Somaliweyn needs a capital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
It would probably be prudent to imitate countries like the US and make the capital a less prominent, often inland city. I would go with somewhere in Mudug or Kilinka Shanaad and for the city to be mainly focused on politics rather than being a huge commercial hub like Mogadishu. I like where your head is at with Mogadishu basically being like NYC.

New York City by all rights in many people's minds should be the US capital. It's their largest and greatest city and one of the most if not the most diverse and yet it isn't, DC is. A much more quiet city that is easier to secure. Somaliweyn should take notes and a more central position like Mudug can possibly better appease Reer Woqooyi.

I’m a bit puzzled by the title “SomaliWeyne needs a new capital”

Wouldn’t that incline SomaliWeyne is a reality on the ground and not an ambitious dream? We should get SomaliWeyne together first before thinking about a new capital. But that’s just my two cents :manny:

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst
VIP
Somaliweyne ideology needs to be criminalized, it has caused a lot of suffering. We want to balkanize Somalia ee forget about somaliweyne. Its a concept i held in my heart for a long time till i saw the bigger picture.

Som

VIP
no its terrible for national unity to have xamar as capital it will only cause divisions on us somalis
Not true. Xamar is the most diverse somali city . You have all clans living in Xamar, even though it was more diverse before the war.
Somalis would never accept any other capital because all other cities have one or two qabil majority and are more homogeneous.

Not true. Xamar is the most diverse somali city . You have all clans living in Xamar, even though it was more diverse before the war.
Somalis would never accept any other capital because all other cities have one or two qabil majority and are more homogeneous.
do think the Somalilanders and the other secession groups are going to be happy with that? I want to a state that everybody feels included and secure. also, it's bad having a big city as a capital.

Som

VIP
do think the Somalilanders and the other secession groups are going to be happy with that? I want to a state that everybody feels included and secure. also, it's bad having a big city as a capital.
Landers are gone saaxiib. They won't be part of Somalia any time soon.
I kinda agree with you but which city can you choose? PL citiy like Boosaaso, Garoowe , Gaalkacyo etc are majority MJ , other qabilis won't accept it. Maybe Beledweyne is more diverse but they don't have many darood folks, Kismaayo may be an option but they are far away and too close to the Kenyan border.
I can't see any better capital than Mogadishu.

Landers are gone saaxiib. They won't be part of Somalia any time soon.
I kinda agree with you but which city can you choose? PL citiy like Boosaaso, Garoowe , Gaalkacyo etc are majority MJ , other qabilis won't accept it. Maybe Beledweyne is more diverse but they don't have many darood folks, Kismaayo may be an option but they are far away and too close to the Kenyan border.
I can't see any better capital than Mogadishu.
I can promise one thing and that is that I will get Somaliland back in the union:fittytousand:

I propose starting a new city from scratch so we can build a sewer system and build a good infrastructure in general. we may need some investment from the diaspora and companies and countries like turkey.

Nairobi !!! :hemad:

EnFQ6cEXMAQlmLm.jpg
12738990_img20201125112716_jpeg91ad2de2c5c05e94ee94fc1bc8fe7343 (1).jpeg
12737126_img20200808095234_jpegd709c4950cb58a8e6fd6796100488c72.jpeg

11704409_tapatalk1587457407210_jpeg_jpeg50bbdff378197a9d710ac6d45c42a6a8.jpeg

11704508_img20200515001231_jpeg930a42043b08cf31596717207751b4d7.jpeg
130880393_814842979363970_608307319564154508_n.jpg

Last edited:

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
It would probably be prudent to imitate countries like the US and make the capital a less prominent, often inland city. I would go with somewhere in Mudug or Kilinka Shanaad and for the city to be mainly focused on politics rather than being a huge commercial hub like Mogadishu. I like where your head is at with Mogadishu basically being like NYC.

New York City by all rights in many people's minds should be the US capital. It's their largest and greatest city and one of the most if not the most diverse and yet it isn't, DC is. A much more quiet city that is easier to secure. Somaliweyn should take notes and a more central position like Mudug can possibly better appease Reer Woqooyi.
This is what I mean galkacyo is literally the perfect capital why has it already not been moved there

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
I can promise one thing and that is that I will get Somaliland back in the union:fittytousand:

I propose starting a new city from scratch so we can build a sewer system and build a good infrastructure in general. we may need some investment from the diaspora and companies and countries like turkey.
How would you get us back by peace or by war.

Status
Not open for further replies.