Sudan Conflict Updates: Army vs RSF

How do the Zaghawa come into play, I heard they form the bulk of the Chadian elite? Why isn't Chad acting on the behalf of Zaghawa's in Sudan?

Chad's leadership has yet to solidify its position and can't really go up against the UAE at this stage; also, they've essentially been placated (bribed) with UAE money.

The RSF can probably do a great deal of damage in Chad, however, Niger and Mali would likely resist a little more effectively.
RSF is recruiting from its tribesman along the Baggara belt and already are accused of arming Tuareg rebels in Mali as is RSF’s ally Wagner that is training Chadian rebels.
The RSF isn't likely to win anytime soon, so I think talk of regional ambitions are a bit premature, especially since the population centres in the North and East are still under SAF control.
I agree they won’t be able to control the north the Libya situation could happen in Sudan with RSF controlling west and south while SAF controls the north and east.
Nations around the region would more than likely decide to create an alliance to counter a prospective RSF threat if the SAF should fail.
Not really Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya are backing Hemedti while Chad is being used by the Emiratis to arm RSF while Wagner is arming RSF from Libya and CAR.

RSF is recruiting from its tribesman along the Baggara belt and already are accused of arming Tuareg rebels in Mali as is RSF’s ally Wagner that is training Chadian rebels.

Isn't Mali now part of Russia's Sahelian bloc? Why destabilise a Country that they successfully took from the French?

I agree they won’t be able to control the north the Libya situation could happen in Sudan with RSF controlling west and south while SAF controls the north and east.

That could happen, however, the other faction (SPLM-N) has also expanded its zone of control in South Kordofan and Blue Nile State, so this isn't just bipolar.

Not really Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya are backing Hemedti while Chad is being used by the Emiratis to arm RSF while Wagner is arming RSF from Libya and CAR.

I should have clarified that I meant the Sahelian region; these Countries have significant Baggara Arab populations and they would surely appreciate the threat posed by a resurgent and emboldened Baggara force in the Sahel.

EritreanPost_

EritreanPost 🇪🇷🇩🇯🇸🇴🇸🇩🇪🇬 |Eritrean news blogger

Eritrea doesn’t back Hemedti. The RSF is backed by UAE Ethiopia and chad while the Sudanese army led by Al
Burhan is backed by Egypt and Eritrea.

Al Burhan has been to Eritrea in 2023 to seek assistance. Through Eritrea Al Burhan has getting support by the tribal leaders of Darfur Central Sudan and eastern Sudan.
Eritrea is against RSF as RSF and Eritrea have been sworn enemies in the past under Umar Al bashir rule because the former Sudanese ruler
Umar Al bashir supported the Ethiopian army during the 1998-2000 Ethiopian Eritrean border war by allowing them to invade Eritrea through eastern Sudan.

Eritrea and RSF have been sworn enemies since then.

@Nilotic who are the splmn and sla and other groups?

saf making gains in omdurman

The SPLM-N is a faction of the movement responsible for the creation of South Sudan; the Nuba and the Nilotes of Blue Nile are fighting for greater representation; a mechanism to address land issues; a program to address Sudan's identity and race relations; and a secular State.

The SLA are a rebel group in Darfur and it is mostly composed of Fur, Masalit and other non-Arab tribes.

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Subhanallah aren’t Masalit our E-V32 relatives

I wish I could do something to help the victims

The Chadian dictator has just flown to the United Arab Emirates. This trip, at high risk for Kaka, who has not left Chad for months, comes in parallel with the difficulties encountered by General Hemeti in Sudan. After the fall of Oumdurman three days ago, the Sudanese army is tightening its grip on Khartoum, where thousands of men from the Rapid Support Forces, supported in arms and fuel by the Emirates via the Chadian junta, are located trapped. According to two corroborating sources cross-checked by TchadOne, the Emiratis will request direct intervention from the Chadian regime's army on the Sudanese front to rescue Hemeti. The project provides for the deployment of a force of several thousand men armed and financed by the Emiratis, with the objective of storming Khartoum, then Port Sudan. In Ndjamena, it is General Idriss Youssouf Boy, the Emiratis emissary, who promotes and supports this initiative. Idriss Youssouf Boy also owns a town in Palm Jumeirah in Dubai and had received more than 50 million dollars from the Emiratis. The French, informed by their services and the Qataris of this maneuver, warned Kaka during the visit of Macron's personal representative to Ndjamena. In exchange for this intervention in the Sudanese theater, the junta negotiated a donation of several tens of millions of dollars for the benefit of Mahamat Kaka and General Idriss Youssouf Boy. A sum which will be paid into accounts in the Emirates, part of which will then be transferred to Chad to finance the upcoming electoral campaign. However, this project carries many risks for those in power. In addition to the diplomatic consequences, with the risk of severe reactions from the Americans, Turks, Qataris, Egyptians and Libyans, there is also a danger on the military level. The Sudanese army has regained strength thanks to its aviation and the intensive use of Chinese, Turkish, Iranian and even Ukrainian drones. Finally, intervention in the internal affairs of a neighboring country could create tensions within the Chadian army. TchadOne is closely following this trip and will return quickly with new elements. Private correspondence from TchadOne to Ndjamena

It's been 365 days since the start of the conflict

Current status: millions displaced, food shortages on the way, janjaweed violence still rampant, no internet or cellular covearge for months now, barely any media reporting. No negotiations planned, nothing resolved whatsoever. SAF betrayed the country by abandoning darfur then gezira/madani, they made it clear that they are only concerned with protecting their keyzan masters along with their interests. I wonder how long will this keep up

Trending