Stop calling your sons 'Cabdi'

Lol, don't most Somalis already say 'ani' when speaking casually. Saying aniga, adiga etc. sounds like a pain.
Ani= Aniga
Anu= Anigu
Anoo= Aniga oo
Anay= Anigay(Aniga + ayay)
Anba/Amba= Aniga ba(me too)
etc.
Only reer koonforia talk like that while in somaliland K5 Djibouti and other Somalis in the south away from Xamar region say Aniga or Amba

Last edited:
Abdi is a stupid name I’m glad nobody in my family is named that. You have to add a name of Allah to it like Abdirahman, Abdullah, Abdihakim etc. Why would you name a child just Abdi it means “my slave” loool

I find it a little strange how somalis nowadays are naming their kids random non Islamic arabic names like Zayn, Aaliyah, Sabrina etc. For me it’s either Islamic names or Somali names. I’m not in the business of arab washing my kids identities.

I wish I had a traditional Somali first or last name but they’re Islamic so it’s fine and my first name is only really used by Somali people even tho it’s Islamic so Somali people can tell I’m Somali too just by hearing my first name

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Only reer koonforia talk like that while in somaliland K5 Djibouti and other Somalis in the south sway from Xamar region say Aniga or Amba
I re-read like 3 times and I still have no idea what you're trying to say. What have aniga(me, I) and anba(me too) got to do with each other? You guys are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

This is not a koonfur vs waqooyi thing. All I'm saying that Somalis sometimes shorten their words when speaking Somali, ever heard of contractions? And it's not even Af-suuqi(slang), you can find these words in Somali songs, poems etc.

Ani= reer SL doesn't say "ani" alone', but they use it as contraction.
For example: Aniga iyo=becomes Aniyo. Me and my friend= "Aniyo saaxiibkay"
Anu(Ani + gu)= Anigu
Anna(Ani +na)= Anigana
Amba/Anba(Ani + ba)= Anigaba
Anoo(Ani + oo)= Anigoo
Anuu(Ani + uu)= Aniguu
Anay(Ani + ay)= Anigay
Aniyo(Ani + ayo)= Anigayo
Adna(Adi + na)= Adigana
Adoo(Adi + oo)= Adigoo
Aduu(Adi + uu)= Adiguu
Aday(Adi + ay)= Adigay
Annana= Annagana
Iyana= Iyadana
Idinna= Idinkana
Isna= Isagana
I could go on forever.

Somali dictionary:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Muuse Galaal's naxwe:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This stuff is like basic Somali naxwe 101, I'm so embarrassed for you guys.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Troll, you know your audience.

Are you a linguist or something? I've seen you post quite comprehensively about matters of language.
Teaching runs in the blood! My father, grandfathers and two of my great uncles were all Somali and/or science teachers. I learned a bit from them, but I wouldn't say I'm linguist. I do teach Somali as a part time job, though. :smiles:

Apollo

VIP
Teaching runs in the blood! My father, grandfathers and two of my great uncles were all Somali and/or science teachers. I learned a bit from them, but I wouldn't say I'm linguist. I do teach Somali as a part time job, though. :smiles:

Make more threads on the Somali language in the Culture & History section if you can, thank you in advance.

Trending