South Korean birth rate continues to crater

I need a cure for my love for u. :mjswag:
Jack Sparrow Reaction GIF

attash

Amaan Duule
I do know that, but it will be a lesson learnt. As a woman if I were being treated by my men the way the korean women are i wouldn’t want to marry and reproduce with them either. Hopefully they learn to treat their women better, if not have fun going extinct. It’s obvious men care more about lineage (as it is patrilineal in most places) than women do. Women don’t exactly have lineages in those communities so why should they care?
They should care because the aging population and lack of new workers will mean extremely high taxes and lots more work in order to make up for the declining productivity caused by a shrinking workforce. Koreans are already forced to work very long hours with the 996 system. Their work culture is causing extreme depression and the country has the highest suic*de rate amongst developed countries:
Now imagine these people having to work even more. Their country will essentially be a slave society at that point.

However bad Korean women have it today, their lives will get a lot worse in the future if they don't get those birth rates up.

the reason the birth in sk is so low, its because the women are holding out. They will riot if a herd of dinka iyo igbo show up, but welcome josh iyo brad as tho the messiah is here.
:mjpls: fk em asian, the reason whites will never suffer is because of them and indians love for em.

I don't know about this narrative because dude has had some experience with good-looking Asian women from Singapore, China, Korea and Vietnam.

I know several 6'4+ Sudo dudes with Asian wives and they have little kids running around; I will say that Ling-Ling always wins when this type of admixture happens and it just doesn't make sense

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Ukrainians are not as fertile as us African men. Only African men can save the Indhoyar race.Imagine some religious Salafi Somali with 4 niqabi Korean women and 14 children or a Jamaican who managed to impregnate 10 different Korean females 💀

Fertility rate would be booming
Send me to korea I'll up the birth rate myself, create a new qabiil altogether, with the intelligence of the indhoyars and the ferocity of Somalis we'll dominate
:rejoice:

Deserved lmao that’s what happens when you treat women and mothers like shit :russ: and Chinese men are crying cause there aren’t enough women due to female selective abortions during the one child policy. commit atrocities against women and Allah will punish you
Are Koreans waalid caasi?

GemState

36/21
VIP
@Reformed J @Chaseyourdreamzz

How is this not the only think the SK government thinks about? TFR of 0.7 is equivalent to saying that for every 20 people, the next generation will have only 7. Crazy thing it could drop further.

Ideally they need to open the border to NK and negotiate reunification, but there is no will for that, and I doubt China/US/Russia is interested.

Realistically, the best case scenario is SK finding their own version of Mexico. 1 Central Asian/SEA middle income country in their near abroad they have good relations where they can just absorb millions and millions of people without having too many social issues, and in exchange they help with development. Uzbekistan's TFR is nearly 4, so they will probably export people to SK instead of Russia

Last edited:
@Reformed J @Chaseyourdreamzz

How is this not the only think the SK government thinks about? TFR of 0.7 is equivalent to saying that for every 20 people, the next generation will have only 7. Crazy thing it could drop further.

Ideally they need to open the border to NK and negotiate reunification, but there is no will for that, and I doubt China/US/Russia is interested.

Realistically, the best case scenario is SK finding their own version of Mexico. 1 Central Asian/SEA middle income country in their near abroad they have good relations where they can just absorb millions and millions of people without having too many social issues, and in exchange they help with development. Uzbekistan's TFR is nearly 4, so they will probably export people to SK instead of Russia
Man if your nation's socio-economic conditions are pushing you into extinction you've failed at life.

Why would the south ever want to reunite with the north? All the adult refugees from the north are dead, their descendants are southerners. The South is so far ahead at this point any reunification would mean incurring substantial cuts to their own living conditions in order to up lift impoverished northerners. They're not so easily plug and play. Its not like the northerners are brining enough coal or oil to the table.

I was thinking Vietnam more than Uzbekistan. SK is the largest foreigner investor in Vietnam, look similar enough and shares some Confucian philosophy with the Koreans.

GemState

36/21
VIP
Man if your nation's socio-economic conditions are pushing you into extinction you've failed at life.
I think humans need something more than GDP targets and consumption to live for. Really says something that humans only really multiply themselves are in groups inoculated from industrial modernity like religious cults (very Conservative Muslims, Orthodox Jews, Amish, Mennonites, etc) or peoples in extreme poverty and general backwardness.

The unique thing with East Asians is how they combine the worst aspect of tradition like only having kids within marriage and extreme conformist thinking with the worst aspect of modernity like militant Atheism and cutthroat capitalism like the Chaebols.

When I was in SK and China I was genuinely shocked that people reproduced at all, it's such a stressful place. Only some hardcore Hui and mountain people in the border with SEA are the only groups in China with above replacement rate, which checks out.

Japan is a lot better these days on the work life balance front so no shock they have the highest East Asian TFR.
1701445415595.png

Why would the south ever want to reunite with the north? All the adult refugees from the north are dead, their descendants are southerners. The South is so far ahead at this point any reunification would mean incurring substantial cuts to their own living conditions in order to up lift impoverished northerners. They're not so easily plug and play. Its not like the northerners are brining enough coal or oil to the table.
Income convergence can be achieved by a combination of heavy investment to NK and a mass labour migration from North to South. A unified Korea would still have a bad population pyramid but it'd be more inline with Japan/Italy instead of genuinely spiraling towards doom.

And a unified Korea would probably be a top 5 economy in the world, though you are completely right it would f*ck over SK's people for a while. You can't make long term decisions like that in a democracy because people want to think about only tomorrow, which is one of it's huge cons.
I was thinking Vietnam more than Uzbekistan. SK is the largest foreigner investor in Vietnam, look similar enough and shares some Confucian philosophy with the Koreans.
Yeah, Vietnam is large enough for that. Japan imports Viets now as well as some of the Chinese border regions in the hundreds of thousands. For SK at this point you'd probably need to just let any Vietnamese through. It'd need to look like Italian migration to America to really have a dent.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts