Strongly discourage your family from doing tahriib

Status
Not open for further replies.

warculus

pls im broke send moneys
A relative of mine went to do tahriib even though everyone of my wider family strongly discouraged him from doing it.
Guess what? As soon as he gets to libya we dont hear from him for a few days..
Then boom; ransom of 5k
pay that off then he gets caught again, ransom for 3k
Gets caught again and now they are asking for another 3k.
How tf do you get caught that many times?
Stressing my family out because they are not well off by any means and he didn't have a penny to his name, and assumed his relatives would bail him out of anything. They already warned him and he still left.
Somalis in somalia literally think money comes out of a wall when you are in Europe.
People should not do tahriib unless you literally dont value your life or your family.

Last edited:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
So after you paid the 5k they let him go and he went back to Somalia? Or he stayed and he was caught trying to leave the country?

I completely understand why they want to take the journey, it's easy for us to say don't risk your life there's nothing here; the youth in Somalia have no jobs, nothing to look forward to, what do you expect them to do? One relative of mine who took the journey(and alhamdulillah made it) said what he went through during that journey is nothing compared to waking up every morning and not being able to provide for your family.

A relative of mine went to do tahriib even though everyone of my wider family strongly discouraged him from doing it.
Guess what? As soon as he gets to libya we dont hear from him for a few days..
Then boom; ransom of 5k
pay that off then he gets caught again, ransom for 3k
Gets caught again and now they are asking for another 3k.
How tf do you get caught that many times?
Stressing my family out because they are not well off by any means and he didn't have a penny to his name, and assumed his relatives would bail him out of anything. They already warned him and he still left.
Somalis in somalia literally think money comes out of a wall when you are in Europe.
People should not do tahriib unless you literally dont value your life or your family.

I cut off my relatives in Somalia. Bunch of leeches. They think money grows on trees. I changed my number and before I did I told them to f*ck off. I think you should do the same.

warculus

pls im broke send moneys
So after you paid the 5k they let him go and he went back to Somalia? Or he stayed and he was caught trying to leave the country?

I completely understand why they want to take the journey, it's easy for us to say don't risk your life there's nothing here; the youth in Somalia have no jobs, nothing to look forward to, what do you expect them to do? One relative of mine who took the journey(and alhamdulillah made it) said what he went through during that journey is nothing compared to waking up every morning and not being able to provide for your family.
They let him go and carried on his journey to europe, but kept getting caught. I didnt pay it myself, it was a collective effort from wider family.
And that was not the reason he left. He wasnt starving, nor did he have a family, he was around early 20's. He went because he thought that Europe has a luxurious life and that he will get money just like that. All they see is the money that gets sent back home, not the effort and time it takes to be able to earn it.

Last edited:

warculus

pls im broke send moneys
It should be an individual decision. A lot of guys are here who came through tahrib
If it is an individual decision, make sure that you have enough funds to survive the tahriib before you even go through it. Its not only about money, it causes undue stress that they might die at any moment. And tahriib atm is more dangerous than it ever was. With the shit that is going on in Libya right now, you'd be crazy to do it through that route

Anyone who pays is financially supporting the Islamic State.

I don't pay ransoms or negotiate with terrorists.

I was asked to chip in with other extended relatives for this one moron who has been told not to leave his comfortable life, his family and successful small business. He didn't listen and I told the others to make sure he knows AbdiJew did not contribute a penny and that I have given him a Godspeed.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I can understand people that go on tahriib But theres 2 types that go on tahriib the ones who want to live on welfare and than theres the one that go because they want better education snd opportunities

I am planning to tahriib in the other direction inshaallah like many relatives already did

I have met a handful of these tahriibs, the most irreligious people you come across, when you lack iman, you would do anything

If it is an individual decision, make sure that you have enough funds to survive the tahriib before you even go through it. Its not only about money, it causes undue stress that they might die at any moment. And tahriib atm is more dangerous than it ever was. With the shit that is going on in Libya right now, you'd be crazy to do it through that route
It is a risk they took to better their life. You can't survive in Somalia without capital. No safety net exists. I applaud any individual who tahriibs to better their life.:manny:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
It is a risk they took to better their life. You can't survive in Somalia without capital. No safety net exists. I applaud any individual who tahriibs to better their life.:manny:

Instead of tahribiing why not invest in a business

Anyone who pays is financially supporting the Islamic State.

I don't pay ransoms or negotiate with terrorists.

I was asked to chip in with other extended relatives for this one moron who has been told not to leave his comfortable life, his family and successful small business. He didn't listen and I told the others to make sure he knows AbdiJew did not contribute a penny and that I have given him a Godspeed.

You have one of those but guys too back home?

:jcoleno:

Tahriib costs around 9k and they know they'll be bailed out so they do it. Had a family member recently drop out of university in Kenya and sneak into Europe. He had a much brighter future if he just finished his studies. Now he'll have to start from scratch in Europe. We only bailed him out to save his life, we didn't want him in Europe.

I cut off my relatives in Somalia. Bunch of leeches. They think money grows on trees. I changed my number and before I did I told them to f*ck off. I think you should do the same.

Heartless.

I may a lesbian hoe, but even I pay money to 5 orphans of my various uncles and aunt's who have not penny to their name.

Many of our family will not survive the month if we didn't pay them and especially when the drought has killed the little they had before.

Your somalinimo is only relevant when you want to dictate who somali girls marry? :camby:

World

VIP
Basically you spent 20k on him and he still hasn’t made it to Europe. WTF. He could have bought a mansion and started a nice business with that cash back home, but he wants to live off benefits in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending