SouthWest Elders demand a Federal committee to investigate Farmaajo's use of Ethiopian forces to massacre them in Baydhabo and reject the SWS election

Taliso

Nin aan cilay ba I cayaa.
VIP
Afmaay sounds like Oromo, I can't tell the difference tbh,
giphy.gif

Taliso

Nin aan cilay ba I cayaa.
VIP
Banadir is the most influential and civilised. People all over Somalia are influenced by our dialect :manny:
Banadir literally stole every word from their colonizers Italy.

Boorso-- Borsa (bag)
Forno--Forna (oven)
Toosh--Torcia (torch)
Okiyaalo – Occhiali (glasses)
Dolshe--Dulce (cake)
Taako- Tacco (heels)

:comeon:

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Banadir literally stole every word from their colonizers Italy.

Boorso-- Borsa (bag)
Forno--Forna (oven)
Toosh--Torcia (torch)
Okiyaalo – Occhiali (glasses)
Dolshe--Dulce (cake)
Taako- Tacco (heels)

:comeon:
Those are just objects the Italians Introduced us to so naturally we took the name they call it.

E.g italians introduced brits to pasta so that’s what it’s called in English, Japanese introduced them to sushi so that’s what it’s called in English etc

Overall benadir is still the most authentic somali dialect. When you think af somali you think benadir

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It isn't Somali standard is based on Reer waqooyi dialect as old rich Somali potery and literature is based on that dialect

Somali poetry is generally in the waqooyi dialect.

But the Somali used in formal/official settings (by government, schools etc) is the Mudug dialect as its seen as a neutral dialect, neither waqooyi or benadir or anywhere else.

Somali poetry is generally in the waqooyi dialect.

But the Somali used in formal/official settings (by government, schools etc) is the Mudug dialect as its seen as a neutral dialect, neither waqooyi or benadir or anywhere else.
Sxb I don't think af mudug is the standard one do you hear an official saying mi jidho waa jidha 😂

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Sxb I don't think af mudug is the standard one do you hear an official saying mi jidho waa jidha 😂

Ask your parents sxb.

It has probably changed since the civil war but when Somalia was under one government, the Mudug dialect was the standardised dialect.

Obviously people may speak differently but when the vocabulary they use in writing or speaking is from Mudug. That's why people refer to it as "Soomaali rasmi".

Ask your parents sxb.

It has probably changed since the civil war but when Somalia was under one government, the Mudug dialect was the standardised dialect.

Obviously people may speak differently but when the vocabulary they use in writing or speaking is from Mudug. That's why people refer to it as "Soomaali rasmi".
I don't know bro what I know and what is taught in schools and spoken in the media from all Somali territories starting from Djibouti is in Reer waqooyi dialect standard form and people in mudug who's dialect isn't that different from us although they don't pronounce the R in middle of the word that's why PL is called Reer mi jidho waa jidha 😂

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I don't know bro what I know and what is taught in schools and spoken in the media from all Somali territories starting from Djibouti is in Reer waqooyi dialect standard form and people in mudug who's dialect isn't that different from us although they don't pronounce the R in middle of the word that's why PL is called Reer mi jidho waa jidha 😂

That's because since 91, is there a reason for SL to speak in another dialect?

After the war, unity was dead so I wouldn't be surprised if people resorted to speaking their dialects in formal settings.

Last edited:

After the war, unity was dead so I wouldn't be surprised if people resorted to speaking their dialects in formal settings.

Standard somali has and is always being reer waqooyi..

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Standard somali has and is always being reer waqooyi..

Bro, the mudug dialect is literally called "Soomaali rasmi". That literally means "official Somali".

The reason why some sources say waqooyi Somali is official is because they put Mudug as part of the waqooyi dialect.

Mudug's dialect is used because its easier for and in between both waqooyi and benadir.

Do you really think Southern Somalia would have been happy having waqooyi as the Somali dialect.

Think about the ridiculousness of what you're saying.

:snoop:

SL is still uses the Somali standard dialect that is used in Xamar Djibouti and Jigjiga

Bro, the mudug dialect is literally called "Soomaali rasmi". That literally means "official Somali".

The reason why some sources say waqooyi Somali is official is because they put Mudug as part of the waqooyi dialect.

Mudug's dialect is used because its easier for and in between both waqooyi and benadir.

Do you really think Southern Somalia would have been happy having waqooyi as the Somali dialect.

Think about the ridiculousness of what you're saying.

:snoop:

Proper woqooyi, which is the dialect that is basic for somali, is not the form that is spoken in Mudug.

Inshallah beesha leeysaan get their justice in freeing their son . Sheikh mukhtar roobow has denounced al kebaab he should also be free like zakarayi hirsi and countless others who are now working for NiSA .

Mukhtar roobows militia are battlened harden and are still fighting terrorists without government help they would be great addition to the SNA but this government has politicized the army sadly .

Trending

Latest posts