Study Shows Dating Options For Men Are Decreasing As More Healthy Standards Are On The Rise!

A lot of marriages in the past were based on women's survival. When women needed to marry you in order to simply eat, then of course you could get away with the bare minimum. The only issue is that some modern men don't seem to understand that the playing fields have changed.

@Keep it a boqol 💯 Are you joking about the bare minimum thing or do you and other men actually know and believe that men actually do the bare minimum?

I know @bidenkulaha admitted to something like that a few weeks ago.

A lot of marriages in the past were based on women's survival. When women needed to marry you in order to simply eat, then of course you could get away with the bare minimum. The only issue is that some modern men don't seem to understand that the playing fields have changed.

@Keep it a boqol 💯 Are you joking about the bare minimum thing or do you and other men actually know and believe that men actually do the bare minimum?

What aspect are you approaching "bare minimum" from? Please elaborate.

Is living humbly considered bare minimum or are you talking about lacking other things in other aspects like looks/weight/height etc.

Is wealth the only factor here or are there more factors for modern women now that they are independent because if that's the case not much has changed the only thing that's changed is that women who previously would marry for money to get by now just marry for more money.

Which obviously means most men will fall out of the dating/marriage pool.

angelina are you married type or strong independent woman type

What aspect are you approaching "bare minimum" from? Please elaborate.

Is living humbly considered bare minimum or are you talking about lacking other things in other aspects like looks/weight/height etc.
The article is talking about bare minimum in terms of helpfulness and other relationship skills NOT finance.
Is wealth the only factor here or are there more factors for modern women now that they are independent because if that's the case not much has changed the only thing that's changed is that women who previously would marry for money to get by now just marry for more money.
The last part is completely false and at odds with current statistics. There are more two income and 50/50 households and even an increase in stay at home dads. If women were marrying for more money, then all that I have listed above wouldn't be a new phenomenon.

Lmao I’m clearly joking about the bare minimum thing. I’m cool with this espcially with Somalis as long as we don’t hold unrealistic standards to each other. Healthy and good relationships in the Somali community is a overall benefit for us in the long run

Last edited:
The article is talking about bare minimum in terms of helpfulness and other relationship skills NOT finance.

The last part is completely false and at odds with current statistics. There are more two income and 50/50 households and even an increase in stay at home dads. If women were marrying for more money, then all that I have listed above wouldn't be a new phenomenon.

I didn't read the article I was just asking those questions since your a woman and I was going off the title.

50/50 household are a thing because of the economic state in the West it doesn't really exist outside of a few countries and even then I read a stat a while back that women only go into a 50/50 relationship when the man is earning at least 58% more than them as opposed to less or equal to them.

As for helpfulness and other relationship skills that makes sense since both the men and women now earn so a woman would expect more help around the house.

This doesn't seem to be a problem at all in the somali Community imo. I think about any somali guy can get married to a somali woman.

angelina are you married type or strong independent woman type
Silly question.
I didn't read the article I was just asking those questions since your a woman and I was going off the title.
Alright cool
50/50 household are a thing because of the economic state in the West it doesn't really exist outside of a few countries and even then I read a stat a while back that women only go into a 50/50 relationship when the man is earning at least 58% more than them as opposed to less or equal to them.
We're talking about the Western world. Two income families are indeed the norm now.

Provide that article please. That doesn't make sense because if the man is making significantly more than them, then why would they be in a 50/50 relationship? Isn't the man simply exploiting the relationship?
As for helpfulness and other relationship skills that makes sense since both the men and women now earn so a woman would expect more help around the house.
Yes, but many men were raised with the idea that the only thing they need to bring to the table is provision. Look at this forum, many have expressed the idea that being helpful towards their wives and even childcare is 'ceeb' because their men. If you have that mindset, what incentives does a woman that works and pays her own bills have to marry or even stay married to you?

Last edited:
The opposite will happen, as we approach the end of times, there will be far more women than men. What does that mean? Well it will be more competitive for women as more women will compete each other to marry a guy, as there will be fewer men, as we approach the end of times.

Abu Musa reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A time will come to people when a man will go around with gold to give in charity but he will find no one to accept it, and a single man will be seen followed by forty women seeking refuge with him due to the scarcity of men and abundance of women.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 1348, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1012

Can someone post the original paper? I can't seem to find it.

Femcels are sharing this a lot but the only substance provided in this article says that more men are lonely and that men makeup 62% of users on dating apps. There's nothing empirically shown in the article that supports the authors conclusion that more men are single because women are upping their standards and the best recourse for men is to pickup feminine communication skills. The author says he came to these conclusions based on random self-reporting tiktok streams. The author should've included the dating app data to show which type of men are the most successful. Are they tall, jacked guys? or emotionally available, good communicators, and share similar values? he baselessly concludes with.

Dating apps are unrealistic, if you look for a lady outside of the technological lense, it will be far more easier. It’s just that nowadays, especially men are too comfortable in their comfort zone, using social media to find a lady etc, that’s wrong, get out of your comfort zone, go out there, you will easily find a wife.

Femcels are sharing this a lot but the only substance provided in this article says that more men are lonely and that men makeup 62% of users on dating apps. There's nothing empirically shown in the article that supports the authors conclusion that more men are single because women are upping their standards and the best recourse for men is to pickup feminine communication skills. The author says he came to these conclusions based on random self-reporting tiktok streams. The author should've included the dating app data to show which type of men are the most successful. Are they tall, jacked guys? or emotionally available, good communicators, and share similar values? he baselessly concludes with.
Doesn't this fit into the data that more women now file for divorce?

Silly question.

Alright cool

We're talking about the Western world. Two income families are indeed the norm now.

Provide that article please. That doesn't make sense because if the man is making significantly more than them, then why would they be in a 50/50 relationship? Isn't the man simply exploiting the relationship?

Yes, but many men were raised with the idea that the only thing they need to bring to the table is provision. Look at this forum, many have expressed the idea that being helpful towards their wives and even childcare is 'ceeb' because their men. If you have that mindset, what incentives does a woman that work and pay her own bills have to marry or even stay married to you?
58% doesn't mean he's self sufficient it just means he earns more than her and they both contribute to keeping the household together. The Economic system of the western world kind of has forced people to have to live with at least 2 incomes. A single income isn't enough to raise a family unless you earn a lot and those are the exception rather than the rule. So no I wouldn't consider it exploiting and this is what women apparently want so I don't see how that is exploitation.

As for your second point of how men are raised. And the point of being helpful towards a wife please elaborate your rather vague there because that convo has many grey areas.

Women outlive men, even women who were happily married, 'die alone' as they tend to live a decade or even more longer. So, your 'point' is meaningless.
Not really, life expectancy for men in the U.K. is 81 years old, and women is 82 years old. The reason why you think women will outlive men far long is because men take a much higher risk in life, as in dangerous jobs, participating in wars etc.

Trending

Latest posts