State of the Somali Armed Forces Then Vs Now

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
20171103_120132.png

How the mighty have fallen. :francis:

The numbers for the pieces of armour are not accurate. It's better to show what they were.

The saddest thing about the Somali army is that it consists of several brigades of different clan militias. This is why we have had infighting in the army, and it is the reason why they are not competent. The soldiers are also unpaid for several months at a time, and and the militiamen are often predators.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
The numbers for the pieces of armour are not accurate. It's better to show what they were.

The saddest thing about the Somali army is that it consists of several brigades of different clan militias. This is why we have had infighting in the army, and it is the reason why they are not competent. The soldiers are also unpaid for several months at a time, and and the militiamen are often predators.
hence AMISOM

MadNomad

As i live and breathe

Does farmajo and the regional states ever plan to integrate the army into a centralized force?

Does farmajo and the regional states ever plan to integrate the army into a centralized force?

They agreed during the HSM era to send certain numbers of solseirs from each state to be integrated to into the armed forces. New soldiers, not the kind that is a part of a state force or militia force. Of course nothing became of this.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
They agreed during the HSM era to send certain numbers of solseirs from each state to be integrated to into the armed forces. New soldiers, not the kind that is a part of a state force or militia force. Of course nothing became of this.

What a mess. I'll be 80 before Somalia ever sees peace and prosperity.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
The turkish base will accelerate the integration. I don't know if all the FMS agreed to send soldiers to that base for training though

How long until we have a competent fighting force? AMISOM claim to be leaving soon, and we would crushed by AS in our current state.

"And how many a city did We destroy while it was committing wrong - so it is [now] fallen into ruin - and [how many] an abandoned well and [how many] a lofty palace." Surah al-Haj Verse 45