Study on Ancient East Africans, 41 individuals from Ancient Kenya/Tanzania

iu

I just realised.

This graph is surprisingly accurate minus the timescales.

Sixiroole10

Suldaanka Reer Bicidyahan
He also had an indigenous East African MT haplogroup (L3i2) that is also found in Somalis.

The dates line up pretty well.

He could have well be a proto-Somali man.
Lol one off them had the exact same y dna /mtdna combination as me. E-V32,L3i2

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo - what do you then say about modern day Somalis with EM293 haplotype?

Could they be the original cushites of the Horn?

They exist, but seem to be concentrated in clans near the Kenya border.

I personally think they were former South Cushites who got absorbed as Somalis.

Apollo

VIP
I want to do a DNA test, which company should I go for? @Apollo

It's not worth it now. Best time to buy is around Black Friday-Cyber Monday period in November when they slash prices in half or more. Just wait a little bit, your DNA won't change in the meanwhile (Hehe). But I recommend 23andMe for beginners.

It's not worth it now. Best time to buy is around Black Friday-Cyber Monday period in November when they slash prices in half or more. Just wait a little bit, your DNA won't change in the meanwhile (Hehe). But I recommend 23andMe for beginners.
What results are considered "Pure Somali"? Is it like 90% Somali or above, or is it 1 drop rule lol

Apollo

VIP
What results are considered "Pure Somali"? Is it like 90% Somali or above, or is it 1 drop rule lol

On 23andMe, the standard ''pure'' Somali result is something like 95% Somali cluster 5% Ethiopian cluster. Anything outside of that range and you got at least one non-Somali ancestor somewhere. :lol:

On 23andMe, the standard ''pure'' Somali result is something like 95% Somali cluster 5% Ethiopian cluster. Anything outside of that range and you got at least one non-Somali ancestor somewhere. :lol:
I will blame the Jews if I get anything less than 99% Somali :damsel:

@Apollo

I saw this thread on anthrogenica of Tutsis from Rwanda with EM293 - does it mean that Tutsis are also south cushites?

Link:
Text:

"Hello, I'm Tutsi from Rwanda and carries E-M293 y-dna but on living dna they gave me E-Z830, which I think it's an ancestral clade. Anyone knows when the mutation occured and it's ancestral and sibling clades. "

@Apollo

I saw this thread on anthrogenica of Tutsis from Rwanda with EM293 - does it mean that Tutsis are also south cushites?

Link:
Text:

"Hello, I'm Tutsi from Rwanda and carries E-M293 y-dna but on living dna they gave me E-Z830, which I think it's an ancestral clade. Anyone knows when the mutation occured and it's ancestral and sibling clades. "
I’m North Somali but I’m E-M293. Yeah it’s rare. A lot of Somalis moved up North from the South and vice versa. Either that or the test is wrong.

Trending