved by Syrians.

I have a Sunni friend from Aleppo, whose has relatives in the White Helmets but still supports Assad. He told me he was supportive of the rebels until he decided Assad was the lesser of two evils and their only protection from their regional rivals.
the difference is putin. if putin intervened in libya gaddafi might still be alive. syria is a defacto monarchy since hafez assad in 1970 and his son was being overthrown by rebels before putin had to step in. bashars record has been abysmal. he needed russians to add to the carnage to stay in power. somalis cant be trusted with the big toys. somalis harbor too much irredentist and anti colonial sentiment to be trusted. those weapons would be put to good use. no one wants that for somalis.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
This is what I'm trying to tell people. We're not Afghans and Somalia is not Afghanistan. The sooner we realise this the better clear vision.

We should look at things the way they are and not what they seem to be.
but there are undeniable problems that both countries face and there nothing from drawing parallel.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
the difference is putin. if putin intervened in libya gaddafi might still be alive. syria is a defacto monarchy since hafez assad in 1970 and his son was being overthrown by rebels before putin had to step in. bashars record has been abysmal. he needed russians to add to the carnage to stay in power. somalis cant be trusted with the big toys. somalis harbor too much irredentist and anti colonial sentiment to be trusted. those weapons would be put to good use. no one wants that for somalis.

I think Russia intervening gave an adrenaline shot to Assad but since then he's been running the show. I watched a few interviews and I'm surprised at how smart he is, seems very calm and calculated despite being an abhorrent mass murdering dictator.

As for Somalia, its pretty common knowledge that no country wants us to be at Kacaan level military strength again. Last time the superpowers let Somalia strengthen itself, we almost conquered our neighbour and waged a war of biblical proportions on our own populace

reer

VIP
I think Russia intervening gave an adrenaline shot to Assad but since then he's been running the show. I watched a few interviews and I'm surprised at how smart he is, seems very calm and calculated despite being an abhorrent mass murdering dictator.

As for Somalia, its pretty common knowledge that no country wants us to be at Kacaan level military strength again. Last time the superpowers let Somalia strengthen itself, we almost conquered our neighbour and waged a war of biblical proportions on our own populace
they did way more than an adrenaline boost. he needed syrian air force and russian air force and foreign shia fighters to go on a rampage. the destruction has been massive.
they care if we fight our neighbors. now they keep the embargo because monopoly over violence-->one side wins-->irredentists sieze power. somalia winning galbeed means those high terrain areas are easily accessible to us (from flat plains) while defensible high ground (jigjiga nogob etc) in an invasions. massive military advantage. and ethiopia cannot threaten water supply without wishing for a death sentence.
somalis cannot be trusted with that much power and being the largest country in africa. to britain that would be frightening.

People in this thread are missing a key thing.
Afghanistan is heavily tribalised. Taliban relies heavily on Pashtun people and they control pashtun areas.

The northen alliance, consisting mainly of tajiks and other ethnicities where able to keep Taliban out of their areas, the north. They have plans to regroup to fight taliban.

Trending

Latest posts