Sudan Conflict Updates: Army vs RSF

why no big power is arming the darfurians? I can’t stand the savagery and barbarism of these Janjweed

I don't see why they would; beyond propaganda, sympathy just doesn't feature in international relations.

The unfortunate truth is that the native Darfurians are on their own and will have to find a way to overcome that enemy.

It would be a terrible mistake for Juba to even consider this ridiculous threat; Burhan and the SAF are the safer, more rational bet.

The RSF will be expelled from Khartoum very shortly; and they won't have the ability to withstand the onslaught that's coming for them in Darfur and Kordofan for more than 2-3 years.

The Baggara are not accustomed to being on the receiving end of 'Government' military action and their environments provide zero cover.

The RSF has demanded that South Sudan either stop funding the sovereign council’s military leadership or share resources, or the pipeline infrastructure will be shut down.

This presents a critical dilemma for South Sudan, with fears that the RSF may disrupt the oil flow if their demands are not addressed in time. Compliance could lead to retaliation from the Sudanese armed forces, potentially preventing South Sudan’s oil export through Port Sudan and crippling the nation’s economy. Conversely, if South Sudan continues to provide funds, the RSF threatens to shut down the pumping station at Heglig, obstructing the oil flow to the port of Sudan.

The RSF controls the pumping stations at Heglig of South Kordofan, while the Sudanese armed forces oversee the transport routes to the port of Sudan, where the oil is loaded onto cargo ships for international sale. The consequences of a shutdown would be enormous, affecting the government’s ability to function and provide essential services to the people.

After this war, Juba had better extricate itself from the North in both political and economic terms; I'm hoping that this whole thing opens their eyes to how incredibly myopic they've been to allow this perverse arrangement to remain in effect.

After this war, Juba had better extricate itself from the North in both political and economic terms; I'm hoping that this whole thing opens their eyes to how incredibly myopic they've been to allow this perverse arrangement to remain in effect.
Don't think that'll be possible, at least in our lifetimes. Especially after Uganda opted to build a pipeline via Tanzania instead of Kenya.

Don't think that'll be possible, at least in our lifetimes. Especially after Uganda opted to build a pipeline via Tanzania instead of Kenya.

I think that's actually contingent on what happens if major discoveries are made in our biggest oil blocks -> Block B & E; these blocks have yet to come online and they could potentially provide the impetus to completely end the North-South arrangement.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
hard position. If I were in their position, I'd joined the war against these militia, and allied with Burhan.

hard position. If I were in their position, I'd joined the war against these militia, and allied with Burhan.

Nah, it's in our best interest to stay out of that mess; the SAF should make use of conscription and end the war that way.

The idea of us fighting side by side with Sudanese Arabs is utterly repulsive to me.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Nah, it's in our best interest to stay out of that mess; the SAF should make use of conscription and end the war that way.

The idea of us fighting side by side with Sudanese Arabs is utterly repulsive to me.
Is this your point of view or general one? I didn't know S-Sudanese don't want to get involved to secure their interests

Is this your point of view or general one? I didn't know S-Sudanese don't want to get involved to secure their interests

No South Sudanese would support getting involved on the side of the SAF; I think Burhan will prevail in Khartoum and in South Kordofan in a couple of months from now, so our interests will be secured.

Trending