Sudanese vs somali beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true at all. Sudanese people were enslaved. In the 7th century nubian christians won a few battles against the invading muslim arabs, but they were forced to sign a treaty with the arabs in order to avoid being invaded again. According to this treaty called baqt Nubian had to send slaves to the arabs in Egypt in exchange arabs promised to leave them alone, this treaty went on for 7th centuries. Each year nubians sent slaves.
Today most arab sudanese tribes are the product of intermarriage between arabs and nubians. Nubian slaves were exported all over the arab world.
I’m well aware of the baqt treaty, Nubians kidnapped and sold Southerners from the Nuba mountains after signing it, not Nubia itself.

Som

VIP
I’m well aware of the baqt treaty, Nubians kidnapped and sold Southerners from the Nuba mountains after signing it, not Nubia itself.
Not true, arab sources mention nubians slaves quite often and they say they are similar in looks to abyssinian slavss(oromo ) which indicates even nativd nubians were enslaved

Apollo

VIP
Not true, arab sources mention nubians slaves quite often and they say they are similar in looks to abyssinian slavss(oromo ) which indicates even nativd nubians were enslaved

Nearly every population was enslaved, including Arabs themselves. It is about relative numbers. I don't think that many ethnic Nubians were sold to the Arab world.

I will never understand why Somalis do this and shot themselves in the foot how can you talk so much shit when literally our country is the shittest country in Africa how are you beefing with every African ethnic group? I never see habesha do this they need how to roll wallahi Somalis are so stupid I once had a Nigerian coworker voice things she saw online by Somalis.

Nubian was often used to label those from the Nuba mountains. Actual Nubians that were enslaved was via war capture which also happened to ethnic Somalis and virtually every ethnicity such as the British, Romans, and Arabs. It’s not the same as chattel slavery as the number of victims was insignificant and rather similar to imprisonment instead of traditional slavery.

Som

VIP
Nearly every population was enslaved, including Arabs themselves. It is about relative numbers. I don't think that many ethnic Nubians were sold to the Arab world.
According to arab source most slaves from Africa were nubian, abyssinian or zanj.
It's possible that nubians meant all sudanese people but anyway modern sudanese are descendants of various nilo-saharian peoples that were mass enslaved by arabs.

Som

VIP
Nubian was often used to label those from the Nuba mountains. Actual Nubians that were enslaved was via war capture which also happened to ethnic Somalis and virtually every ethnicity such as the British, Romans, and Arabs. It’s not the same as chattel slavery as the number of victims was insignificant and rather similar to imprisonment instead of traditional slavery.
No, Arab slave trade was very similar to chattel slavery. Millions of people were mass enslaved including kids and women.
War captives were a minority and anyway somalis were never enslaved as war captives since arabs never had any major battle against somalis. We could say ethnic somalis were virtually unaffected by slavery with few exceptions

Apollo

VIP
According to arab source most slaves from Africa were nubian, abyssinian or zanj.
It's possible that nubians meant all sudanese people but anyway modern sudanese are descendants of various nilo-saharian peoples that were mass enslaved by arabs.

I have been observing Afro-Arab genetics from the various studies, and to me the bulk of Afro-Arab's ancestry seem to come from the Great Lakes/Swahili region for Arabia.

And for Egypt and the Levant. I noticed they have more traces towards Niger, Lake Chad, Southern Chad, and Southern Sudan.

Rarely do I see Afro-Arab outliers in genetic studies who have Nubian-like or Horner-like autosomal profiles.

The Negev Bedouins in the HGDP study have one SSA outlier and he clusters with the South Sudanese or far-Southern North Sudanese (Nuba-like).

No, Arab slave trade was very similar to chattel slavery. Millions of people were mass enslaved including kids and women.
War captives were a minority and anyway somalis were never enslaved as war captives since arabs never had any major battle against somalis. We could say ethnic somalis were virtually unaffected by slavery with few exceptions
You’re now mixing up the baqt era slave trade with the Arab slave trade. These are two completely different eras. The Arab slave trade involved Tanzania, Kenya, and other countries along the Swahili coast. All of the slaves sold by Sudan to Arab countries were Southerners. I don’t know why you’re trying so hard to change the narrative.

Those “very few exceptions” included war captives fighting Abyssinians and Europeans. I never said it was wars fought with Arabs.

modern sudanese are descendants of various nilo-saharian peoples that were mass enslaved by arabs.
What is this suugo science? Sudanese people weren't "Nilotic" since thousands of years ago before Arabs even existed. You sound really ignorant making such comments about a country with a well recorded history that makes distinction between descendants of slaves and slaveowners.

Som

VIP
What is this suugo science? Sudanese people weren't "Nilotic" since thousands of years ago before Arabs even existed. You sound really ignorant making such comments about a country with a well recorded history that makes distinction between descendants of slaves and slaveowners.
Nubians still speak a Nilo saharian language, many sudanese people have some nilotic ancestry it's a fact.

Som

VIP
You’re now mixing up the baqt era slave trade with the Arab slave trade. These are two completely different eras. The Arab slave trade involved Tanzania, Kenya, and other countries along the Swahili coast. All of the slaves sold by Sudan to Arab countries were Southerners. I don’t know why you’re trying so hard to change the narrative.

Those “very few exceptions” included war captives fighting Abyssinians and Europeans. I never said it was wars fought with Arabs.
Many slaves came from Darfur which is in north west sudan.
Some arab tribes like the baggara arabs are virtually indistinguishable from nilotic non arabs

Som

VIP
I have been observing Afro-Arab genetics from the various studies, and to me the bulk of Afro-Arab's ancestry seem to come from the Great Lakes/Swahili region for Arabia.

And for Egypt and the Levant. I noticed they have more traces towards Niger, Lake Chad, Southern Chad, and Southern Sudan.

Rarely do I see Afro-Arab outliers in genetic studies who have Nubian-like or Horner-like autosomal profiles.

The Negev Bedouins in the HGDP study have one SSA outlier and he clusters with the South Sudanese or far-Southern North Sudanese (Nuba-like).
Historically most slaves in the arab world were from the land of the zanj which was mainly anything South of somalia on the eastern coast of africa.
Nubian and abyssinian slaves were less common, but many of them reached the middle east. I guess Nubian and abyssinian ancestry in arabs would get mixed up with the rest and become less detectable after many centuries

Many slaves came from Darfur which is in north west sudan.
Some arab tribes like the baggara arabs are virtually indistinguishable from nilotic non arabs
You're right, but Darfur historically wasn't a part of Sudan. Also Darfurian slaves came from the Southern portion of the region.

And the Baggara are diverse but generally they don't look Nilotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts