Stop calling your sons 'Cabdi'

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
also having the wrong female/male morphology. xamdi is a male form. xamdiyah is the female form. shukri is male form. and shukriyah is female form. for some reason only somalis get it wrong. :snoop:
I love Shukri for a girl name, its unique.

We need more Aden or Adam names to replace all the ugly Abdis.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
For girls best names are Maryam & Zaynab. Sahro/a Sarah?
Beautiful names!

I also love Yasmine, Anisa,Asiyo,Sumaya,Samira, Alia etc. There are thousands of gorgeous girl names. It's so much more easier to find beautiful and unique girl names than boy.

reer

VIP
I love Shukri for a girl name, its unique.

We need more Aden or Adam names to replace all the ugly Abdis.
nacas. shukri is from arabic. its an arabic name. its a male name. shukriyah is the female form.

shkry.jpg

:dead:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Cabdi doesn’t actually mean slave.

It means “my slave” in Arabic.

When you add an “i” to a word in Arabic, it becomes possessive.

Somalis are allowing people to call them “my slave”.

:mjlol:
Arabs use o instead of i, so instead of Abdi it's abdo or abdah

Somalis say they not arabs yet most common name/ shoutout is Abdi, this is why Arabs think we are Arabs cuz shit doesnt make sense

Apollo

VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Saying 'aniga' often while on the phone or with another Somali in public transport when a black male is near you is also a bit funny. They could think you are gossiping about them in a foreign language. :mjlol:

Aniga should become Ani, reform Af-Somali. :fittytousand:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Saying 'aniga' often while on the phone or with another Somali in public transport when a black male is near you is also a bit funny. They could think you are gossiping about them in a foreign language. :mjlol:

Aniga should become Ani, reform Af-Somali. :fittytousand:
This reminds me when an Egyptian asked me how do you say: What's your name in Somali?, This is around 2011-2012 and there was widespread famine in Somalia. I said magacaa, and he replied: magaaca. which is how the Egyptians pronounce (مجاعة) it means famine.

somalis in the diaspora should start giving their kids somali names, and im talking old school like xirsi,xagar,shire,fahiye,warfa,ijaabo,beydan,warsan,warsame,guled,roble,ladan,magan,shirwac,loyaan,kahiin,samakaab ect, if we dont move these names to the next generation they'll die out.

Trending

Latest posts