Studying Arabic, tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guyss I'm struggling to learn arabic for a few years now. I find it hard to stay consistent with my studies. I have moments where I start learning new vocabulary and grammar bits but end up forgetting eveything after a few weeks. Alhamdulilah I have time this summer and want to do some intensive studying the next 2 months. But I'm just afraid I will lose motivation.

Do you guys know arabic and how did you learn? If it was through selfstudy, tips are welcome!
Also how do you keep yourself motivated when learning new languages?

Best advice is to just talk to people. Too many somalis only know book arabic and cant have a regular conversation to save their life. Just start talking to older arab habaryars they always get excited ehen you speak to them in their language and will gladly give you pointers. If you already know the basics dont waste anymore time with grammar nonsense. Youll also pick up on useful phrases and how to use them in the right context. Just go to your local arab shop and have convos with them. Itll be awkward and youll stutter at first but in the long run it will help you a lot more and make learning easier and more fun.

Hmm not really where I live unfortunately. Also have a hard time paying attention in class. Only advantage is the fact that you have tests and exams that make feel obligated to study even when don't feel like it.

Muji

VIP
Guyss I'm struggling to learn arabic for a few years now. I find it hard to stay consistent with my studies. I have moments where I start learning new vocabulary and grammar bits but end up forgetting eveything after a few weeks. Alhamdulilah I have time this summer and want to do some intensive studying the next 2 months. But I'm just afraid I will lose motivation.

Do you guys know arabic and how did you learn? If it was through selfstudy, tips are welcome!

Listen to Arabic language tapes for a year
Then take an intensive course in Arabic for a few weeks!

Good luck

Take actual classes. I learned because my parents were speaking it.

ColloquiallyFluent

That one dude with the prosthetic arm.
Reading quran won't help me to understand grammar captain genius
oFIz40F.jpg

There are ways to UNDERSTAND arabic and be able to comprehend when being spoke to, you are gonna need to spend 3-4 hours daily with consistent effort. There are many online courses that are excellent.

Now when it comes to speaking in Arabic, good luck. That is nearly impossible to accomplish if you aren't a native Arabic speaker and aren't living in an Arab country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts