Suicide is the leading cause of death for young men

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
We are not talking about solutions

This is a reflection on a societal problem: why are young men from various backgrounds killing them selves?

Why are you focusing on just young men? Both men and women commit suicide at the same rate, just men are more effective.

Muji

VIP
It's natural selection. In this world in every animal culture and structure, there's a hierarchy. In this hierarchy, there are people at the top with all the goods and people at the bottom who have less of everything. (Not only in material goods but also biological disposition).

People who take their life are people who have inherited unfavorable traits and have harder acclimating to the social structure we are expected to excel at.

We are dysfunctional human beings that have created a dysfunctional society and continue to perpetuate this process in the name of trends created by the market, which further defines the culture.

My advice to young men is to accept this and develop traits that will help you move up socioeconomically. Don't waste time feeling sorry for yourselves. Stand up tall, don't look back and learn from your mistakes. Life is too short for any nonsense.

Wealthy men are not killing themselves?? Lol

It’s precisely this stoicism that is leading men to suffer in silence

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Show me the data!

I am actually a little off, women attempt 3 times as much as men, but men die more because they are more likely to use more lethal methods;

Gender Differences Suicide Attempt and the Risk of Death
In reviewing suicide statistics it's been found that women are roughly three times more likely to attempt suicide, though men are around three times more likely to die from suicide. From this information, it is clear that there are other important differences between the sexes with regard to suicide that we will address.

One of the most important reasons for the difference between suicide attempts and completed suicides between men and women is the method of suicide used. Men tend to choose violent (more lethal) suicide methods, such as firearms, hanging, and asphyxiation, whereas women are more likely to overdose on medications or drugs.

https://www.verywellmind.com/gender-differences-in-suicide-methods-1067508

Muji

VIP
I am actually a little off, women attempt 3 times as much as men, but men die more because they are more likely to use more lethal methods;

Gender Differences Suicide Attempt and the Risk of Death
In reviewing suicide statistics it's been found that women are roughly three times more likely to attempt suicide, though men are around three times more likely to die from suicide. From this information, it is clear that there are other important differences between the sexes with regard to suicide that we will address.

One of the most important reasons for the difference between suicide attempts and completed suicides between men and women is the method of suicide used. Men tend to choose violent (more lethal) suicide methods, such as firearms, hanging, and asphyxiation, whereas women are more likely to overdose on medications or drugs.

https://www.verywellmind.com/gender-differences-in-suicide-methods-1067508

Not interested in that cesspit- called the US

Ugaaso

Deni

This is a reflection on a societal problem: why are young men from various backgrounds killing them selves?

Well, solutions are always welcome!

Moving on,
I believe young men suppress their emotions because they're afraid someone might see their vulnerability and say "Real man don't cry" or "toughen up" they might even be referred to as "pussies or es" and this builds up a wall.
Another factor for suicide is bullying which is often carried out by young men against other young men.

Last edited:

Solution is the acceptance of islam
لااله الاالله محمد الرسول الله
For them to leave their heathen indulgence of pleasures and accept the law of islam.

Wealthy men are not killing themselves?? Lol

It’s precisely this stoicism that is leading men to suffer in silence
Suffering is necessary in this world. It has made us the best adaptable creatures in the animal kingdom.

Getting rid of suffering should not be the main focus. But to develop high pain tolerance, so the individual can get through any adversity.

The most effective way to tackle this suicide phenomenon is to ensure a good environment for children, have good parents, give them access to fundamental material needs, and make sure they are actively participating in the socialization process amongst other children. Most problems young adults faces stems from dysfunctional early childhood.

On the topic of billionaires killing themselves might be just a genetic thing. Some types of mood disorders and depressions (especially the serious ones) are rooted in family history. Some people might be predisposed to becoming depressed because of genetic determinism. Or an individual may have deficiencies in brain chemistry caused in brain development. But the symptoms generally manifest long after birth, usually in early adulthood.

The typical billionaire taking suicide might have a range of different factors as to why the individual took his life, so we have to look at it from a case by case and study the specific personal background.

Puffin Stuff

Cheating death in berbera
It’s nothing new it’s been happening forever it’s natures way of culling the defective :manny: in all seriousness I hope this stops after a couple of years, you tend to run out of genuinely incompetent and defective canon fodder :wowsweat: who’s going to clean your toilet and die fighting your wars?:jcoleno:

Puffin Stuff

Suffering is necessary in this world. It has made us the best adaptable creatures in the animal kingdom.

Getting rid of suffering should not be the main focus. But to develop high pain tolerance, so the individual can get through any adversity.

The most effective way to tackle this suicide phenomenon is to ensure a good environment for children, have good parents, give them access to fundamental material needs, and make sure they are actively participating in the socialization process amongst other children. Most problems young adults faces stems from dysfunctional early childhood.

On the topic of billionaires killing themselves might be just a genetic thing. Some types of mood disorders and depressions (especially the serious ones) are rooted in family history. Some people might be predisposed to becoming depressed because of genetic determinism. Or an individual may have deficiencies in brain chemistry caused in brain development. But the symptoms generally manifest long after birth, usually in early adulthood.

The typical billionaire taking suicide might have a range of different factors as to why the individual took his life, so we have to look at it from a case by case and study the specific personal background.

It is evident that people with wealth generally suffer less from mental illness as of the populace. So I don't buy the myth that rich people are miserable like many poor people often say.
Stoicism isn’t the problem it’s a philosophy that helps nutcases it’s trying to appear stoic but not following the philosophy that’s the problem

Stoicism isn’t the problem it’s a philosophy that helps nutcases it’s trying to appear stoic but not following the philosophy that’s the problem
Interesting. All I know about the Stoic philosophy is that they base everything on the natural law of nature, and virtue.

I know the definition of the word but never read on it.

Puffin Stuff

Interesting. All I know about the Stoic philosophy is that they base everything on the natural law of nature, and virtue.

I know the definition of the word but never read on it.
Stoicism is effective both at preventing and treating some forms of depression and anxiety. By teaching the patient that they can always be in control of their own mental state, the patient can use stoic discipline to become resistant to emotional disturbances.
I can see why some say it’s to blame if you look at one of depressions biggest affects
  • Blunted affect is a common symptom of depression. When one is required to suppress their emotions just to get on with day to day living, it's hardly surprising that a blank expression becomes second nature. Depression doesn't always involve feelings of sadness either, and those afflicted by this expression of depression can appear to others, and feel themselves to be, emotionless.
These people are in a sense emotionally retarded because of depression they can’t turn it off it’s literally a permanent state

Stoics see excess emotion as negative because it can control a person's life. They believed using logic and reason to determine their life led to greater happiness.

Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius Antoninus. His writings, collected into a book called "Meditations" are considered the best introductory book into the Stoic philosophy if your interested it should be on amazon

Muji

VIP
It’s nothing new it’s been happening forever it’s natures way of culling the defective :manny: in all seriousness I hope this stops after a couple of years, you tend to run out of genuinely incompetent and defective canon fodder :wowsweat: who’s going to clean your toilet and die fighting your wars?:jcoleno:

What a nasty viscous thing to say

Shame on you

Suicide is a coward's way out. no buts about it!!
I will never feel sympathy with a person who commits suicide, such person has not only hurt himself but also everyone that cared about him.

It's absolutely cowardice, and only a path for loser to take. A real person will always find a way to change their life for the better, or escape to a far place to start a new life.

Puffin Stuff

Knowles cut the bull shit no one knows your stance on suicide but it’s a high probability it’s some apologetic government should pay repetrations to the “victims” family crap

“and shame on you”

Nin-culus

Laandheer
whats going on?

Let’s steer away from gender bashing and talking about why men are killing themselves at such a high rate

Could it be due to the lack of support men receive from wider society? Men, do you think find it hard to share your emotions?

Funny that you mention therapy:siilaanyosmile:

I had my fair share of madness in life still I never considered suicide/self harm. I think its a lack of raganimo that's at the root of this situation. Niggas are frustrated, however the way I was brought up with Islamic fundamentals I could never think about suicide knowing the consequences of doing that.
:gaasdrink:

theres a solution for everything in life.

Muji

VIP
Funny that you mention therapy:siilaanyosmile:

I had my fair share of madness in life still I never considered suicide/self harm. I think its a lack of raganimo that's at the root of this situation. Niggas are frustrated, however the way I was brought up with Islamic fundamentals I could never think about suicide knowing the consequences of doing that.
:gaasdrink:

theres a solution for everything in life.

Muslims commit suicide sxb. They become numb with depression and can’t see through the pain let alone think about religion. Sending out messages like this are irresponsible

Status
Not open for further replies.