Take this personality test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that consistent with your first result? And if not, which description do you think matches you more?

I haven't taken this in a while so I forget how the questions are specifically formatted, but it was the first ever test I did on Myers Briggs and I think I had INTJ back then too. What were your percentages like? And do you think the description is off?
the questions were pretty similar to the 16personalities one, just fewer questions. I added the pics of my results. I dont think the description is completely off, usually, when i take the test I always either get INFJ or INTJ, Ive never gotten INFP, but i can connect most of the traits but it seems a bit too idealistic for me.
idk, but then again I don't tend to take personality tests like these ones too seriously.Personality is an ever-changing variable, seems odd to box it/ constrain it into certain types.

TooMacaan

VIP
the questions were pretty similar to the 16personalities one, just fewer questions. I added the pics of my results. I dont think the description is completely off, usually, when i take the test I always either get INFJ or INTJ, Ive never gotten INFP, but i can connect most of the traits but it seems a bit too idealistic for me.
idk, but then again I don't tend to take personality tests like these ones too seriously.Personality is an ever-changing variable, seems odd to box it/ constrain it into certain types.
Haha yea, Myers-Briggs isn't a scientifically valid test and may not work consistently for everyone I guess. I still enjoy it though, even knowing all that:zhqjlmx:, but sometimes I take it too far lol.

Haha yea, Myers-Briggs isn't a scientifically valid test and may not work consistently for everyone I guess. I still enjoy it though, even knowing all that:zhqjlmx:, but sometimes I take it too far lol.

I wouldnt be suprised if you pulled this test out on someone on the first date

lool I use to too! on quora I would always look at questions on my types and I would go on blogs all time, cryin "yes they get me!" :banderas:

TooMacaan

VIP
I wouldnt be suprised if you pulled this test out on someone on the first date
Looool, could you imagine?
tenor.gif

:drakekidding::drakekidding:I don't date but yea, I'd probably find a way to get the guy to do it sooner or later if I did. I just like to know things:zhqjlmx:. I made all my friends and family take it :icon lol::icon lol:
lool I use to too! on quora I would always look at questions on my types and I would go on blogs all time, cryin "yes they get me!" :banderas:
Yes! Quora is awesome for that stuff. Quora, the typology forums, Reddit, MBTI YouTube, and even Tumblr too...have you tried the enneagrams and the socionics tests?

black

live and let die.
You must be a very unhealthy INFP then.:bell:
So in denial of your true SJW nature that you've forced yourself to be a sexist, hardline fascist, bigot:susp:

Many faced God lol? I dunno, the fluidity may be a result of being able to see multiple perspectives perhaps..
Try reading through this and typing yourself if/when you have time:

(And maybe even this too lol: )

Everyone has two judging functions and two perceiving functions, to balance each other out, although in each pair one will be stronger/more preferred/default. One of each pair will be introverted, and one will be extroverted. So everyone will have one judging pair and one perceiving pair, organized differently in their function stack.

That puts things to perspective

Some of these tests aren't always 100% accurate and how you interpret the questions may also have an impact on your results.

I think it really comes down to this. I also tend to give very few definitive and quite a lot of impartial/neutral answers which fucks with the result I think. I went through the reddit posts and skimmed through the cognitive processes you linked to Tramo. Decided to take the test (humanmetrics) again. got ESTP. Decided to do it once more, slowly and think the answers through. Got ESTP again with largely the same results except extrovert dropping from 3% to 1%. Went back to 16 personalities and I got INTP-A which I'm sure is correct. I think it's fair to say I have a marginal difference intro/extroversion, leaning towards introversion. I can't make sense of how it concluded Sensing over Intuition. I'm 99% sure and I have most consistently been getting Intuition. Pretty sure I'm INTP, maybe ENTP.
:patrice:

upload_2017-5-21_22-38-0.png

upload_2017-5-21_22-46-53.png

TooMacaan

VIP
That puts things to perspective

I think it really comes down to this. I also tend to give very few definitive and quite a lot of impartial/neutral answers which fucks with the result I think. I went through the reddit posts and skimmed through the cognitive processes you linked to Tramo. Decided to take the test (humanmetrics) again. got ESTP. Decided to do it once more, slowly and think the answers through. Got ESTP again with largely the same results except extrovert dropping from 3% to 1%. Went back to 16 personalities and I got INTP-A which I'm sure is correct. I think it's fair to say I have a marginal difference intro/extroversion, leaning towards introversion. I can't make sense of how it concluded Sensing over Intuition. I'm 99% sure and I have most consistently been getting Intuition. Pretty sure I'm INTP, maybe ENTP.
:patrice:

View attachment 18873

View attachment 18874
1st bolded:
:ohhh::ohhh:It all makes sense now. :ufdup:Improve your fence sitting habit sxb.

2nd bolded:
:damn:You're potentially an ESTP?? Not that I believe in generalizing people/types...but whenever I see ESTP, I think of one of my earliest introductions into the MBTI world on YT, and the guy who owned the channel belonged to that group. Crazy guy, but an interesting(and actually informative) character too lol.

3rd bolded: hmm, if you've skimmed through most of that stuff and still conclude INTP then it's probably likely that's what you are. They share the same functions though (just in a slightly different order) so that's probably why the mix up...and the fact that you said the difference between your I/E results were marginal makes it even more complicated to distinguish which one you are as well(since ENTPs are known to be pretty introverted...as far as extroverts go). I initially got ENTP vibes from you but then again this is the internet.
As for why you may be scoring S instead of N, it could just be that you're mistaking some of the Sensing/iNtuitive questions for Feeling vs. Thinking. I don't really know how to articulate this but if the questions aren't worded very well or they are misinterpreted, you may end up using your Feeling function (for example) to answer a question that's intended to gauge your iNtuitive because you thought it was actually asking about your emotion (such as statements like: "Generally speaking, you rely more on your experience than your imagination"). <<Pretty certain that quoted statement (and others like it) were intended to measure iNtuitive function but if the X-person interprets "experience" as referring to 'instincts', then they'll probably be more likely to end up scoring as Sensing because "experience" is actually referring to real events that have occured. Don't know if that last bit made sense but I tried lol (I've also read that some NTs accidentally get typed as STs for this very reason).

If you're not already tired of reading about this stuff:icon lol::icon lol::
http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2013/08/the-difference-between-intp-and-entp/

http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-pri...nces-between-entp-and-intp-personality-types/

Looool, could you imagine?
tenor.gif

:drakekidding::drakekidding:I don't date but yea, I'd probably find a way to get the guy to do it sooner or later if I did. I just like to know things:zhqjlmx:. I made all my friends and family take it :icon lol::icon lol:

Yes! Quora is awesome for that stuff. Quora, the typology forums, Reddit, MBTI YouTube, and even Tumblr too...have you tried the enneagrams and the socionics tests?
never heard of either of those tests but I just took them heres my results.
Enneagrams
Type 5 - 12.7
Type 9 - 11.7
Type 6 - 10.4
Type 3 - 7
Type 7 - 6
Type 4 - 5.7
for wings I got 5w6

Socionics tests ( didnt really like this one..it was a bit weird and some had different layouts)
INTp

What were your results?

black

live and let die.
1st bolded:
:ohhh::ohhh:It all makes sense now. :ufdup:Improve your fence sitting habit sxb.

2nd bolded:
:damn:You're potentially an ESTP?? Not that I believe in generalizing people/types...but whenever I see ESTP, I think of one of my earliest introductions into the MBTI world on YT, and the guy who owned the channel belonged to that group. Crazy guy, but an interesting(and actually informative) character too lol.

3rd bolded: hmm, if you've skimmed through most of that stuff and still conclude INTP then it's probably likely that's what you are. They share the same functions though (just in a slightly different order) so that's probably why the mix up...and the fact that you said the difference between your I/E results were marginal makes it even more complicated to distinguish which one you are as well(since ENTPs are known to be pretty introverted...as far as extroverts go). I initially got ENTP vibes from you but then again this is the internet.
As for why you may be scoring S instead of N, it could just be that you're mistaking some of the Sensing/iNtuitive questions for Feeling vs. Thinking. I don't really know how to articulate this but if the questions aren't worded very well or they are misinterpreted, you may end up using your Feeling function (for example) to answer a question that's intended to gauge your iNtuitive because you thought it was actually asking about your emotion (such as statements like: "Generally speaking, you rely more on your experience than your imagination"). <<Pretty certain that quoted statement (and others like it) were intended to measure iNtuitive function but if the X-person interprets "experience" as referring to 'instincts', then they'll probably be more likely to end up scoring as Sensing because "experience" is actually referring to real events that have occured. Don't know if that last bit made sense but I tried lol (I've also read that some NTs accidentally get typed as STs for this very reason).

If you're not already tired of reading about this stuff:icon lol::icon lol::
http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2013/08/the-difference-between-intp-and-entp/

http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-pri...nces-between-entp-and-intp-personality-types/

:mindblown: People are too excited about this! The author of the second article has entire books on specific personality types. And people are buying (and presumably reading) them. :damn: She even randomly tags some social media posts with personality types. :dead:

Anyway, from the second article,10-8 to INTP. Maybe even 9-9 because I'm on the fence for a few( :ohno: ). I'm leaning to INTP, especially because of:
ENTPs are often excited by personality theory and may immediately consider or ‘try on’ different types for size. INTPs are often skeptical of personality theory and will only begin to trust it once they consistently test as an INTP across various tests and assessments.
I'm starting to think the whole thing is bogus after all. Like she's baiting me into delving deeper... and buy her book :notsureif:

Then again (1st article):
The INTP, on the other hand, is at heart a judgment type. With them, the focus is on taking those same abstract observations and ordering and systematizing them internally so that all these observations make sense in their own heads.

If it's one thing that has been (somewhat) consistent, it's scoring P>J. Even if I go through the superficial definition of Judging vs Perceiving, I instantly lean towards Perceiving.

TooMacaan

VIP
never heard of either of those tests but I just took them heres my results.
Enneagrams
Type 5 - 12.7
Type 9 - 11.7
Type 6 - 10.4
Type 3 - 7
Type 7 - 6
Type 4 - 5.7
for wings I got 5w6

Socionics tests ( didnt really like this one..it was a bit weird and some had different layouts)
INTp

What were your results?
I just took it right now and got this:
Type 5 - 12.3
Type 6 - 11.4
Type 1 - 10.7
Type 4 - 8.4
Type 2 - 8
Type 9 - 7.7
Type 3 - 7.4
For wings, I got 5w6; same as you! (the one that I usually got in the past was 5w4 though, so it's changed)

Which site did you use for Socionics? And yea, Socionics is kind of weird...it's almost the reverse of Myers-Briggs but it uses the same terms so it's very confusing to use. An INFJ in Myers-Briggs is supposedly meant to translate to an INFp in Socionics but I didn't get that result when I did it.
I did the quiz on this site: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/
I got EII-2Ne INFj
And 3 next likely possibilities were:
1. IEE (ENFp): 87% as likely as EII.
2. LII (INTj): 85% as likely as EII.
3. ILE (ENTp): 63% as likely as EII.

TooMacaan

VIP
:mindblown: People are too excited about this! The author of the second article has entire books on specific personality types. And people are buying (and presumably reading) them. :damn: She even randomly tags some social media posts with personality types. :dead:
Haha yea, it can become an obsession...in fact, I think there are real life communities/clubs for this. I wasn't aware of the social media and tagging stuff though, I just chose that article because it was more simple and light hearted-ish.
Anyway, from the second article,10-8 to INTP. Maybe even 9-9 because I'm on the fence for a few( :ohno: ). I'm leaning to INTP, especially because of:

I'm starting to think the whole thing is bogus after all. Like she's baiting me into delving deeper... and buy her book :notsureif:

Then again (1st article):

If it's one thing that has been (somewhat) consistent, it's scoring P>J. Even if I go through the superficial definition of Judging vs Perceiving, I instantly lean towards Perceiving.
:yacadiim::faysalwtf:Okay, you know what-- to prevent myself from being triggered any further...I'll just refer to you as xNTP until you totally figure it out. Perceiving function(Se, Si, Ne, Ni) is the observant/reflective one which takes in lots of info and the judging function(Ti, Te, Fi, Fe) is the one that tends to process info and likes structure/organization I think. I don't get how people score high on P tbh, I've consistently gotten a dominant J with the exception of one time. The part where you quote the 1st article that says "INTP is judgment type at heart" and go on later to say you "lean towards Perceiving" confused me...what did you mean?

black

live and let die.
Haha yea, it can become an obsession...in fact, I think there are real life communities/clubs for this. I wasn't aware of the social media and tagging stuff though, I just chose that article because it was more simple and light hearted-ish.
I can tell you're knee-deep in this. :browtf: As for the social media, i know lol. I was curious and just clicked
:yacadiim::faysalwtf:Okay, you know what-- to prevent myself from being triggered any further...I'll just refer to you as xNTP until you totally figure it out. Perceiving function(Se, Si, Ne, Ni) is the observant/reflective one which takes in lots of info and the judging function(Ti, Te, Fi, Fe) is the one that tends to process info and likes structure/organization I think. I don't get how people score high on P tbh, I've consistently gotten a dominant J with the exception of one time. The part where you quote the 1st article that says "INTP is judgment type at heart" and go on later to say you "lean towards Perceiving" confused me...what did you mean?

:ayaanswag: Iga ralahow. Ignore that part, I confused myself. I was thinking it implied INTP leans towards Judging over Perception, but that would make me INTJ so I misunderstood that paragraph. Woops. I am definitely probaly INTP maybe.

ENTP, INTP, ESTP :drakekidding: A month from now I won't even remember, you'll see me post some random abbreviation on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts