Studying Arabic, tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeesto

VIP
Guyss I'm struggling to learn arabic for a few years now. I find it hard to stay consistent with my studies. I have moments where I start learning new vocabulary and grammar bits but end up forgetting eveything after a few weeks. Alhamdulilah I have time this summer and want to do some intensive studying the next 2 months. But I'm just afraid I will lose motivation.

Do you guys know arabic and how did you learn? If it was through selfstudy, tips are welcome!
Also how do you keep yourself motivated when learning new languages?
First of all, can you speak af soomaali fluently?:farole::reallymaury:

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
Guyss I'm struggling to learn arabic for a few years now. I find it hard to stay consistent with my studies. I have moments where I start learning new vocabulary and grammar bits but end up forgetting eveything after a few weeks. Alhamdulilah I have time this summer and want to do some intensive studying the next 2 months. But I'm just afraid I will lose motivation.

Do you guys know arabic and how did you learn? If it was through selfstudy, tips are welcome!
If you are in any of those city’s, attend this class and you’ll learn everything in a couple of months. Your welcome!

https://www.dreamworldwide.net/dream-world-wide-v-4

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
Read and memorise in Arabic then translate in language you best understand
Why should I memorise something I don't understand. Arabic is not necessary in any shape or form to understand the Quran in the 21st century. There are plenty of translations, and if you still choose to memorise it rather than reading it and thinking on it, then you are doing a major mistake.

But then again, you're from London, I might be asking for too much.

Apollo

VIP
If you put Arabic on your resume, it will go straight into the trash bin at most companies. Racist employers use it as a cue to filter out Muslims.

It's not a sought-after skill and it, in fact, may hurt you career-wise. Harsh reality.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Why should I memorise something I don't understand. Arabic is not necessary in any shape or form to understand the Quran in the 21st century. There are plenty of translations, and if you still choose to memorise it rather than reading it and thinking on it, then you are doing a major mistake.

But then again, you're from London, I might be asking for too much.
I'm from Birmingham

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
If you put Arabic on your resume, it will go straight into the trash bin at most companies. Racist employers use it as a cue to filter out Muslims.

It's not a sought-after skill and it, in fact, may hurt you career-wise. Harsh reality.
It's for quran not everything is for jobs

Why do wanna learn Arabic?

Learn Somali :gaasdrink:

It's for quran not everything is for jobs
Modern Arabic is completely different to Quranic Arabic. Infact Arabic speakers need translation just like everyone else. Take for example old English from just few hundred years ago especially the poetry, do u think the average English speaker is going to understand it?

Status
Not open for further replies.