Studying Arabic, tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
Begin met Arabische tv series/films met ondertiteling in het Engels. Eventueel muziek als je dat luistert. Ik kan me voorstellen dat het soms qua motivatie lastig is waardoor je op den duurt de stof alleen nog maar leert om de toetsen te halen.. Illaahay ha kuu fududeeyo.

Actually both, I also want to read classical islamic books in arabic.
1- if you learn modern Arabic, you won't understand the Quran. You and the Somali speaker would be on the same level and would need translation. In your case you would be studying Arabic just so you can read the the Quran to Arabic translation. You can also learn thorough tafsiir in Somali if you're interested in understanding the Quran. It's available everywhere on the net.

2- what do you believe you can get from Arabic scholars that u can't get from Somali scholars if u speak Somali and if u don't speak Somali and are Somali, don't u think it's more important to learn the language your parents and relatives speak so u can hold a conversation with them?

3- did you know one of the biggest Arab scholars like the Saudi scholar al madkhali went to same islamic unis with known Somali scholars and finished below them but has one of the biggest followers in the salafi group and can seeminly "disqualify" anyone he wants from "salafiyah" including people that out did him when they were studying together?

4- the classic Arabic islamic books, are u looking to become a major scholar for u to be reading them and how many years of full time education are u willing to spend on them?

Begin met Arabische tv series/films met ondertiteling in het Engels. Eventueel muziek als je dat luistert. Ik kan me voorstellen dat het soms qua motivatie lastig is waardoor je op den duurt de stof alleen nog maar leert om de toetsen te halen.. Illaahay ha kuu fududeeyo.
JazakAllahu khayr sis voor je tips en ameen! Je bent 1 van de weinige hier die me enigzins nog probeert te helpen. Ik ga proberen om nieuwe series zoeken, inshaAllah thankss.

I am against Arabization. It destroyed so many cultures (Berbers, Egyptians, Nubians, Assyrians, Mesopotamians etc.).
why do you want to spread athiesm? when we call to islam we believe in reward. hbu? you dont believe in sin n xasanaat so why dont you just let us believe what we want?

Somalis are so mad about arabs that anything that mentions arabs triggers them. A simple thread asking for advice has been politicized and somalis are at it again crying about their arab overlords. @Azirah Anonymous dont listen to these fools. Arabic is the 5th most spoken language in the world and more than 420 million speak it. Its very useful especially now when thousands of syrians etc are flooding into the west. Speaking arabic is a useful tool and has helped me in many situations.

Niggas that speak swedish and whatever other nordic language are on here talking about its not a useful language :kodaksmiley: what on earth would they know about useful? Doqomohaan iska dhaaf.

World

VIP
Somalis are so mad about arabs that anything that mentions arabs triggers them. A simple thread asking for advice has been politicized and somalis are at it again crying about their arab overlords. @Azirah Anonymous dont listen to these fools. Arabic is the 5th most spoken language in the world and more than 420 million speak it. Its very useful especially now when thousands of syrians etc are flooding into the west. Speaking arabic is a useful tool and has helped me in many situations.

Niggas that speak swedish and whatever other nordic language are on here talking about its not a useful language :kodaksmiley: what on earth would they know about useful? Doqomohaan iska dhaaf.
Only for religious reasons. There is no benefit in learning colloquial or modern day Arabic.

Apollo

VIP

Arabic is not a real language. It is a dead language like Latin and has 20 something modern languages calling themselves Arabic for political reasons.

1- if you learn modern Arabic, you won't understand the Quran. You and the Somali speaker would be on the same level and would need translation. In your case you would be studying Arabic just so you can read the the Quran to Arabic translation. You can also learn thorough tafsiir in Somali if you're interested in understanding the Quran. It's available everywhere on the net.

2- what do you believe you can get from Arabic scholars that u can't get from Somali scholars if u speak Somali and if u don't speak Somali and are Somali, don't u think it's more important to learn the language your parents and relatives speak so u can hold a conversation with them?

3- did you know one of the biggest Arab scholars like the Saudi scholar al madkhali went to same islamic unis with known Somali scholars and finished below them but has one of the biggest followers in the salafi group and can seeminly "disqualify" anyone he wants from "salafiyah" including people that out did him when they were studying together?

4- the classic Arabic islamic books, are u looking to become a major scholar for u to be reading them and how many years of full time education are u willing to spend on them?

Well let me just first clarify that I can speak Somali okay :ileycry:
The Somali language will always be a part of me and I will do my best to one day master my Somali and pass it on to my kids inshaAllah.

However, arabic is part of our religion. No Im not trying to become a scholar but knowing the arabic language opens a lot of doors for you, not all books are translated in english/somali plus we all know a lot is lost in translation. :yacadiim:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending