Study Shows Dating Options For Men Are Decreasing As More Healthy Standards Are On The Rise!

In single "Muslim" matching sites (i.e., LoveHabibi, etc), Halimos are populating there, demanding very little, especially the race and age requirements. I was surprised to see a 33-year old halimo posting that men between 30 - 65 is good for her.

In Murica, back in the days, when African guys come to this country, they used to marry AA women in order to get the immigration papers. Nowadays, Halimo in the West are easy prey for many Middle Eastern and Asian men who just want to come to the West. All they do is poke around those single "Muslim" matchmaking sites, and look for halimo. It is a dangerous trend that has started in the West.

I share that story because I am not so sure when they demand more than the "bare minimum". In my view, Halimos in the West may demand more from Somali men, but for others, there is even not bare minimum. It painted my stomach when I saw too many of them in single "Muslim" matchmaking sites and what they were posting there.

I think this has a lot do with late stage capitalism and the commodification of intimacy. Why settle when a better option is only a swipe away?

Real life and the internet is becoming inextricably linked and unless we all decide on a spiritual change its going to get worse. I know I sound crazy but, this neoliberal thought process of always upgrading and never settling is going to destroy the societal fabric.

In single "Muslim" matching sites (i.e., LoveHabibi, etc), Halimos are populating there, demanding very little, especially the race and age requirements. I was surprised to see a 33-year old halimo posting that men between 30 - 65 is good for her.
How do you know they were checking for ajnabis? Muslim dating sites are now populated with Somali men and most give you the options of filtering it to just Somali ect. This is something that only the user can see and it wouldn't come up on your profile that you're only checking for a particular race.
In Murica, back in the days, when African guys come to this country, they used to marry AA women in order to get the immigration papers. Nowadays, Halimo in the West are easy prey for many Middle Eastern and Asian men who just want to come to the West. All they do is poke around those single "Muslim" matchmaking sites, and look for halimo. It is a dangerous trend that has started in the West.
Again, those sites have high rates of Somali men. How do you know the girls are talking to or matching with non Somalis.
I share that story because I am not so sure when they demand more than the "bare minimum". In my view, Halimos in the West may demand more from Somali men, but for others, there is even not bare minimum. It painted my stomach when I saw too many of them in single "Muslim" matchmaking sites and what they were posting there.
In match making sites like muzmatch Abdis over 30 are also populuting it there tbh and there is also a healthy amount of Halimos so both parties are significantly only checking for fellow Somalis.

Using IR relationships when it comes to Xalimos is misleading as less than 1% actually marry ajnabi, so we can't even act like a significant amount of Xalimos ask nothing of ajnabis, as the vast majority don't even check for or ask for ajnabis in the 1st place.

Also, using match-making sites as an example is very suspect as there are just as much Somali men or more and I actually personally know Xalimos that have married using that site and they married fellow Somali men.

Adeero, you're making a lot of assumptions here. Don't assume matching apps= ajnabis. I get that you're an odey but the world has changed.

Last edited:
I don't know. I have my issues with certain archaic cultural mindsets that is influenced by good old fashioned sexism, but the vast majority of the Faraxs I see married to my friends and acquaintances seem to be a mixed bag. You get the great, average and then downright terrible.
Nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to marry a farax. It’s a big world

That’s so sad.

Nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to marry a farax. It’s a big world
Where did I say Faraxs are bad? Did I not say I see and know great ones. I'm with a Farax.

Seriously, fix up and stop being so emotional.. Its embarrassing for a man. Ceeb indeed.

How do you know they were checking for ajnabis? Muslim dating sites are now populated with Somali men and most give you the options of filtering it to just Somali ect. This is something that only the user can see and it wouldn't come up on your profile that you're only checking for a particular race.

Again, those sites have high rates of Somali men. How do you know the girls are talking to or matching with non Somalis.

Nope, I totally disagree with you. The percentage of Somali men who have their profiles are far small compare to Halimos. Come on, I could take screenshots on of the faces of those girls. but gee Somali girls are the main group of Africans who populate those sites. I felt bad when I saw the plight and the desperation of fellow Halimos who resorted to going to some websites where all predators are lurking.

In match making sites like muzmatch Abdis over 30 are also populuting it there tbh and there is also a healthy amount of Halimos so both parties are significantly only checking for fellow Somalis.

Using IR relationships when it comes to Xalimos is misleading as less than 1% actually marry ajnabi, so we can't even act like a significant amount of Xalimos ask nothing of ajnabis, as the vast majority don't even check for or ask for ajnabis in the 1st place.

In their preferences, they put down no preference. Women of other ethnicity are adamant that they want someone from their countries, regions, and ethnicity. Somali girls are different though: They clearly state "no preference" in their bio. :holeup::what::what1:

Also, using match-making sites as an example is very suspect as there are just as much Somali men or more and I actually personally know Xalimos that have married using that site and they married fellow Somali men.

Stop making shit up. You know there are hardly any Somali men who go to those sites to meet Halimos. Overwhelming majority of them marry their wives through acquaintances and family connections.

As for Halimos, it is different ballgame. Just open a profile there and check it out for yourself. Majority of the Halimos who have their profiles on those match-making sites are from UK. The second group are from the EU. In the 3rd place, they were from Canada. The fourth group were from Australia. The fifth group were from US.

In particular, Halimos from UK were all hijabis where at least half of the ones from EU and Australia were not wearing the hijab.

At least half of the sisters from UK on those sites were open to polygamy.

We seriously need to help our women and alleviate their plight. This is an epidemic that needs serious attention from Somalis in the West. Going to websites where crooks, pedophiles, and scammers lurk around, and see if they can meet a guy. That is a desperation at another level.

Adeero, you're making a lot of assumptions here. Don't assume matching apps= ajnabis. I get that you're an odey but the world has changed.

You know I am younger than you, so not sure why you call me "odey". I remember someone posting a poll on the people's ages in another platform, and you check an age in later bandwidth of the 50s. :pachah1::russ: I'll actually call you abooto @Angelina. :mjkkk:

Nope, I totally disagree with you. The percentage of Somali men who have their profiles are far small compare to Halimos. Come on, I could take screenshots on of the faces of those girls. but gee Somali girls are the main group of Africans who populate those sites. I felt bad when I saw the plight and the desperation of fellow Halimos who resorted to going to some websites where all predators are lurking.
How would you know? If you're male you'll see female profiles? Wallahi believe me when I tell you more than 100s are on muzmatch. It has become common for Somali couples to marry from that app and social media.
In their preferences, they put down no preference. Women of other ethnicity are adamant that they want someone from their countries, regions, and ethnicity. Somali girls are different though: They clearly state "no preference" in their bio. :holeup::what::what1:

Stop making shit up. You know there are hardly any Somali men who go to those sites to meet Halimos. Overwhelming majority of them marry their wives through acquaintances and family connections.
Wallahi i'm not lying.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As for Halimos, it is different ballgame. Just open a profile there and check it out for yourself. Majority of the Halimos who have their profiles on those match-making sites are from UK. The second group are from the EU. In the 3rd place, they were from Canada. The fourth group were from Australia. The fifth group were from US.
Again, if you're male obviously you'll only see women lool, they're not going to show you male profiles are they?
In particular, Halimos from UK were all hijabis where at least half of the ones from EU and Australia were not wearing the hijab.

At least half of the sisters from UK on those sites were open to polygamy.

We seriously need to help our women and alleviate their plight. This is an epidemic that needs serious attention from Somalis in the West. Going to websites where crooks, pedophiles, and scammers lurk around, and see if they can meet a guy. That is a desperation at another level.
Bro, understand that there are just as many Faraxs. Just because you can't see it as you're obviously only going to see female profiles doesn't mean there aren't 100s.
You know I am younger than you, so not sure why you call me "odey". I remember someone posting a poll on the people's ages in another platform, and you check an age in later bandwidth of the 50s. :pachah1::russ: I'll actually call you abooto @Angelina. :mjkkk:
I'm open with my age. I'm in my late 20s.

How would you know? If you're male you'll see female profiles? Wallahi believe me when I tell you more than 100s are on muzmatch. It has become common for Somali couples to marry from that app and social media.

Wallahi i'm not lying.

Stop swearing for no reason. I was conducting a research as I was writing a paper, and therefore needed to sign up to those sites in order to see the Somalis who posted their profiles there.

Besides, your hubby aint a Somali, so stop making shit up. We already talked about this before, and there is no in million years that I am buying your claim here. You aint married to a Somali guy, PERIOD.

Check any Somali guy in this forum who is married, and they would confirm they didn't meet their wives in those crooks and scammer-inhabited "match-making" sites. Only someone with a sheer desperation would go there.

Again, if you're male obviously you'll only see women lool, they're not going to show you male profiles are they?

Again as I said above, I was merely conducting a research paper. That is when I come across this huge number of Somali girls who posted their profiles on those sites. The sheer desperation that I saw was unbelievable.

Bro, understand that there are just as many Faraxs. Just because you can't see it as you're obviously only going to see female profiles doesn't mean there aren't 100s.

I'm open with my age. I'm in my late 20s.

Hey sis, a Somali girl who is in her 20s doesn't discuss Somali govt in the 70s and 80s. So give me a break. You're well-versed into Somali language and culture, so give it up this claim that you're a young Halimo. You know I aint buying it. But at the same time, I have no issues with your age; I am just not buying your claims here. That is all.

Stop swearing for no reason. I was conducting a research as I was writing a paper, and therefore needed to sign up to those sites in order to see the Somalis who posted their profiles there.
Lol what study?

Questions:

Did you pretend to be female? I ask this because the only way you can see Somali male profiles is by lying and pretending to be a woman. You cannot see male profiles as a male. Hence, how do you know the amounts of men on there?

Since, I only saw male profiles, I can't debate with you about the amount of women. That is me being truthful.
Besides, your hubby aint a Somali, so stop making shit up. We already talked about this before, and there is no in million years that I am buying your claim here. You aint married to a Somali guy, PERIOD.
I'm trying to have a normal adult convo here. Everyone knows that your Nigerian/ajnabi shtick is a lie and posters here have called you up on it. Its boring now and a waste of time, so lets just stop.
Check any Somali guy who is married in this forum, and they would confirm they didn't meet their wives in those crooks and scammer-imhabited sites. Only someone with a sheer desperation would go there.

I'm talking about apps here. Okay, create a profile on Muzz and sign in as female. Filter it Somali and believe me you'll see 100s of Faraxs on there. Do this for the purpose of your research.

Again as I said above, I was merely conducting a research paper. That is when I come across this huge number of Somali girls who posted their profiles on those sites. The sheer desperation that I saw was unbelievable.
What research is this?
What is the point of this research? What universities are funding it and what is the aim?
What apps did you check?
Hey sis, a Somali girl who is in her 20s doesn't discuss Somali govt in the 70s and 80s. So give me a break. You're well-versed into Somali language and culture, so give it up this claim that you're a young Halimo. You know I aint buying one. But at the same time, I have no issues with your age; I am just not buying your claims here. That is all.
Yes, they do. Women are people that have an array of interests. Not only do I discuss Somalis in the 80s and 70s, i'll also discuss Russian history in the turn of the 20th century and even the Crusades of the 11th. That is the type of person I am, hence your overall argument is the rather silly.

How about we have a civilised conversation without lying about each other and name calling.

Wish you the best and i'm extending an olive branch.

Last edited:
Lol what study?

Questions:

Did you pretend to be female? I ask this because the only way you can see Somali male profiles is by lying and pretending to be a woman. You cannot see male profiles as a male. Hence, how do you know the amounts of men on there?

Since, I only saw male profiles, I can't debate with you about the amount of women. That is me being truthful.

I'm trying to have a normal adult convo here. Everyone knows that your Nigerian/ajnabi shtick is a lie and posters here have called you up on it. Its boring now and a waste of time, so lets just stop.

I'm talking about apps here. Okay, create a profile on Muzz and sign in as female. Filter it Somali and believe me you'll see 100s of Faraxs on there. Do this for the purpose of your research.

What research is this?
What is the point of this research? What universities are funding it and what is the aim?
What apps did you check?

Yes, they do. Women are people that have an array of interests. Not only do I discuss Somalis in the 80s and 70s, i'll also discuss Russian history in the turn of the 20th century and even the Crusades of the 11th. That is the type of person I am, hence your overall argument is the rather silly.

How about we have a civilised conversation without lying about each other and name calling.

For someone who is supposedly married to a farax you sure throw us under the bus first chance you get.

Tap in @Roorigeg

Last edited:
Lol what study?

Questions:

What research is this?
What apps did you check?

It is a research paper for a grad course. I've told 2 of the web sites that I am conducting a research on the new immigrants were integrating into western mainstream and what challenges they face. I paid fees two of the sites, and was able to see all of the profiles: Men and females.

Your claim that there were many Western-based Somali men who signed up to those sites was not something that I saw. However, I was able to see some guys who signed up from Africa, Middle East, South Asia, and Turkey. And those guys are understandable since they want to come to the West and were looking for women who could help them in that endeavor.

That being said, the number of Halimos far outnumbered the men even when you add those men who signed up from non-Western countries. They were basically 8:2 ratio according to my findings. And that brings me to my next findings:

Due to the distances between cities and countries that Somalis spread out in the West, and due to the lack of perhaps enough single Somali men available in their areas, Halimos' profiles were staying there for a long time.

Many of the Halimos also had "no preference" in their profiles when it comes to racial/ethnicity/country preferences.

In my other findings, Halimos in Australia and EU (UK excluded) were the most liberal of those women, as most of them were not wearing the hijab, except Sweden where at least 50% of the women were wearing the hijab.

In UK, 9/10 of the Halimos who posted their profiles were hijabis, and at least half of them were single moms. Many of them were in the age bracket between 28 to 45 years of age.

I am not ridiculing them. As a Somali man who fathered daughtered and who has sisters, their plight touches me morally and emotionally. And as a community, we need to address what is driving our women to go the extreme to go to "match-matching" sites in order to meet "suitable" men and declare they were open to every men irrespective of nationality or ethnicity. This is dangerous and it needs to be addressed.

And you personally need to stop to get defensive when these types of findings about Halimos are discussed. It sometimes looks like you have a vested interest of preventing people from having such a debate and discussion on the underlying causes of driving these girls to the extreme. For goodness, you are not more closer to them thna the rest of us!

Last edited:
It is a research paper for a grad course. I've told 2 of the web sites that I am conducting a research on the new immigrants were integrating into western mainstream and what challenges they face.
How did going on a dating site help you answer that question. What angle were you going for? Also, the fact that you used 'lovehabibi' is interesting. A quick search would tell you that a lot of their profiles are fake and isn't a trusted or popular app.
I paid fees two of the sites, and was able to see all of the profiles: Men and females.
What are the names of the sites. You've mentioned love Habibi which isn't even popular and mostly caters to fobs with fake profiles. The fact that you mentioned that app tells me you're a decade behind and have no clear insight to the world of Muslim dating 'apps', not sites that is so 2010 or whatever.

Majority of the apps aren't fee based in order to simply access it. So what fees were you paying?

How did you see both male and female. Did you create two seperate accounts? Most of these apps especially Muzmatch (which is the app most Western Muslims use btw) the app which does for a fact have a lot of Western Faraxa by the dozens can detect your IP address and they will block your account. But interesting non the less.
Your claim that there were many Western-based Somali men who signed up to those sites was not something that I saw.
The app I was talking about whilst global is actually a British Muslim app advertised even on tube stations in the UK. Therefore, the majority are Western Muslims from various backgrounds and you can use filters specifically for Somalis in UK, America, Canada ect.

However, I was able to see some guys who signed up from Africa, Middle East, South Asia, and Turkey. And those guys are understandable since they want to come to the West and were looking for women who could help them in that endeavor.
Lol. Lovehabibi is known for fake profiles and fobs, so of course. Please be up to date before debating people.
That being said, the number of Halimos far outnumbered the men even when you add those men who signed up from non-Western countries. They were basically 8:2 ratio according to my findings. And that brings me to my next findings:
Again, how do you know this? Those apps have IP detectors that will block you if you have two accounts and use face recognition to detect catfishes. Roorigeg, people aren't dumb walal.
Due to the distances between cities and countries that Somalis spread out in the West, and due to the lack of perhaps enough single Somali men available in their areas, Halimos' profiles were staying there for a long time.

Many of the Halimos also had "no preference" in their profiles when it comes to racial/ethnicity/country preferences.
Where did they have 'No preferences'. Explain that bit please. Also be specific with the actual 'sites'.

In my other findings, Halimos in Australia and EU (UK excluded) were the most liberal of those women, as most of them were not wearing the hijab, except Sweden where at least 50% of the women were wearing the hijab.
Interesting

In UK, 9/10 of the Halimos who posted their profiles were hijabis, and at least half of them were single moms. Many of them were in the age bracket between 28 to 45 years of age.
Interesting.

I am not ridiculing them. As a Somali man who fathered daughtered and who has sisters, their plight touches me morally and emotionally. And as a community, we need to address what is driving our women to go the extreme to go to "match-matching" sites in order to meet "suitable" men and declare they were open to every men irrespective of nationality or ethnicity. This is dangerous and it needs to be addressed.
You need to understand that a lot of those Apps have Somali men on there. You'd also know that people can even filter to 'Somalis' only, location and age.

If you did actually look at apps like Muzmatch in your 'research' which you should have as lets be real, who the hell uses lovehabibi? you'd know this. Muzmatch is the most popular app amongst Western men, whilst lovehabibi attracts the fobs, so how could you come to the conclusion that Western Faraxs don't use apps when your research doesn't even entent to the right apps?

And you personally need to stop to get defensive when these types of findings about Halimos are discussed.
No, I prize honesty and you walal aren't being entirely honest here. From the 'site' you did your research in to the year you probably did it ect. I'm not going to call you a liar, but it doesn't reflect online Muslim dating in the last 4 years.
It sometimes looks like you have a vested interest of preventing people from having such a debate and discussion on the underlying causes of driving these girls to the extreme. For goodness, you are not more closer to them thna the rest of us!
I'm not being defensive. You are. I can't debate with you about the amounts of females you supposedly saw because as a woman, I will only be able to see male profiles. But I as a woman could certainly see the male Somali profiles. Many of them for that matter.

A lot of your arguments have a lot of unbelievable holes that anyone can see tbh. It really doesn't make sense. I'm at a loss as to how you made two profiles and 'paid', do you think people were born yesterday? Especially since the tech of apps have upgraded? What year did you do your research?

You really are one of the most entertaining posters here. Love your stories!

Last edited:
How did going on a dating site help you answer that question. What angle were you going for?

I was focusing on their challenges, so marriage and finding a suitable spouses were pieces of the puzzle.

The other challenges were employment, racial profiling, and prolific attacks against Muslims, especially Muslim women since they wear the hijab and are very visible in public.

What are the names of the sites. You've mentioned love Habibi which isn't even popular.

There were several of them, but Love Habibi was one of them. muslimmatrimony.com, and other sites were also part of the sites that I looked into. Eharmony, even though being non-Muslim, is a site used by many Muslims, so I used it as part of the research. Muslima.com is another one. But there were others as well.

Majority of the sites aren't fee based in order to simply access it. So what fees were you paying?

I remember I had to pay one of them because I want to get a batch file where I could analyze the data. They removed the pictures and manipulated the names in order to safeguard the privacy of their users. So I analyzed the data, wrote scripts that show the information that I was presenting in graphs and tables.

Remember challenges that Muslim immigrants face, especially Muslim women, was a small portion of the work that I was researching. The other pig part was employment, racial profiling, and other discriminatory acts.

How did you see both male and female. Did you create two seperate accounts? Most of these apps especially Muzmatch the app which does for a fact have a lot of Western Faraxa by the dozens can detect your IP address and they will block your account. But interesting non the less.

The app I was talking about whilst global is actually a Western Muslim app advertised even on tube stations in the UK. Therefore, the majority are Western Muslims from various backgrounds, but you can use filters specifically for Somalis.

I only had one profile.

Lol.

Again, how do you know this? Those apps have IP detectors that will block you if you have two accounts and use face recognition to detect catfishes. Roorigeg, people aren't dumb walal.

I wasn't hiding anything. You can talk to management and enough privilege can be assigned to your accounts that you don't need to have 2 accounts. I was not using pseudo-names; I was telling them who I was and what I want to do.

Where did they have 'No preferences'. Explain that bit please.

In their profiles.

Interesting

What is this supposed to mean?

Interesting.

What is this supposed to mean? Looks like someone is getting defensive here. :dead:

You need to understand that a lot of those Apps have Somali men on there. If you did actually look at apps like Muzmatch in your 'research' you'd know this. Muzmatch is the most popular app amongst Western men, whilst lovehabibi attracts the fobs.

The women who were on LoveHabibi were western-based Halimos. Come on, you seem to be acting as experts on those sites. Did you spend considerable time on those sites? :mjlol:

I'm not being defensive. You are. I can't debate with you about the amounts of females you supposedly saw because as a woman, I will only be able to see male profiles.

A lot of your arguments have a lot of unbelievable holes that anyone can see tbh. It really doesn't make sense. I'm at a loss as to how you made two profiles and 'paid', do you think people were born yesterday?

What holes? Others can login to those sites and come down to their own conclusions. You don't need to believe me. I carried out my own research and shared some of those findings. This is a public forum, so you post your views and I and do others do the same. But the person on the defensive is the one who got something to hide. :damedamn:

You really one of the most entertaining posters here. Love your stories!

Not sure what you're impying here. :browtf:

I was focusing on their challenges, so marriage and finding a suitable spouses were pieces of the puzzle.

The other challenges were employment, racial profiling, and prolific attacks against Muslims, especially Muslim women since they wear the hijab and are very visible in public.

There were several of them, but Love Habibi was one of them. muslimmatrimony.com, and other sites were also part of the sites that I looked into. Eharmony, even though being non-Muslim, is a site used by many Muslims, so I used it as part of the research. Muslima.com is another one. But there were others as well.

I remember I had to pay one of them because I want to get a batch file where I could analyze the data. They removed the pictures and manipulated the names in order to safeguard the privacy of their users. So I analyzed the data, wrote scripts that show the information that I was presenting in graphs and tables.

Remember challenges that Muslim immigrants face, especially Muslim women, was a small portion of the work that I was researching. The other pig part was employment, racial profiling, and other discriminatory acts.

I only had one profile.

I wasn't hiding anything. You can talk to management and enough privilege can be assigned to your accounts that you don't need to have 2 accounts. I was not using pseudo-names; I was telling them who I was and what I want to do.

In their profiles.

What is this supposed to mean?

What is this supposed to mean? Looks like someone is getting defensive here. :dead:

The women who were on LoveHabibi were western-based Halimos. Come on, you seem to be acting as experts on those sites. Did you spend considerable time on those sites? :mjlol:

What holes? Others can login to those sites and come down to their own conclusions. You don't need to believe me. I carried out my own research and shared some of those findings. This is a public forum, so you post your views and I and do others do the same. But the person on the defensive is the one who got something to hide. :damedamn:

Not sure what you're impying here. :browtf:
She dodged my very kuleyl question no point in arguing with her although I admit that an argumentative woman turns me on

Trending