State of Emergency declared in VA, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virginia Gov. Declares State of Emergency as White Nationalist Rally Turns Violent

by MARIANNA SOTOMAYOR, PHIL MCCAUSLAND and ARIANA BROCKINGTON

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Fights erupted and at least two people were hurt when white nationalists and counter-protesters violently clashed Saturday in Charlottesville, Virginia, forcing local police and Gov. Terry McAuliffe to declare a state of emergency.
Supporters gathered in Emancipation Park Saturday morning in anticipation of a noon rally held by "Unite the Right." The aim of the rally was to protest the removal of a statue honoring Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee. The park was formerly known as Lee Park.
State police and members of the Virginia National Guard surrounded the park after McAuliffe declared a state of emergency and the city of Charlottesville declared the alt-right protest an unlawful assembly — effectively cancelling the demonstration before it's planned start time.
McAuliffe said he declared a state of emergency to allow for a response to quell the violence.

(Alt Right protesters clash with Leftest Militias, both armored and wielding bats and shields)

Alt righters are nuts, You are in the "United" states of America not the "confederate" states. So why are they so hell bent on keeping a traitor's statue in place?

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Hmm, I once went to an antifa rally for the lulz. They were all a bunch of crazy white lefties. Almost no nonwhites are in those anti-racist groups.

Wait someone actually died?
:ohhh:

This is more serious than I thought
Yup, It's getting mad
the dudes been arrested
>

Hmm, I once went to an antifa rally for the lulz. They were all a bunch of crazy white lefties. Almost no nonwhites are in those anti-racist groups.

We still don't know what his political affiliation is, but it's most likely an Alt righter knowing that he plowed into a group of Leftists counter protesters

Apollo

VIP
We still don't know what his political affiliation is, but it's most likely an Alt righter knowing that he plowed into a group of Leftists counter protesters

If more attacks like these happen the Alt-Right will be classified as a terrorist organization and censored more harshly.

LMFAO Richard Spencer, the poster boy for the alt right has been tackled to the ground and arrested by State troopers
:drakelaugh::drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah:

Last edited:
If more attacks like these happen the Alt-Right will be classified as a terrorist organization and censored more harshly.
LOL, not a chance. As long as Trump is president, he'll just condemn the attack and not the Ideology of the far right conservatives.
He always scream,"Radical Islamic Terrorism", I wonder if this time he'll call it "Radical, Far Right Conservative Terrorism".

Apollo

VIP
LOL, not a chance. As long as Trump is president, he'll just condemn the attack and not the Ideology of the far right conservatives.
He always scream,"Radical Islamic Terrorism", I wonder if this time he'll call it "Radical, Far Right Conservative Terrorism".

The Alt-Right is present in many countries and some of those have centrist or center-left leaders who wouldn't hesitate censoring them (Canada, Germany, Sweden, France etc).

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Charlottesville officials: 1 dead, 19 injured after crash near 'Unite the Right' rally

170812153848-president-trump-august-12-exlarge-169.jpg

• Witness says car sat on side of street then took off into crowd
  • Trump condemns "hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides"
Charlottesville, Virginia (CNN)One person was killed and 19 were hurt when a speeding car slammed into a throng of counterprotesters in Charlottesville, where a "Unite the Right" rally of white nationalist and other right-wing groups had been scheduled take place, the city tweeted on its verified account.

The driver was later taken into custody, the city said in a news release. It did not name the person.
"I am heartbroken that a life has been lost here. I urge all people of good will -- go home," Mayor Mike Signer wrote on Twitter.

The city added that there were 15 other injuries associated with the scheduled rally.
Virginia's governor had earlier declared an emergency, and police worked to disperse hundreds of protesters in the college town after clashes broke out ahead of the rally's scheduled noon ET start.
Fistfights and screaming matches erupted Saturday, barely 12 hours after a scuffle Friday night at the nearby University of Virginia between torch-bearing demonstrators and counterprotesters.
Saturday's rally was the latest event drawing white nationalists and right-wing activists from across the country to this Democratic-voting town -- a development precipitated by the city's decision to remove symbols of its Confederate past.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/us/charlottesville-white-nationalists-rally/index.html

upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif upload_2017-8-12_17-17-43.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending