Syrian man’s family is against him marrying a Somali woman. Is it racism?

reer

VIP
"It's a preference" will always be a cope. Just own the fact that you're racist in some form.

As for Bantus, etc. so long as he's a devoted Muslim, denying him for his race is well, obviously racist. Just own what you are, like I said. But remember that being a racist contradicts Islamic teachings. (At least going by that link.)

Which is why I find it both funny and sad when an Arab gets racist. Like shouldn't he of all people remember that faith trumps race? But I guess not after all, especially going by the Arab bootyclappers that would agree with him. 🤷
How exactly did you know I was racist? For me, I see a difference between “preference” and “disapproval.” I prefer that my son marry a Somali woman, but does that necessarily mean rejection? No, I don't think so. For me, if the girl is a conservative Muslim, then I agree with that, and this is what he saw

Yes, I agree with you here. There is no reason to reject a Somali Bantu if he is a conservative Muslim and has the financial means. As for the links you sent, they do not only talk about racism. Rather, Islam is not anyone’s race or religion, and the majority of the prophets and messengers were not Arabs, but their message was Islam, so the argument that it is “some ethnic religion” is incorrect.

Why only Arabs and not the rest of Islamic societies? I don't understand why you necessarily want to make Arabs the face of Islam. I also said that religion applies to Arabs and non-Arabs. There are racist Arabs, and there are also conservative Arabs who reject that. The same applies to the rest of Islamic societies, however my main topic was religion itself

you are allowed to reject someone based on qabiil/race it doesnt make you racist shafi madhab permits you to want to have compatible lineage in marriage.

Yes you are.

Darood.

It’s like a Habr Awal saying he isn’t the same qabil as a Habr Jeclo.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What is this white liberal nonsense gussied up as Islam? According to many rulings of the knowledgeable it’s not disallowed to reject a suitor based on their ethnicity or whatever.

this is London Fried Chicken Shop Salafi bs.
You MFs can't even agree on this shit and you're trying to justify your racism? lol I'm dead.

reer

VIP
Yes it does. Better to own it than cower away from this fact. And if Islam supposedly allows it, then no wonder you let Arabs dunk on you. 🤦‍♂️
shafici madhab.

That compatibility [in lineage] is a right for the wife and guardians, so if they drop it, they have that right and the marriage is valid. This is the doctrine of the majority of jurists, including the Hanafi and Shafi’i schools, and it is the one approved by the Hanbalis.

shafici madhab.

So racism is okay in Islam? Got it. 👍
Just sad that you let someone look down on you if you both supposedly practice the same religion. But at long as that is allowed I guess...

are imam shafici and ahmed racist? i feel you wanna say yes due to your american fiqh. :mjpls:
American? Nah.
And I don't know what those are but you're basically saying that Islam is racist but are too cowardly too admit it like you're gonna get cancelled or something. lol Now that's some American behaviour.

Also I came across this in Islam QA.

"Firstly, a woman should not go out looking for her own marriage partner, in which she gets entangled in such situations. these things are best left to the parents who know about compatibility and suitability issues due to their experience.

It would not be regarded as racism, but rather looking for the best interests of the child. A person should not be entangles in a love situation like this in the first place.

Nobody is tellin the sisters to delay their marriages. Rather, if a suitable match is present under the rulings of Kafaa’at, then she should proceed with the permission of her parents to marry such a person.

The situation in the UK has become disgusting in which young boys and girls set out looking for their own partners, and get entangled in illicit and Haraam relationships, and then face difficulties intrying to earn their parents blessings. Everything is good if the timing and situation is correct. It is not the individuals responsibility to start doing this at their workplace or at university, free-mixing, looking for their own marriage partners.

This has becomes a very sad situation as it may be seen at many universities, in which so called practising Muslim sisters with Hijaabs, and brothers with beards, free mix, sit and eat together, and socialize, thinking there exists no ill thought. But Shaytaan takes full advantage of this situation and then matters become worst.

May Allah save us from all the fitnah."

🤣 If dude is so afraid of racemixing, he shouldn't have come to a western country.

reer

VIP
American? Nah.
And I don't know what those are but you're basically saying that Islam is racist but are too cowardly too admit it like you're gonna get cancelled or something. lol Now that's some American behaviour.

Also I came across this in Islam QA.

"Firstly, a woman should not go out looking for her own marriage partner, in which she gets entangled in such situations. these things are best left to the parents who know about compatibility and suitability issues due to their experience.

It would not be regarded as racism, but rather looking for the best interests of the child. A person should not be entangles in a love situation like this in the first place.

Nobody is tellin the sisters to delay their marriages. Rather, if a suitable match is present under the rulings of Kafaa’at, then she should proceed with the permission of her parents to marry such a person.

The situation in the UK has become disgusting in which young boys and girls set out looking for their own partners, and get entangled in illicit and Haraam relationships, and then face difficulties intrying to earn their parents blessings. Everything is good if the timing and situation is correct. It is not the individuals responsibility to start doing this at their workplace or at university, free-mixing, looking for their own marriage partners.

This has becomes a very sad situation as it may be seen at many universities, in which so called practising Muslim sisters with Hijaabs, and brothers with beards, free mix, sit and eat together, and socialize, thinking there exists no ill thought. But Shaytaan takes full advantage of this situation and then matters become worst.

May Allah save us from all the fitnah."

🤣 If dude is so afraid of racemixing, he shouldn't have come to a western country.

i dont see much wrong. rejecting racemixing for your daughter isnt automatically racist. i would even reject multiple somalis based on qabiil for my daughter.

i dont see much wrong. rejecting racemixing for your daughter isnt automatically racist. i would even reject multiple somalis based on qabiil for my daughter.
What you're saying is the literal definition of racism. Just rather you own it and say that Islam is okay with racism, instead of cowering away.

Last edited:
You’re taking it too far. Somalis who reject based on qabil are jahil and cause of fitnah especially in this day and age in which people live outside their towns in Somalia and live in the West. You’re just limiting your daughters marriage pool for a good Farax. Parents like that end up having fed up kids who will run to ajnabis.

reer

VIP
What you're saying is the literal definition of racism. Just rather you own it and say that Islam is okay with it, instead of cowering away.
ileen i was arguing with a gaal. wasted my time.

You’re taking it too far. Somalis who reject based on qabil are jahil and cause of fitnah especially in this day and age in which people live outside their towns in Somalia and live in the West. You’re just limiting your daughters marriage pool for a good Farax. Parents like that end up having fed up kids who will run to ajnabis.
honestly i dont want grandkids to be from many qabiils.

Let me correct you. Anyone outside your sub-tribe. Your tribe is Darood, your sub-tribe is Ogaden.
talking about qabiil without saying your qabiil. me and that dude are different qabiils.

Last edited:
It is racism but people do it all the time and it’s not going away any time soon. Somalis do it too

If you want to marry out, make sure the family you’re marrying into accepts you with open arms. It’s not worth it otherwise

ileen i was arguing with a gaal. wasted my time.

honestly i dont want grandkids to be from many qabiils.
That was only possible because your family were raised in one town or surrounding areas. How are you in the West and think all your kids are going to bring the same qabil? What crack are you smoking? What happens if your daughter lets say brings an Isaaq or Hawiye? You’re saying no? That’s not a legitimate reason at all especially not in this day and age in which Somalis have a limited pool.

Under other circumstances like us all being back home, I wouldn’t care about your mindset. Because your kids wouldn’t need to marry out of the qabil. They’re in their hometown, but finding a decent spouse you’re interested in and attracted to in the West is hard especially for girls since they don’t want to go back and there being a limited pool and it will be even less pickings if they have a father that moves like that.

talking about qabiil without saying your qabiil. me and that dude are different qabiils.
You’re the same! Darood unite!

Last edited:

Trending