Syrian man’s family is against him marrying a Somali woman. Is it racism?

It is racist but It’s all the isms/ist as well.

Colour/age/body type/job/hair type/height are considered when looking for a partner.

You even have people judging even accent, I won’t lie Liverpool accent is dead.

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities
It is racism but people do it all the time and it’s not going away any time soon. Somalis do it too

If you want to marry out, make sure the family you’re marrying into accepts you with open arms. It’s not worth it otherwise
pretty much sums it up, it's not allowed to reject your daughter to marry someone based on ethnicity but that doesen't mean the vast majority of people don't do it, and not all of it stems from racism, maybe there is cultural incompatibility, I wouldn't want my daughter marrying a kazakh because of the cultural differences, and because of what would happen if they divorced and what would happen to the kids, but if he is a good muslim and person and i have properly vetted him from all possible angles, I would allow it. Some parents (especially 1st generation immigrants) skip that last part, which isn't good yet some people are saying that this makes islam racist.

yeah as in some parents disregard that part regardless of whether or not it's halal, some parents acting this way dosen't make islam racist
Seems like people here are reeeallly flip flopping on whether that kind of racism is okay in Islam. I agree that Islam shouldn't allow it.

Daydreamer

Seems like people here are reeeallly flip flopping on whether that kind of racism is okay in Islam. I agree that Islam shouldn't allow it.
that's their own personal bias, even i have my own i.e i wouldn't want my daughter to marry a jamaican revert based on their bad reputation

reer

VIP
That was only possible because your family were raised in one town or surrounding areas. How are you in the West and think all your kids are going to bring the same qabil? What crack are you smoking? What happens if your daughter lets say brings an Isaaq or Hawiye? You’re saying no? That’s not a legitimate reason at all especially not in this day and age in which Somalis have a limited pool.

Under other circumstances like us all being back home, I wouldn’t care about your mindset. Because your kids wouldn’t need to marry out of the qabil. They’re in their hometown, but finding a decent spouse you’re interested in and attracted to in the West is hard especially for girls since they don’t want to go back and there being a limited pool and it will be even less pickings if they have a father that moves like that.

You’re the same! Darood unite!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Racism isn't allowed in Islam. It's explicitly stated in the Quran. Yeah, Muslims can behave sh*tty sometimes and the overarching community could very much have a race problem, but it wouldn't change what's legislated in Islam.

"O humanity! Indeed, We created you from a male and a female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you may ˹get to˺ know one another. Surely the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous among you. Allah is truly All-Knowing, All-Aware" (49:13)

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a White has no superiority over a Black nor a Black has any superiority over a White except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly."
-from the Last Sermon delivered by the Prophet (SWT)​

You can read the full sermon here:

you are allowed to reject someone based on qabiil/race it doesnt make you racist shafi madhab permits you to want to have compatible lineage in marriage.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What you said is actually true. When I went back to research that, I really wanted to fully detail the issue and bring in the opinions of scholars, but I didn’t have time, so my second and third response, I think, is correct,@Burqad

Daydreamer

Racism isn't allowed in Islam. It's explicitly stated in the Quran. Yeah, Muslims can behave sh*tty sometimes and the overarching community could very much have a race problem, but it wouldn't change what's legislated in Islam.

"O humanity! Indeed, We created you from a male and a female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you may ˹get to˺ know one another. Surely the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous among you. Allah is truly All-Knowing, All-Aware" (49:13)

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a White has no superiority over a Black nor a Black has any superiority over a White except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly."
-from the Last Sermon delivered by the Prophet (SWT)​

You can read the full sermon here:
it's so obvious i'm appaled we're discussing this shit :what1:

He doesn't know how to argue his viewpoint as a murtad, it's weird.

Don't pick fights you can't win, I thought that was common sense.
I don’t think this kids Somali more likely a ajnabi an average Somali has more knowledge on the deen than him .
His whole talking point is Islam is Arab religion and you’re racist if you wanna marry amongst yourself

I don’t think this kids Somali more likely a ajnabi an average Somali has more knowledge on the deen than him .
His whole talking point is Islam is Arab religion and you’re racist if you wanna marry amongst yourself
Who knows? I personally don't like to spend much time speculating on who's a troll/larper myself. I just brush it off and chill.
Relaxing Amazon GIF by Saltburn

it's so obvious i'm appaled we're discussing this shit :what1:
Those points are retarded to be honest when linked with the usual viewpoints here. So let me get this straight, you lot subscribe to the "separate but equal" shit that Jim Crow tried to force on others back in the day? 🤣 "You can be my friend but don't you dare think of marrying my daughter you filthy [slur]"

Trending