Sultanates/Kingdoms or Republics.

Sultanates/Kingdoms or Republic.

• Total voters

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
If the scramble for Africa never took place would you support a Sultanate of your qabil only.

And one day we would become a federation sultanates like the UAE.

We all know colonialism was the reason why we are in turmoil right now.

So would it be smart if we reverted back to the old ways and gain that sense of nostalgia again.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Somalis in general have more respect for suldaanado rather than republics.
A sultanate version of Switzerland's presidency would make more sense to our people than this fugazi democracy. The presidency of 8 sultans/boqor/garaado can go to the biggest tribes and the governorship can go to the smaller tribes. The governors can recruit the best minds with great ideas to their team and the presidency can discuss it out like a board meeting on who will be the ministers. The ministerial positions should be qabiil-neutral and on the basis that whoever has the best vision that will benefit the country the most will occupy the ministry of that field that the person is the best at. The ministry will keep recruiting the best guys for that mission.
However without a corruption inspectors, this thing would collapse with chaotic results

Somali Hannibal

I stay solo cruising
Sooner or later we
Somalis in general have more respect for suldaanado rather than republics.
A sultanate version of Switzerland's presidency would make more sense to our people than this fugazi democracy. The presidency of 8 sultans/boqor/garaado can go to the biggest tribes and the governorship can go to the smaller tribes. The governors can recruit the best minds with great ideas to their team and the presidency can discuss it out like a board meeting on who will be the ministers. The ministerial positions should be qabiil-neutral and on the basis that whoever has the best vision that will benefit the country the most will occupy the ministry of that field that the person is the best at. The ministry will keep recruiting the best guys for that mission.
However without a corruption inspectors, this thing would collapse with chaotic results
Write an essay on this

Abaq

VIP
Democracy is too chaotic for us. We need to return to our sultanates like the khaleejis. That's the only way we will have stability.

Invader

Democracy is too chaotic for us. We need to return to our sultanates like the khaleejis. That's the only way we will have stability.
Proper elections haven't been held since 1969.

We all know people are voting based on the canditate's qabil.

Instead of fighting tribalism we have to live with it.

I support Sultanates alot because of the history we gained.

Sea-faring merchants to Quick-thinking explorers and the mind of the scholars had all turn to dust.

Weren't we the greatest poets of our time.

The Italians/Brits/French have stuck us together like this.

With one qabil having supremacy over others.

Can't we be like Malaysia's government:salute:

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant

Sea-faring merchants to Quick-thinking explorers and the mind of the scholars had all turn to dust.

Malaysia how

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Definitely best solution is to revert to old pre-colonial independent rules but don't agree with khaleej or Switzerland or other types of grouping together only strict independent nations period, some have a unhealthy obsession with one nation somalia BS Balkanisation is only solution.

How will that work? After 5 years the sub sub clans will start fighting over the throne and some will declare themselves as sultanates:nahgirl:

Abaq

VIP

Those elections in the 60s were highly corrupt and full of qabyaalad. In NFD where they hold elections every 5 years, the elections are also very corrupt and glorified qabyaalad. Democracy simply doesn't work for Somalis.

We need to return to our culture and traditions. Our sultans/garaads/boqors always ruled and we had stability. Our culture was preserved and we were successful. We need to give up on this colonial experiment and return to our roots.

Abaq

VIP
How will that work? After 5 years the sub sub clans will start fighting over the throne and some will declare themselves as sultanates:nahgirl:
Traditionally only one subclan had the kingship. Like how Bah Dir of Cusmaan Maxamuud always inherits the throne of MJ and all other MJs accept that.

Traditionally only one subclan had the kingship. Like how Bah Dir of Cusmaan Maxamuud always inherits the throne of MJ and all other MJs accept that.
MJ is only one subclan what about the others? Some subclans would never let another one be ugaas or suldaan:manny:

Invader

MJ is only one subclan what about the others? Some subclans would never let another one be ugaas or suldaan:manny:
Warsangelis were always their own Sultanate Britain just done them dirty .

Idk about the Dhulos though.

Abaq

VIP
OG subclans each had their own sultans but then had a paramount sultan who ruled the council of sultans. I don't know what other clans did but I'm sure they had something similar

Invader

OG subclans each had their own sultans but then had a paramount sultan who ruled the council of sultans. I don't know what other clans did but I'm sure they had something similar
HY HJ and HA had their own sultanates. I despise the treaty they signed with Britain.

They got scammed when they were stuck together and ruled from Xamar.

Abaq

VIP
HY HJ and HA had their own sultanates. I despise the treaty they signed with Britain.

They got scammed when they were stuck together and ruled from Xamar.
So it wouldn't be too difficult for the three to agree on a grand Isaaq Sultan on a rotating basis.

EDIT: actually wasn't Ciidagale the historic sultans of all of Isaaq?

reer

VIP
somalis tend to accept hereditary leadership from ugaasyo sultan etc in their own clans
xil la dhaxlo on a national scale won't work somalis won't accept that

Trending