T-M184 Discussion

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
This thread will be dedicated to finding out more information about this haplogroup.

I found this website, it showcases different T1a subclades people carry and which courtesies they originate from.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/T/

After scowling down a bit on the website, I saw that a Somali posted his results onto here as well.

T haplogroup subclade.PNG

This made the whole T1a mystery in Somalis even more mysterious. I originally thought that the subclade Somali males carried was from the original Afro-Asiatic migration to the Horn.

But, sicne a Saudi Arabian carries the same subclade, that practically destroys that theory. This indicates a more recent origin. Possibly as early as 2000 years ago since that's when the shared paternal ancestor of all T1a Dir/Gaxajis lived. A recent Middle Eastern ancestry (we wuz sultantz origin).

Oversally, I can be totally wrong. And that's why I made this thread! So we can discuss the origins of T1a in Somalis. I want to read what you guys think as well, it's pretty interesting.

Unless a more representative sample is tested, we won't know. I thought T1a was recent as well, but why do Southern Cushites in Tanzania and Kenya have it then?

Timo Jareer and proud

Unless a more representative sample is tested, we won't know. I thought T1a was recent as well, but why do Southern Cushites in Tanzania and Kenya have it then?
That's what makes it even more confusing. I don't know exactly what subclade they carry but if it is the same as it, it makes thing 10x more confusing. :noneck:

World

VIP
I don’t know why people give a shit about haplogroups, that’s so 2009

I’m not interested in anything other than autosomal dna

Because there's quite of lot of mystery still left in haplogroups, particularly in T-M70. Autosomal DNA is subjective and can be different depending on who is testing the DNA samples. Just look at the difference between the DNA predictions of 23andMe and AncestryDNA.

One tells you that you're 99% Somali (no shit), and the other tells you that you are 35% South-East Bantu. Pure nonsense. And the proper deep autosomal DNA testing is not financially viable.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Am not buying another arab daddy myth, besides it could be a coincidence

Anyhow other cushites carry the haplogroup its found throughout north Africa and the horn

The specific subclade might have made its way in to other parts of the afro asiatic family who knows

Timo Jareer and proud

Autosomal data is boring af.

Ok, I am 50% wild Nilo, 40% horny North African, and 10% cucked Hunter Gatherer how fascinating!

giphy.gif

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Well I don’t think we are that low in numbers. From all the studies I’ve seen it goes from 7,5% to >30% among Somalis, maybe depending on the location ?
But the more northwestern you go, to greater T1a is in number
T1a is truly fant1astic!

Timo Jareer and proud

Well I don’t think we are that low in numbers. From all the studies I’ve seen it goes from 7,5% to >30% among Somalis, maybe depending on the location ?
But the more northwestern you go, to greater T1a is in number
It's up to 100% in Djiboutians. I have ot at 80%! :mjcry:

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
We should lobby 23andMe to put the T-BY181210 mutation on their system. So Somalis know they got the Somali version of T and not other ones.

They currently stop at uninformative T-L208.
Do you know the clans of the samples listed on Y full ?

Trending