Stop calling your sons 'Cabdi'

Abdi is unique to somalis only adding ي to Abd sounds unarabic
@Periplus

It isn’t unique to Somalis altough its more common in the Somali community.

Some examples:

Kamyar Abdi- Iranian archaeologist

Bahador Abdi- Iranian footballer

Abed Abdi- Palestinian artist

Jumadi Abdi- Indonesian footballer

Akbar Abdi- Iranian actor

Mohammad Abdi- Iranian author

It’s more common in Iranians I noticed.

Also apparently Oromos have “Abdi” as a name too, but according to them it means something else in oromo. I saw that on tiktok, I think they said it means beautiful don’t remember tho.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Aniga should become Ani, reform Af-Somali. :fittytousand:
Lol, don't most Somalis already say 'ani' when speaking casually. Saying aniga, adiga etc. sounds like a pain.
Ani= Aniga
Anu= Anigu
Anoo= Aniga oo
Anay= Anigay(Aniga + ayay)
Anba/Amba= Aniga ba(me too)
etc.

Lol, don't most Somalis already say 'ani' when speaking casually. Saying aniga, adiga etc. sounds like a pain.
Ani= Aniga
Anu= Anigu
Anoo= Aniga oo
Anay= Anigay(Aniga + ayay)
Anba/Amba= Aniga ba(me too)
etc.
As someone from Djibouti 🇩🇯/Somaliland we may say “Ani” but it’s very rare.

“Anoo” is also rarely used by us but can happen sometimes.

“Anba/Amba” is very common and I use it all the time.

The rest like “Anu” and “Anay” isn’t used at all by us.

In Shaa Allah I'll give my future children authentic Somali names like Warsame & Hodan or unique Arabic names like Urwa & Sufyan or Maryam & Ruqayya (my mothers name)

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
As someone from Djibouti 🇩🇯/Somaliland we may say “Ani” but it’s very rare.

“Anba/Amba” is very common and I use it all the time.

The rest like “Anu”, “Anoo” “Anay” isn’t used at all by us.
I can't speak for Djibouti or reer Galbeed, but the words I mentioned are your standard af waqooyi dialect.

Lol, I admit 'Ani' is more of a reer Xamar/Koonfureed thing, but the rest is as reer waqooyi as you can get.

These pages(in the spoiler) perfectly explain the difference between Far Somali and Af Somali.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can't speak for Djibouti or reer Galbeed, but the words I mentioned are your standard af waqooyi dialect.

Lol, I admit 'Ani' is more of a reer Xamar/Koonfureed thing, but the rest is as reer waqooyi as you can get.

These pages(in the spoiler) perfectly explain the difference between Far Somali and Af Somali.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The once I Said isn’t used is literally not used in my area or any area I ever been to lol.

Somaliland doesn’t speak like that, and if you knew anything about dialects or lander dialect you would knew that Djibouti and Somaliland speak the same.

Also ”af waqooyi” doesn’t Only apply to somaliland, we speak northern Somali proper which is different and half of those words you listed sounds like you just made them up lmfao

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
I think there's been a huge drop in western raised Somalis naming their kids Abdi (haven't seen 1). If anything, I have seen babies named Sam and Jay (this one was named Jay by his 35+ old dad and his hooyo back in Somalia has not criticized him for it).

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I think there's been a huge drop in western raised Somalis naming their kids Abdi (haven't seen 1). If anything, I have seen babies named Sam and Jay (this one was named Jay by his 35+ old dad and his hooyo back in Somalia has not criticized him for it).
Jay is clearly for Jaylaani or something.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
and half of those words you listed sounds like you just made them up lmfao
It's not my fault that your Somali sucks.:mugshotman:

Af Waqooyi & af "northern proper Somali" wax ka garanmayside, orod buug iyo qalin soo qaado, BTJX ha lagaaga bilaabee, big dheh!!:donkey:

It's not my fault that your Somali sucks.:mugshotman:

Af Waqooyi & af "northern proper Somali" wax ka garanmayside, orod buug iyo qalin soo qaado, BTJX ha lagaaga bilaabee, big dheh!!:donkey:
Everyone knows our dialect is the best, most songs and poetry comes from Somaliland for a reason lol.
Stay mad :westbrookswag:

Trending

Latest posts