Stabbed Somali boy in Camden named: Assad “Nutty” Yarrow

7 APRIL 2003
NS Special Report - ‘For Somalis, their trust in British law is about - and this is their word - being ‘’civilised’’, meaning treated with respect’

BY ALEX MCBRIDE

In a nondescript community hall in a road leading up to the Royal Artillery Barracks, outreach workers are running a workshop on gang awareness. Ahmed, playing along, paces back and forth. Tall, slightly stooped and dressed in tennis whites, he lopes like a pro taking the Florida sun. Ahmed is listing the things he likes to eat: pizza, fried chicken, cheese on toast. “Oh yeah,” chimes another Somali boy, “cheese on toast.”

Yusuf is watching Ahmed pace. He fled Mogadishu when he was 11, after his father was murdered. The remnants of his family jumped in a car and drove north with nothing but the clothes they were wearing. Yusuf and his family wandered from Kenya to Italy and finally to Woolwich, east London.

These young Somalis are caught between two worlds. Part of them, their face on the street, is set for the metropolis.

https://www.newstatesman.com/node/194695

yeah thats true. I was gonna say they are not hard enough lol. But seriously though these somalis need to wake up. They are born and bred in uk and have every chance to make something out of their life

@Jaydaan

Sxb, we are over-represented in crime and terrorism statistics and when it comes to the latter, plenty of Halimas including middle aged and elderly Somali women are involved, therefore, I’m beginning to think that we are attracted to self destruction more than other ethnicities. Why?

But not everyone is as resourceful as u. These kids sometimes dont have older person guidance. Housing is in shortage. There is no stability. Just like Somalia, there is no security stability, how can someone thrive??? There is no structure for them as in adults who care about them. Look at this deceased 25 year old, his teeth. They look so decrepit and disaster, at this tender age, his teeth should be sparkling bright! God forgive me, but this is really outrageous in my opinion

Shitty camera, if it was good, you would be able to see the silver teeth, he has.

Trending

Latest posts