State of the Somali Armed Forces Then Vs Now

How long until we have a competent fighting force? AMISOM claim to be leaving soon, and we would crushed by AS in our current state.

They're going to leave in 2021 or so they say. Don't be surprised if their mandate gets extended. Ideally, we should try to get the arms embargo lifted in the next 2 years to swing the momentum our way. I just wished Farmaajo spent more time trying to end that instead of asking the vultures for help. What good will it do to our soldiers if we can't get them the necessary equipment to fulfill their jobs? The status quo will remain in tact if we don't get it lifted because AMISOM has no intention to do all the heavy lifting and would rather milk this lucrative mission out. In the meantime I hope the administration is putting in place accountability measures within the SNA to show the detractors in the IC that the heavy weapons won't fall into the wrong hands

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
They're going to leave in 2021 or so they say. Don't be surprised if their mandate gets extended. Ideally, we should try to get the arms embargo lifted in the next 2 years to swing the momentum our way. I just wished Farmaajo spent more time trying to end that instead of asking the vultures for help. What good will it do to our soldiers if we can't get them the necessary equipment to fulfill their jobs? The status quo will remain in tact if we don't get it lifted because AMISOM has no intention to do all the heavy lifting and would rather milk this lucrative mission out. In the meantime I hope the administration is putting in place accountability measures within the SNA to show the detractors in the IC that the heavy weapons won't fall into the wrong hands

You're still putting your hope in Farmaajo?

You do realise that the lack of a trained armed army is the reason he still gets to keep his job.

If that wasn't the case; a general probably would've already deposed him.

AMISON is there to protect the Airport, key national locations and national assets and the puppet government.

The rag tag Somali clan militia army exist purely just to look incompetent by not arming or paying them and then asking the impossible of them.

Trending

Latest posts